Tourist Visa Visa-run Advice - Ranong For Another 30 Days Or Penang For 60/90 Days?

Hi everyone,

Multi-part question:

Some background: I entered Thailand in May on a 60-day visa (of which I only used 30 days before going to Laos and Vietnam - DRAT!). Does having this visa in my passport affect my future chances of securing another visa, whether it be 30-, 60- or 90-days in length?

I re-entered Thailand in July and got my first 30-day Tourist Visa which expires on August 7th. Here's my question, Should I...

A. do a two-day visa-run to Penang to get a 60-day Tourist Visa? Further, can I get the extra 30-day extention on this type of visa in Penang to take me into November?

OR

B. do a one-day visa-run to Ranong to get a second 30-day visa [if I stick with the 30-day Tourist Visa route I'll plan on making a second visa run in September for my third (and final) 30-day visa which will take me into the beginning of October.]

I'm also wondering if it's risky to do the visa run on the actual date that it expires (August 7th) rather than doing it one day sooner... I'd like to have my visas work for me as long as possible. Any opinions on that?

Thanks for the help!

Jennifer

Edited by beaner

You entered on a tourist visa the first time and already have one has no effect on getting another visa.

If you do A. you get a 60 day tourist visa, this you can extend in Thailand for another 30 days for 1900 bath at any immigration office.

Edited by Mario2008

It is always risky on last day as you could have an accident or for other reason be late and not make it. I would always advise getting a visa and keeping 30 day stamp in reserve for long term stayers. You get the extra 30 days of a tourist visa at an Immigration office inside Thailand.