Flying From Bangkok To Spain

jasreeve17

In October I plan to pop to Spain for a few weeks.

I'll need to fly from Bkk to either Valencia or Alicante (or Murcia, but that's quite a little airport I think) and was wondering on good prices / routes?

I haven't flown to Europe in half a dozen years and have lost touch of costs. Could I get there and back for 50,000 baht?

I'm considering a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt then finding a local airline to Spain, or a flight to Madrid then a local flight to Valencia (55E I saw on Spanair which looked excellent.)

Any suggestions?

I have done this. It is very difficult because Iberia do not fly from Bangkok. They use a codeshare with British Airways.

The cheapest way to do it is find a cheap flight to London Heathrow or Gatwick, then make a separate booking with Iberia: London-Spain.

Do not make the mistake of booking an all-in ticket (only convenient for baggage).

Good luck. You will need it.

i guess the most convenient way to get there would be with Air France via Paris. no backtracking necessary. I am pretty much sure they fly to either Valencia or Alicante.

probably will cost u no less than 50.000, though. depends on the season.

Thai flies to Madrid, and then u could book a dmestic connection through the internet, if u r familiar with the airlines there.

but i wouldnt recommend that. once ur intercontinental flight is delayed, and u miss your connectinmg flight subsequently, u will loose ur ticket on any inexpensive carrier, as there is usually no refund.

every good travel agent (okay, there arent many good ones with a knowledge of Europe in Thailand) should be able to assist u.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone's advice.

The best (not good, but best for me) option is to go Gulf air via one stop to Paris or London for 35,000 baht then go a cheap airline to Spain (clickair or something for under 100 euros). Paris saves a couple of hours flying time.

I might not be able to find any better than this. Though I'm looking what cheap airlines fly to Valencia / Alicante, then checking where they fly from. I'm hoping for something like a 35,000 direct to Zurich then a cheap local airline to Valencia for a hundred euros or so. It'd potentially save hours in connections.

Thanks again.

Would suggest you try Air Berlin - Bangkok via Dusseldorf to all major cities in Spain

I second that. Duesseldorf is a nice airport; not too big, handy and many many flights to Spain, daily. They are the Mother company of LTU as well.

Here you go:

http://www.airberlin.com/site/start.php?LA...=1&MARKT=TH

WOW: I just checked and found that they're even flying BKK-Palma de Mallorca; from there it's just a stone's throw away to your destination.

http://www.airberlin.com/site/abvakanz_c.php?LANG=eng

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo