Spurs Get There Best Result Of The Season

galowgala

He wont be missed at the Lane...at all Robbie scores some wonderful goals year in year out which is probably why pundits and armchair fans sing his praises - but as a long term Spurs season ticket holder I can rightfully say he has so many shortcomings. His average for us has been 13 a season - including pens - which he often misses. He cant head the ball, and usually doesnt bother. Does this embarrassing little jaunt behind the defender He often panders about in the midfield, or out on the wing. Is hopeless at one-on-ones, Slows the game down, to his pace. Can be hopeless especially away from home. And would have spent much of this season being substituted at 70 mins if he started at all. Its quite sad that he became Mr Tottenham over the last 6 years. Thats how just above average we have become. And thats what Robbie Keane is. A consistently just above average player. £20 million for him at 28 is ludicrous. This money will be well spent, and we see the back of a player that makes us play a certain way. Just above average. Please all Spurs fans look to the future. If Ramos gets us playing as his Seville side did theres no room for a Robbie Keane in it. Would the Arse or Utd be interested in Keane? Not for half of the fee...not at all in fact.

He wont be missed at the Lane...at all Robbie Keane scores some wonderful goals year in year out which is probably why pundits and armchair fans sing his praises - but as a long term Spurs season ticket holder I can rightfully say he has so many shortcomings. His average for us has been 13 a season - including pens - which he often misses. He cant head the ball, and usually doesnt bother. Does this embarrassing little jaunt behind the defender He often panders about in the midfield, or out on the wing. Is hopeless at one-on-ones, Slows the game down, to his pace. Can be hopeless especially away from home. And would have spent much of this season being substituted at 70 mins if he started at all. Its quite sad that he became Mr Tottenham over the last 6 years. Thats how just above average we have become. And thats what Robbie Keane is. A consistently just above average player. £20 million for him at 28 is ludicrous. This money will be well spent, and we see the back of a player that makes us play a certain way. Just above average. Please all Spurs fans look to the future. If Ramos gets us playing as his Seville side did theres no room for a Robbie Keane in it. Would the Arse or Utd be interested in Keane? Not for half of the fee...not at all in fact.

I'm a Gooner and am am not happy he went because I have a bet on at work with a Pool fan. he can be good, but hasn't been great. However, with Stevie G and Torres, playing for his falourite team, he might be great. Let's hope not, eh?

Has anyone noticed that he hardly ever blinks?

He wont be missed at the Lane...at all Robbie Keane scores some wonderful goals year in year out which is probably why pundits and armchair fans sing his praises - but as a long term Spurs season ticket holder I can rightfully say he has so many shortcomings. His average for us has been 13 a season - including pens - which he often misses. He cant head the ball, and usually doesnt bother. Does this embarrassing little jaunt behind the defender He often panders about in the midfield, or out on the wing. Is hopeless at one-on-ones, Slows the game down, to his pace. Can be hopeless especially away from home. And would have spent much of this season being substituted at 70 mins if he started at all. Its quite sad that he became Mr Tottenham over the last 6 years. Thats how just above average we have become. And thats what Robbie Keane is. A consistently just above average player. £20 million for him at 28 is ludicrous. This money will be well spent, and we see the back of a player that makes us play a certain way. Just above average. Please all Spurs fans look to the future. If Ramos gets us playing as his Seville side did theres no room for a Robbie Keane in it. Would the Arse or Utd be interested in Keane? Not for half of the fee...not at all in fact.

What a load of crap.

Well seeing as the Liverpool Fans on here skirted around this post i made, maybe it could be discussed here..

It's <deleted> outrageous..;thumbsdown from me..

====

Can i just add that the lovely Liverpool, in an attempt to cover up the blatant Benitez tapping up & unsettling of this Player, made an undisclosed donation to T*ttenham's favourite Charity, how nice of them..;thumbsdown

Quoted from BBC..

======

Tottenham have also agreed to drop their official complaint to the Premier League after Liverpool apologised for their conduct in pursuing the Irishman.

Relations between the clubs became strained after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy accused the Reds of breaking Premier League rules in making their interest in Keane known despite being told by the Londoners he was not for sale.

