Bottle Beach On Koh Phangan

Yesterday afternoon i went to Bottle Beach to make a trekking. When i arrived on the beach i saw the new big swimming pool that the Bottle Beach Resort 1 built. That's incredible! :D

Did you see this constructions ? They build also the new concrete bungalows on the back of the resort. :o

Tong Nai Pan Yai has four new swimming pools either built or under construction.

Did some swimming pool salesman make a killing on the island?

Not too long ago the vice-president of BBK from Bangkok was here, on KPG and KT 2 Billion worth of credit handed out or signed and sealed... surely the "salesmen" followed his footsteps!

The fault for all these swimming pools is the first has made one. After everybody want to have one too. It's like a status symbol for the wealthy Thay resort owner.

The status symbolic is really a thing here (reminds me a lot of Italy). I like to know where they gonna take all that water if we have a longer dry period ;-)

But anyway how more often "short time tourist's" popping in here, there will be also a bigger request for it. For the long time perspective they even need pools here, when during the long period water level is very low here. "Tourist" who come to an island want to swim too, you can hear this complain any time, when low water season. The "islander and resort owners" are in this trap already now I guess :o

Yeah, I agree. Low water, better swimming pool, but, why in Haad Rin 4/5 pools on the main beach, always with enough water to swim. After the first, everybody start to build their too.

"The status symbolic is really a thing here (reminds me a lot of Italy)" :o

Yeah, I agree. Low water, better swimming pool, but, why in Haad Rin 4/5 pools on the main beach, always with enough water to swim. After the first, everybody start to build their too.

"The status symbolic is really a thing here (reminds me a lot of Italy)" :D

as i learned from a resort owner, while chatting together on a piece of land in srithanu and building a swimming pool there. When i was proposing do it under and between the threes and make kind of landscape, not just square, the lady new exactly where the pool has to be located. She said there right on the beach and then the view over the bay from the swimming pool would fit the brochure best! :o:D She looks at it with the tourist's eye at home, when dreaming of a holyday on paradiese island somewhere :D And realy when you checking catalogues you will find this view very often!

• 1 month later...
Tong Nai Pan Yai has four new swimming pools either built or under construction.

Nope but one of the big guys in the KP police has a family business selling pumps for swimming pools. Go figure.

Not too long ago the vice-president of BBK from Bangkok was here, on KPG and KT 2 Billion worth of credit handed out or signed and sealed... surely the "salesmen" followed his footsteps!

What absolute rubbish. Please get your facts straight first. I bet you can't even name the development and put a figure to it.

I can, but I won't because it's confidential information that you obviously aren't privy to.

What absolute rubbish. Please get your facts straight first. I bet you can't even name the development and put a figure to it.

I can, but I won't because it's confidential information that you obviously aren't privy to.

it's actually so simple:

1. Tourist coming for a short time now, many making bookings over the internet since a few years and those with swimming pool, are in a better position to get clients, that's all folks!

2. If the resort owners have the money and space, they will build a swimming pool, since the tourist often asking "do you have a swimming pool?"

3. Here on the west coast, where the water is often very low, people just leave the place for somewhere to find a beach to swimm (e.g. TNP).

But here they have to pay back the money also during low season, so they think, let's make a pool, so we have falan/money....of coarse it does not work that way, but can you stop them? Of coarse not! Still they will build one!

But here they have to pay back the money also during low season, so they think, let's make a pool, so we have falan/money....of coarse it does not work that way, but can you stop them? Of coarse not! Still they will build one!

"If you build it, they will come"

- Field of Dreams