Slow Bittorrent Speeds In True

Shivek

In my experience the biggest single thing that you can do to speed up your torrents (in Vuze anyway) is to let it take control of your bandwidth using Auto-speed feature - remember that good d/l speeds are dependent upon you offering good u/l ones. I was getting 360 kB/s this morning whilst the average swarm speed was only around 45 (True BKK suburbs). If average swarm speeds are low anyway there's not much you can do, but even getting 20kB/s is great if the average swarm speed is only 5.

The algorithms used to determine who gets what speed are complicated - I'd recommend reading the Good Settings guide and start tweaking (the great thing about Auto-speed is that it does most of the tweaking for you dynamically).

In my experience the biggest single thing that you can do to speed up your torrents (in Vuze anyway) is to let it take control of your bandwidth using Auto-speed feature - remember that good d/l speeds are dependent upon you offering good u/l ones. I was getting 360 kB/s this morning whilst the average swarm speed was only around 45 (True BKK suburbs). If average swarm speeds are low anyway there's not much you can do, but even getting 20kB/s is great if the average swarm speed is only 5.

The algorithms used to determine who gets what speed are complicated - I'd recommend reading the Good Settings guide and start tweaking (the great thing about Auto-speed is that it does most of the tweaking for you dynamically).

Thanks for the insight. I'll give it a try.

I'm gonna chime in here and say that torrents have slowed down for me too. It's pretty obvious that over the last 2 months I was away, True had decided to, at one point, start throttling torrent speeds. I guess this is the last month I'll be using their service.

Can we get some input from people in Bangkok on different ISP's and their torrent speeds with say, 2:1 ratio torrents?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Come on, dude. Don't give me those childish answers... I've been a user for 5 years now and all of a sudden just a month ago I start having the problem which occurs only during weekends and peak hours during week days. During the mornings on week days, the download speed is fine.

Childish questions getting childish answers. You also ignored what you don't want to see/read.

The truth is that things are changing. That also applies (unfortunate) to the ISP's! Traffic shaping is in place and used by several ISP's. No wonder if there users running an Internet Cafe on public account or those who done nothing but downloading day and night and so on!

Cheers.

It is obvious that you are a True fan-boy, but you're certainly a very knowledgeable fellow. I learned lots of new things from your responses and appreciate them, sorry for calling them childish answers. I apologize and would like to thank you for your replies. :o

I'm not a fan-boy from anything. I just want things working without hassle everytime a need to change something.

Unfortunate TRUE is the best connection I can get here and I tested a few already. If there is something better, I'll change directly but it isn't yet!

On the other hand many of the connection sucking and that maybe not only because of the ISP but abut the physical line system as well.

Cheers.

OK, super dumb question of the day. I have TOT and would like an alternative and True would be a nice alternative. However, my wife tells me that we can't get True in Bangkok where we live (near Bangna by the new airport) as only TOT has fixed lines in this area. I am currently using a wireless connection set up by TOT. Is she correct that True is off limits for us?

Thanks.

Come on, dude. Don't give me those childish answers... I've been a user for 5 years now and all of a sudden just a month ago I start having the problem which occurs only during weekends and peak hours during week days. During the mornings on week days, the download speed is fine.

Childish questions getting childish answers. You also ignored what you don't want to see/read.

The truth is that things are changing. That also applies (unfortunate) to the ISP's! Traffic shaping is in place and used by several ISP's. No wonder if there users running an Internet Cafe on public account or those who done nothing but downloading day and night and so on!

Cheers.

It is obvious that you are a True fan-boy, but you're certainly a very knowledgeable fellow. I learned lots of new things from your responses and appreciate them, sorry for calling them childish answers. I apologize and would like to thank you for your replies. :o

I'm not a fan-boy from anything. I just want things working without hassle everytime a need to change something.

Unfortunate TRUE is the best connection I can get here and I tested a few already. If there is something better, I'll change directly but it isn't yet!

On the other hand many of the connection sucking and that maybe not only because of the ISP but abut the physical line system as well.

Cheers.

OK, super dumb question of the day. I have TOT and would like an alternative and True would be a nice alternative. However, my wife tells me that we can't get True in Bangkok where we live (near Bangna by the new airport) as only TOT has fixed lines in this area. I am currently using a wireless connection set up by TOT. Is she correct that True is off limits for us?

Thanks.

Just deleted the double post.

The answer to your question: go to the TRUE Calling Center at Phatanakan Road (if you come from Sri Nakarin Rd, its on the left site app 2-3 km, and check with lines available in your Area, or go to the TRUE Office at Seacon Square wherre you can get the answer as well.

Cheers.

Guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I see a moderator just posted so maybe I can get some help! All the buttons for New Thread, Reply, Quote etc have vanished from my TV forum screens. I recently installed Adblock Plus which I think may have had something to do with it but it's now disabled and I've done a re-boot for good measure. The only facility I have to interact with the forum is via quick reply. Any suggestions? If not, could some kind person start a thread for me along these lines in the hope that another member has the answer.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Thanks.

Just deleted the double post.

The answer to your question: go to the TRUE Calling Center at Phatanakan Road (if you come from Sri Nakarin Rd, its on the left site app 2-3 km, and check with lines available in your Area, or go to the TRUE Office at Seacon Square wherre you can get the answer as well.

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is it possible that True applies their traffic shaping to selected areas only and rotates them on regular basis?

If, for example, they are just near their limit and need a very mild intervention, wouldn't it be easier to cut off 30% of traffic in Samut Prakan than 0.3% of traffic nationwide?

Is it possible that True applies their traffic shaping to selected areas only and rotates them on regular basis?

If, for example, they are just near their limit and need a very mild intervention, wouldn't it be easier to cut off 30% of traffic in Samut Prakan than 0.3% of traffic nationwide?

May they should consider to cut of the torrent traffic in total in your area?! :o

Cheers.