However, a statement on the Spurs website read: "Liverpool FC have acknowledged that the way its website reported comments of its manager, which were widely covered by the media, was inappropriate.

"In light of that acknowledgement (they) have apologised and agreed to make a donation to our Club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

"Tottenham Hotspur has therefore agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League."

=======

I'm certainly no T*ttenham Fan by any stretch but how Liverpool & Man Ure get away with this sort of thing infuriates me, still for Levy & T*ttenham, what goes around come around, just ask Martin Jol..:o

It's one thing admitting the tapping up as L*verpool have, but for T*ttenham to then drop the complaint as L*verpool have because they " apologised " by contributing to T*ttenham's favourite Charity is an absolute joke & acts as a Go Ahead Sign for the big Clubs to do this to the little Clubs, like T*ttenham ( :D ) all the time & THAT'S what is wrong here..

f***ing T*ttenham, only time i have a tiny bit of compassion for them & they cave in..

Still, as i said before, what goes around comes around, just ask Martin Jol..

:o

oh dear.

"Keane finished the 2007-08 season equal top scorer for Spurs with Berbatov, with 23 goals in all competitions. His 15 Premiership goals making him the first Spurs player to score double figures in the Premier League in 6 consecutive seasons."

and thats playing at a seller club like spurs, 30 for keane this year me thinks!

some right beauts on this forum :D

Edited by kopite

It must be painful when you realize your lot are just a feeder team for the big clubs.

The price is irrelevant really. Local players go for ridiculous prices anyway. Rafa is really looking to make a much bigger challenge for the Premier title this season. I think he's realized he needs established Premier league players with proven records. Keane fits the bill and, potentially, looks just the right kind of player to play alongside Torres. So, if you want him, you have to pay the money.

Big 4 Fans in complete disregard for other Teams in the League & how the once beautiful Game is being corrupted by their Clubs shock horror !!!! :o

See above 2 posts..:D

Edited by MSingh

Big 4 Fans in complete disregard for other Teams in the League & how the once beautiful Game is being corrupted by their Clubs shock horror !!!! :o

See above 2 posts.. :D

Not really. It's just banter with a fan who's unhappy about losing a good player to a team he'd like to think are rivals. He had a little go with his title etc. and a couple of Liverpool fans respond in kind. A bit of banter and you start crying corruption!

You're not very close to the mark if you think most 'Big 4' fans are happy with the way the game is today. I can understand Spurs view, and even Looney O'Neill's rantings, (of course I'm sure Spurs and Villa would never ever tap up a player, oh no!! Or use the system to rip off smaller clubs for their best players). Very few Liverpool fans that I know are happy with the state of football today, and I think most would quite happily go for any way of making a more level playing field (and a European Cup for champions only). It's not going to happen though, is it?

oh i see, its our fault now the game has gone the way it has then, hence why liverpool and united fans are so happy with the current situation that united and us have started seperate clubs and liverpools support has started the first ever fans union (officially and legally a proper union by the way).

if anything libpool and united fans are the first in the the league to take this course of action, and hopefully others will follow. one day, i hope we can go back to the way the footie was when we were all growing up (minus the trouble).

but for that to happen it will take the smaller clubs to stand up and be accounted for. the hope is that once OUR union becomes successfull other clubs fans will follow suit, with the aim of every club having a fans representive on the board. thats the key, thats the aim.

blame libpool, blame united all you want but the truth of the matter is that Sky, the FA and Joshua from Sussex ruined the game we love. its the tv stations that beam our games live all over the world, therefore creating more money for the top clubs. the "big 4" only turned that into their advantage and why shouldnt we. the footie is now a business.

you want your game back? then fight for it!

others are and will continue to do so. why bitch about it on the internet unless your willing to do something about it?

its your game, it always was and always will be. do something about it!

oh i see, its our fault now the game has gone the way it has then, hence why liverpool and united fans are so happy with the current situation that united and us have started seperate clubs and liverpools support has started the first ever fans union (officially and legally a proper union by the way).

if anything libpool and united fans are the first in the the league to take this course of action, and hopefully others will follow. one day, i hope we can go back to the way the footie was when we were all growing up (minus the trouble).

but for that to happen it will take the smaller clubs to stand up and be accounted for. the hope is that once OUR union becomes successfull other clubs fans will follow suit, with the aim of every club having a fans representive on the board. thats the key, thats the aim.

blame libpool, blame united all you want but the truth of the matter is that Sky, the FA and Joshua from Sussex ruined the game we love. its the tv stations that beam our games live all over the world, therefore creating more money for the top clubs. the "big 4" only turned that into their advantage and why shouldnt we. the footie is now a business.

you want your game back? then fight for it!

others are and will continue to do so. why bitch about it on the internet unless your willing to do something about it?

its your game, it always was and always will be. do something about it!

