Moto Gp 2008 Rossi Or Stoner?

Front Row Stoner Rossi Lorenzo,

What i think will happen is Stoner will get his usual 'flyer' off the line and Rossi wont, Valle has never been a good starter, simply because he likes to preserve the clutch and rear tyre, and the thrill of carving his way through the pack,,,, ,,,

Today, he really has to stay with Stoner at the front and pressure him, therefore making a good start, Rossi needs to win at home, its his most important race, if he cant get past i hope he settles for 2nd/3rd whatever, but not bin it trying to win.

Racing starts at 4pm thai time with the 125s on D66 UBC, Bradley Smith and Scott Redding are in the 1st 2 rows, will it be a repeat of Donnington for Redding? lets hope so!!!

Happy viewing all, Cheers Lickey..

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rossi plucks a championship there will be nothing "easy" about it. Stoner has the faster bike.

Rossi of course is the "professor".

Well Casey Stoner threw that one away, 2nd DNF in a row.

Rossi overqualified? The Doctor as well as a Professor!

TBWG :o

:o:D:D:D poor stoner must be shattered......i thought he`d be strong for this one BUT i think the preesure was too much or bike issues???

Rossi definently has this year wrapped up......good to see lorenzo come back after all his falls.....ellias.....nice work...thought pedrosa would get 3rd :D

What a shame Stoner went off again, again on a fast right-hander, it was develping into a good catch-up race after rossi got past dani boy,

So now Rossi has equalled Agostini in prem class race wins, personally, Rossi has had a lot harder racing to achieve that goal.

Seems N Hayden will be Stoners new team mate next year after Melandris move to Kawasaki, and i think they said Hopkins is up for transfer?

H.Barberas antics in the 250 should have got him black flagged!! he was going for gaps that just werent there!

Well done Bradley Smith [125s] 2nd place behind the world champ,

13 days and counting!! Indy Speedway USA, mmmm Cheers Lickey..

one tyre rule 2009 guys.....what do you think of it??

It will signal the end of true "open class Prototype" racing. In effect, its demise!

i think it should be more interesting in the sense that there will more focus and competition on riders and manufactures...right??

michelin are just not cutting it.....no even on wet.Rossi sure made a good move changing to Bridgestone.

Look at podiums since last year, on an average 70% of podium riders are on Bridgestones right?

exceptions ie Dani Pedrosa....but could you see how he would ride on a set off stones???

tell me what you think guys......cheers

Andy

:o:D:D:D poor stoner must be shattered......i thought he`d be strong for this one BUT i think the preesure was too much or bike issues???

Rossi definently has this year wrapped up......good to see lorenzo come back after all his falls.....ellias.....nice work...thought pedrosa would get 3rd :D

I would say he has bike limit issues, Ducati has a considerably Longer wheelbase(from my visual tv assesment) in racing terms than the Jap bikes, hence yesterdays initial race Rossi would gain in the twisty early lap(SWB good) And Stoner would pull it back in the flowing later lap(LWB good). His downfall literally is that when he is at the limit trying to capitalise on where he is faster(and he has to be to beat Rossi) and he puts the bike over even probably 1mm too much hitting the fairing this reduces his tyres grip for a longer period the result of the longer wheelbase, nano second but enough for him to bite the "dust", in the gracefull fashion he has in the last two GPs.

Kudos also to Thailand's Rattanapark Wilairot for 8th place in the 250cc race.

Perhaps he'll get the Team Scot ride if Yuki Takahashi goes GP but as Honda are not interested in developing 2 strokes, not publicly anyway although it must be in their blood hence Yuki's results.

Wilairot would be on a bike a further year behind the opposition he's in a bit of a fix being i think heavily backed by Honda Thailand, suppose plod on did'nt do Ant West any harm not for this season at least.

Edited by Crow Boy
repair of quote function

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like its going to be Valle this year, how can he be denied? to ride a bike in those conditions defies logic!

And not one crash, ok, a few wobbles ect, Hayden tried hard and got a 2nd, its always the same with home races, but managers and teams want consistant results, not just one offs..

