Where To Go To Get Non Immig B Visa

A friend of mine who is not a member of this forum is currently in Thailand on a double entry tourist visa she obtained in Laos. She is currently part way through her second 60-day stay. She has been offered a job in Thailand and needs to leave to collect a Non Immigrant B visa.

She's been told that the only two places she can collect this are Sri Lanka or Singapore.

Has anyone had any experience and doing a similar visa category stay and have any information on Thai consulates or embassies in the region that will issue a Non Immigrant B visa?

Will she be able to obtain a single entry or multiple entry at the time or will it be a 90-day single entry?

Prior to the tourist visa she held a 90-day Non Immigrant B but things didn't work out with that employer and she never held a work permit.

Thanks

Can go to any embassy/consulate but need the following paperwork:

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

If its a legit job with a legit company she can just do a border run, get a 30 day visa exemption and then convert to a Non B.

Cheers

Thanks for the information. It is a legit job with a legit company. I presume she cannot convert her exisiting tourist visa into a non-immigrant B without leaving the country?

My understanding is that her first non-immigrant B will be a single entry until the paperwork for her work permit is completed. Can someone clarify that please?

Thanks again

If its a legit job with a legit company she can just do a border run, get a 30 day visa exemption and then convert to a Non B.

Cheers

Thanks for the information. It is a legit job with a legit company. I presume she cannot convert her exisiting tourist visa into a non-immigrant B without leaving the country?

My understanding is that her first non-immigrant B will be a single entry until the paperwork for her work permit is completed. Can someone clarify that please?

Thanks again

As mentioned above she needs to go to a embassy/consulate with WP3 (receipt for applying for workpermit)

KL, Penang or vietienne would be the best choices.

If her company fulfill the requirements above she can apply for extension of stay when she gets her WP.

If her company not fulfill all of the requirements above she can go to embassy/consulate with paperwork and WP and get a multiple non-B one year.

Cheers

Thanks again

There is a time limit on how long you have been in country to convert a visa.

I think its a week but not sure.

If its converted she will get three months stay and she can chose if she needs single or multi re entry permits if required.

After the work permit has been issued immigration will extend her visa again for one month while the one year extension is under consideration.

After on month they will extend for 11 months if all the paperwork is correct.

We have just gone through this for one of our employees , it was quite straight forward.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks again

If its converted she will get three months stay and she can chose if she needs single or multi re entry permits if required.

After the work permit has been issued immigration will extend her visa again for one month while the one year extension is under consideration.

We have just gone through this for one of our employees , it was quite straight forward.

Cheers

You can convert a visa, if you apply more than 21 days before the 'Permitted to Stay' date on your passport entry stamp.

Cheers

Thanks again

Cheers

You can convert a visa, if you apply more than 21 days before the 'Permitted to Stay' date on your passport entry stamp.

Thanks very much for all the information. She'll be delighted she doesn't need to leave. The job is in Chiang Mai and I recall reading here in the past that Chiang Mai require a minimum Bt50,000/mth income for foreigners to issue the WP. Is that correct?

Cheers

Thanks again

Cheers

Thanks very much for all the information. She'll be delighted she doesn't need to leave. The job is in Chiang Mai and I recall reading here in the past that Chiang Mai require a minimum Bt50,000/mth income for foreigners to issue the WP. Is that correct?

Depending on where she comes from I think B50,000 will be correct.

She will have to leave the country , but a land border is fine , she won't have to fly , overnight or apply for a new visa.

Cheers