I'm hardly juts b*tching about it on teh Internet, Jesus i'm currently on the back end of a near 3 week Holiday following my Club accross the US having travelled xxx amount of miles from Thailand in doing so..

Hardly not doing anytrhing to support my Club but fight for the Game back, how on earth do you suggest people, or me specifically, can do that after all the other completely valid points you make above IE Sky etc & the other problems within the Game ??

The Game's gone, i'm pulling people's chains with regards to top 4 Clubs Fans, i know plenty of Man Ure, Mancunian Man Ure i mean, Old School Chelsea & a few Red Scousers who don't like & i"d even go as far as saying hat the way that Football & their Clubs have gone for the reasons you completely hit the nail on the head with..

But it is what it is unfortunately & there is no way on the World it's gonna change, the Game, the beautiful Game as we used to know it, has now gone, it's purely Business ALL thw way through from T*ttenham useing their Prem DStatus to virtually rob Crystal Palce of that Kid recently where the Tribunal set a ridiculous fee for him promtpting Simon Jordan to threaten to uyit Football because of it, down to the Whore Playeras in it like David Bentley ( honestly not digging T*ttenham out specifically here ) who came out with teh complete drivel cnuting Arsenal off & saying how he'd always had T*ttenham in his heart etc etc..

Honestly & i feel strongly about this, i'm not taking the p*ss at all & would love to hear how people, people who believe in what we're talking about here, would give legitimate & potentially acheivable ideas of how the Game could be back in the hands of the Fans because as i write, it's a million miles away & Gents another horrible thing, these Yanks are starting to take a liking to it aswell from what i've seen over the past couple of weeks & if we think we're alienated now, when they're involved we'll be even further away..

I'm hardly juts b*tching about it on teh Internet, Jesus i'm currently on the back end of a near 3 week Holiday following my Club accross the US having travelled xxx amount of miles from Thailand in doing so..

Hardly not doing anytrhing to support my Club but fight for the Game back, how on earth do you suggest people, or me specifically, can do that after all the other completely valid points you make above IE Sky etc & the other problems within the Game ??

The Game's gone, i'm pulling people's chains with regards to top 4 Clubs Fans, i know plenty of Man Ure, Mancunian Man Ure i mean, Old School Chelsea & a few Red Scousers who don't like & i"d even go as far as saying hat the way that Football & their Clubs have gone for the reasons you completely hit the nail on the head with..

But it is what it is unfortunately & there is no way on the World it's gonna change, the Game, the beautiful Game as we used to know it, has now gone, it's purely Business ALL thw way through from T*ttenham useing their Prem DStatus to virtually rob Crystal Palce of that Kid recently where the Tribunal set a ridiculous fee for him promtpting Simon Jordan to threaten to uyit Football because of it, down to the Whore Playeras in it like David Bentley ( honestly not digging T*ttenham out specifically here ) who came out with teh complete drivel cnuting Arsenal off & saying how he'd always had T*ttenham in his heart etc etc..

Honestly & i feel strongly about this, i'm not taking the p*ss at all & would love to hear how people, people who believe in what we're talking about here, would give legitimate & potentially acheivable ideas of how the Game could be back in the hands of the Fans because as i write, it's a million miles away & Gents another horrible thing, these Yanks are starting to take a liking to it aswell from what i've seen over the past couple of weeks & if we think we're alienated now, when they're involved we'll be even further away..

cf. your last paragraph there mate, it is gone and can and will never be the same again. what was not that long ago a working class sport and pastime is now a pretty soulless global business. no going back.

I sadly have to agree Steve..