Philip Island, now that is a very exciting circuit, some very special views of the riders, at one point they look like they are riding into thin air over a hill crest!

Lets hope the rain,wind and seagulls keep away on the 6th october,[remember Troy Corser in WSB, a seagull shattered his fairing and broke a bone in his hand? ]

And whoever is tailgating the leader into the last bend is the winner!! well known fact at this track..

But Motegi Japan next weekend, home of Honda, will be the decider for the title, Rossi has only to finish 4th and its his, but Motegi is a bogey circuit for him,

Enjoy the race Andy, and looking forward to your pics, Cheers Lickey.

one tyre rule 2009 guys.....what do you think of it??

It will signal the end of true "open class Prototype" racing. In effect, its demise!

i think it should be more interesting in the sense that there will more focus and competition on riders and manufactures...right??

michelin are just not cutting it.....no even on wet.Rossi sure made a good move changing to Bridgestone.

Look at podiums since last year, on an average 70% of podium riders are on Bridgestones right?

exceptions ie Dani Pedrosa....but could you see how he would ride on a set off stones???

tell me what you think guys......cheers

Andy

a 1 tyre system is good imo

i know steve martin and he was mostly on second line tyres

he would consistantly finish at the head of the 2nd tyre pack and was hoping that he could get

a top line tyre package.

to get a better result.

i think he was part of the developement of the pirelli tyre they were or are using in the wsb?/

Philip Island, now that is a very exciting circuit, some very special views of the riders, at one point they look like they are riding into thin air over a hill crest!

Lets hope the rain,wind and seagulls keep away on the 6th october,[remember Troy Corser in WSB, a seagull shattered his fairing and broke a bone in his hand? ]

And whoever is tailgating the leader into the last bend is the winner!! well known fact at this track..

But Motegi Japan next weekend, home of Honda, will be the decider for the title, Rossi has only to finish 4th and its his, but Motegi is a bogey circuit for him,

Enjoy the race Andy, and looking forward to your pics, Cheers Lickey.

Thanks Lickey,

Phillip island is very exciting i think its fav for most riders.

never knew about corser and the sea gulls incident but that is crazy!

best gp i`ve seen in phillip island would have to be rossi vs gibernau where as i can remember rossi was tailgating sete and took him on the last bend! just amazing!

MOTEGI is BOGEY for alot the riders! Crazy track *___*

I read somewhere that the control tyre issue will be discussed after Motegi, Personally i dont like this idea so much as it dont give other tyre manufacturers to develop tyres at the top level,but it could resolve issues about "seconds" like a previous poster mentioned.

Yes, WSB is still using Pirrelli control tyres.

Andy, heres a link to Troy Corser and the seagulls,

http://www.troycorser.com/news99/htm/testau2.htm It didnt break his hand but made it bloody sore,

Cheers Lickey,,

The results

1 V. ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 43'09.599

2 C. STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team + 1.943

3 D. PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team + 4.866

4 J. LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team + 6.165

5 N. HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team + 24.593

6 L. CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 25.685

7 C. EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha + 25.918

8 S. NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini + 26.003

9 A. DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP + 26.219

10 J. HOPKINS USA Kawasaki Racing Team + 37.131

The championship standings

1 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 312

2 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 220

3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team 209

4 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 169

5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP 136

6 Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha 118

7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 117

8 Nicky HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team 115

9 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 96

10 Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 95

i will put my money on PEDROSA next year...he is due for a title.....

You could be right but don't forget Lorenzo if he sees the title going to a Spaniard but not himself he'll wipe out Pedrosa at the first opportunity! so keep the money in your pocket.

i will put my money on PEDROSA next year...he is due for a title.....

You could be right but don't forget Lorenzo if he sees the title going to a Spaniard but not himself he'll wipe out Pedrosa at the first opportunity! so keep the money in your pocket.

i think jorge still needs more experience in the premier class........hes crashed more times this year then he has gotten podiums.....

great rider for sure but dont think next year will be his......

ANdy~