Mortgage/residency Permit

Hi there. l hold at Thai residency permit and was told that it would be easier to apply for a Thai mortgage as a result. Does anyone know of any organisation/bank who will grant mortgages (house not condo) for a Thai Resident Permit holder? Thanks alot.

Try Tisco. I've met one or two farangs who via a company structure have managed to get a mortgage through them, and I don't believe they had PR like yourself.

Kasikorn have been good to friends with PR for condo's, so it may be work asking them (re a house). They and SCB seem to be two of the more enlightened banks around....

Thanks alot for the information....

Try Tisco. I've met one or two farangs who via a company structure have managed to get a mortgage through them, and I don't believe they had PR like yourself.

Kasikorn have been good to friends with PR for condo's, so it may be work asking them (re a house). They and SCB seem to be two of the more enlightened banks around....

• 2 weeks later...

I got a house mortgage from UOB and it was quite easy. An expat co-worker also just did it for a condo financing with them and he was very happy as well. With the house the mortgage and house are in my wife's name but they had no problem with me co-signing and accepted my income (she has none). The were flexible in ways Bangkok Bank wasn't. Recommend UOB.

And I'm in the process of setting up a company here and my accountant recommended UOB as well so I'm going to do my business banking there as well.