I've got some Friends back in London now who didn't renew at West Ham this Year but insread bought Season Tickets & Schalke..I think the cost between 150 & 200 quid compared with the 875 West Ham wanted this Year..

They will miss some Games for asure but for value for money, they're over the moon with it because they will see a Game/League that HASN'T, yet, sold itself out..

There are others i've heard of that ahev given up their Season Tickets, some due to the cost, others due to what we're talkin g baout,, & will go over Orient next year to get their Football fix..

Pretty sad really that Fans have to result to this & sad also that these Guys, every day genuine Guys, Families, Mortgage, average Job, are priced out of Football & the Club they love...

Gone miles off topic here, sorry Chaps, but i'm sure you can understand, we were all just trying to make sense ( for one of the first times :o ) of what started off with Keane & went in another sort of diretion for a little bit..

The same thing has happened in the main American sports. Ticket prices have gone sky high the last 10 or 15 years. I always wonder, if each player could just handle having less money, instead of $20 million a year, perhaps $18 a year and so forth and then they could lower ticket prices. Also, with all the money sports teams get from television deals, why do they have to keep pricing the average fan out of the stadium? It is very annoying. I don't suggest going back to 5 cents to get into baseball games but still. I can see why they don't, though. I think some are probably paying for it when they can't (or shouldn't) afford it anymore. For example, Man U has the biggest stadium, right? They have extremely high ticket prices now, right? Well, if you watch their matches their stadium always seems full. So people must be paying. I think I read who had the highest ticket prices in the league a few months ago but forgot. I believe it was either Man U or a London team.

The same thing has happened in the main American sports. Ticket prices have gone sky high the last 10 or 15 years. I always wonder, if each player could just handle having less money, instead of $20 million a year, perhaps $18 a year and so forth and then they could lower ticket prices. Also, with all the money sports teams get from television deals, why do they have to keep pricing the average fan out of the stadium? It is very annoying. I don't suggest going back to 5 cents to get into baseball games but still. I can see why they don't, though. I think some are probably paying for it when they can't (or shouldn't) afford it anymore. For example, Man U has the biggest stadium, right? They have extremely high ticket prices now, right? Well, if you watch their matches their stadium always seems full. So people must be paying. I think I read who had the highest ticket prices in the league a few months ago but forgot. I believe it was either Man U or a London team.

I think Man Ure are pretty reasonably priced & are not even in the top half, at least maybe until just before the Glazers turned up , not actually too sure now but even if they were the dearest, surely that'd be justifiable anyway ??

Us ?? Another Season of Curbishley Football, 5m spent on transfers in the Summer, 13 Players still out injured, first team Players i mean yet the average ST is 700 quid give or take 20 quid !!!!!

You saay about US Sports, when we was driving through Detroit recently, they were advertising Lions ( NFL ) ST's for $200 USD & there are 20,000 of them at that price, straight up..

We couldn't believe how cheap that was..

Also when we was in Toronto we enquired to see the Blue Jays & the Tickets started at $10/$12 USD & went up to dearest around $60 USD so that's not bad at all either..

Edited by MSingh

The Sevilla president, José María del Nido, has accused the Tottenham Hotspur hierarchy of being "hypocrisy personified" over their complaints against Liverpool and Manchester United for what the London club perceive to have been a public and illegal courting of Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

Spurs submitted a complaint to the Premier League with their chairman, Daniel Levy, claiming that the behaviour of both clubs had been "disgraceful" in their pursuit of the players.

But Del Nido was outraged to learn of Tottenham's sense of grievance as Sevilla are still smarting after losing their manager, Juande Ramos, to Spurs in controversial circumstances last autumn. "I think it is hypocrisy personified that Spurs are complaining about things they themselves have done," said Del Nido."They took away our manager. I think Tottenham's style is demonstrated by the way they contracted Juande Ramos." .....

The Guardian

http

://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/au....premierleague

The Sevilla president, José María del Nido, has accused the Tottenham Hotspur hierarchy of being "hypocrisy personified" over their complaints against Liverpool and Manchester United for what the London club perceive to have been a public and illegal courting of Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

Spurs submitted a complaint to the Premier League with their chairman, Daniel Levy, claiming that the behaviour of both clubs had been "disgraceful" in their pursuit of the players.

