Buying A New Car On Credit In Ubon

gmac

I've been trawling the Motoring Forum for information regarding buying a car on credit without a Thai Guarantor and have also asked my local dealers in Pattaya. It seems that the policy varies in different parts of the country and I wonder if anyone has experience of buying on credit in Ubon. I gather it may be possible for a farang in Chiang Mai to get credit (No Guarantor) with a 25% deposit and if this type of deal is available in Ubon I would be very interested to hear. I'm particularly interested in Honda/Toyota as they have cars available at 5-600,000 Baht but would consider any make at the same price.

Mods can you leave me in Isaan for a few days before shunting me to Motor Forum as I want to catch the local audience!!

I've been trawling the Motoring Forum for information regarding buying a car on credit without a Thai Guarantor and have also asked my local dealers in Pattaya. It seems that the policy varies in different parts of the country and I wonder if anyone has experience of buying on credit in Ubon. I gather it may be possible for a farang in Chiang Mai to get credit (No Guarantor) with a 25% deposit and if this type of deal is available in Ubon I would be very interested to hear. I'm particularly interested in Honda/Toyota as they have cars available at 5-600,000 Baht but would consider any make at the same price.

Mods can you leave me in Isaan for a few days before shunting me to Motor Forum as I want to catch the local audience!!

I don't think you can buy a car from in Ubon with a 25% deposit.

You need either: Thai guarantor (wife with property/registered business) - or you have to pay full amount in cash!

Edited by bergen

I brought a car in korat with a 50% deposit and after being told I did not need a thai guarantor, I was then told I needed one. I used my mother in law who has no job and no official income, work that one out.

I brought a car in korat with a 50% deposit and after being told I did not need a thai guarantor, I was then told I needed one. I used my mother in law who has no job and no official income, work that one out.

But she probably have some landpapers to show.

A guarantee is needed, ...............in case you disappear, :o .....................

- and you cannot register the car in your name unless it's is paid 100%. :D

I bought a Honda City from Surin in March. Would not give me credit, but happy to put in wife's name (no work or income0 with me as guarantor, They did not want any info from me as to income savings etc. Only wanted copy of wifes bank book with approx 90K in

Approached AYCL (www.aycl.co.th ) direct for a loan - they visited me at home, we filled in the papers - they then called Honda who arrived 2 hours later with a demo model, signed up, and 48 hours later Honda collected me from home to go to their showroom and take delivery.

20% down 4 years at 2.85% per annum.

I bought a Honda City from Surin in March. Would not give me credit, but happy to put in wife's name (no work or income0 with me as guarantor, They did not want any info from me as to income savings etc. Only wanted copy of wifes bank book with approx 90K in

Approached AYCL (www.aycl.co.th ) direct for a loan - they visited me at home, we filled in the papers - they then called Honda who arrived 2 hours later with a demo model, signed up, and 48 hours later Honda collected me from home to go to their showroom and take delivery.

Yes, amazing how you can borrow money to buy something in a Thai's name but not your own! I have been offered the option of buying in the girlfriend's name with me as guarantor but they won't take it the other way round as she has no land or job! Bearing in mind the girlfriend has only been with me for a year and hasn't been entirely faithful I don't find the idea of buying her a car as a going away present particularly attractive! :o

Just re-read your reply, when you approached AYCL direct did they give you a loan in your name or was it the loan in wife's name outlined in your first paragraph?

But she probably have some landpapers to show.

A guarantee is needed, ...............in case you disappear, :o .....................

- and you cannot register the car in your name unless it's is paid 100%. :D

All true,but TiT,I bought my pick-up over 3 years ago,50% cash and 4 years rates,0% interest,nearly paid in full now.

The car book stays with the credit Company,till the last rate,same as with the Thais,but has my name as owner.

Of course, a family member (second cousin of the wife)worked in the shop! :D

I bought a Mitsubishi Triton in Surin with a 40% deposit. The only thing I showed them was my passport with Immigrant Non B visa and house registration papers of my wifes family (I´m not listed on it). They copied the passport and the house registration form. That´s it!

My cars in my name as far as I am aware, I had to sign all the documents and my name is on everything. The wifes name is nowhere to be mentioned. I do know however that it will not be fully registered to me until it is payed in full. I think this is that same as back home in the UK.

I think I needed to show passport, visa etc and I also had to go and get a certificate of residency from immigration which is a must for a foreigner buying a car i believe.