But Del Nido was outraged to learn of Tottenham's sense of grievance as Sevilla are still smarting after losing their manager, Juande Ramos, to Spurs in controversial circumstances last autumn. "I think it is hypocrisy personified that Spurs are complaining about things they themselves have done," said Del Nido."They took away our manager. I think Tottenham's style is demonstrated by the way they contracted Juande Ramos." .....

The Guardian

http

The Hypocrisy of modern day Football is awful...

The Guardian

http

oh i see then so that makes it acceptable for mr ferguson to do what he wants when he wants just about every season, for instance the time they elbowed the fa cup to play in a world champs league on the other side of the world, they should have been told you choose to miss the fa cup and ur banned for life but as usual the FA didnt have khai to do that

am pretty sure that it's chelsea, jimjim. i went to see liverpool away there last season and it was 52GBP for the ticket, before you've spent on food and beer etc. chelsea often don't sell out their league matches because they're too expensive, yet in the less glamourous league cup competition, when they lowered ticket prices for both home and away fans to 20GBP, they sold out. stupid, stupid model.

The Guardian

http

oh i see then so that makes it acceptable for mr ferguson to do what he wants when he wants just about every season, for instance the time they elbowed the fa cup to play in a world champs league on the other side of the world, they should have been told you choose to miss the fa cup and ur banned for life but as usual the FA didnt have khai to do that

The withdrawal of Man Utd from the FA cup in 1999-2000 was not the clubs wishes. There were leaned on heavily by the government and the FA to play in that competition as it was felt by them that this would enhance the World Cup bid. I very much dounbt that Ferguson had any choice in it. Nice to see that some people still wheel out this one to bash United, even though most football fans probably are now aware of the political reasons. :o

I think Man Ure are pretty reasonably priced & are not even in the top half, at least maybe until just before the Glazers turned up , not actually too sure now but even if they were the dearest, surely that'd be justifiable anyway ??

Us ?? Another Season of Curbishley Football, 5m spent on transfers in the Summer, 13 Players still out injured, first team Players i mean yet the average ST is 700 quid give or take 20 quid !!!!!

You saay about US Sports, when we was driving through Detroit recently, they were advertising Lions ( NFL ) ST's for $200 USD & there are 20,000 of them at that price, straight up..

We couldn't believe how cheap that was..

Also when we was in Toronto we enquired to see the Blue Jays & the Tickets started at $10/$12 USD & went up to dearest around $60 USD so that's not bad at all either..

Baseball isn't as bad because they have about 80 home games a season so they can afford to be less. But $60 for the highest price sounds quite low. I do believe that Toronto has a good reputation for ticket prices, though. So I wouldn't knock baseball too much. But even in this sport ticket prices have gone up way past normal inflation. The cheapest seats are bleacher seats and I used to get them for the Mariners at $6. Don't know if it's more or less.

As for the Lions they've sucked so bad for so long so I can see that. :o But seriously, there are only eight home games a season so you can't compare it to the Premier League. Also, all those tickets for $200/season will be in the upper deck and they often come with conditions if they're at a low price (like a season package that includes 6 games instead of 8) And also, Detroit has had a suffering, horrible economy for a while now. Their population has gone way down so I would guess demand for the Lions is less than before coupled with their performance. Go to a place like Seattle where the Seahawks are massively popular right now and you won't get those kind of deals. Not a chance. I paid $30/ticket 12 years ago for an American football game and they were end zone seats in the upper deck. About the worst view you can get. Probably be double or more than that now. And basketball? Don't get me started. Very expensive in most cities for NBA. I paid over $100 for a pretty good view but it was 5 years ago. Still, I was 20 rows up or so and not right at the center, more about even with the side of one basket. About $50 for a side view way up, so it's all much more expensive than it used to be.

As for Man U, not saying where they are on the scale but it's just a sign of the times when a lot of their fans cried foul and started their own little club due to the Glazer takeover. I believe one of the main grievances was higher ticket prices. I think ticket prices will be higher in general in UK compared to U.S. because of higher cost of living, but anyway, it's happening all over the world.

Want to see a football game cheap? Go to one in Thailand!