Justice Of The Peace/ Notary Public In Chiang Mai

FarangCravings

Is there one or the equivalent of it as I need to get some documents notorized

thanks

Seems the consulate is the place to go via the search forum since I need to notorize some house sale documents can I use the American embassy if I am a Brit ?? reason is its a sale of my property in the US might be cheaper than the brit embassy also

Edited by FarangCravings

The American Consulate can do lots of stuff like that for a price. It was 2,000 Bt when I last did it a few years ago.

There is a shop down the street from there on the same side of the road that can do notarized and certified documents (esp with thai/eng translation). It is cheaper to do it there than the YMCA.

The American Consulate can do lots of stuff like that for a price. It was 2,000 Bt when I last did it a few years ago.

There is a shop down the street from there on the same side of the road that can do notarized and certified documents (esp with thai/eng translation). It is cheaper to do it there than the YMCA.

I've researched Notaries in CM very recently for some fellow expats.

Don't know about JPs but have found a good, easily accessible Notary, a lady whose office is towards the back of the 3rd floor of Hillside 4 on Huay Kaew. Excellent English.

Not all Thai lawyers are Notaries and Notaries can ONLY handle documents which you, the foreigner, needs for use OUTSIDE Thailand. They have no power to Notarise anything you need here!

This means consulting your Consulate or Embassy in Bangkok if you have no Consulate here. And usually digging fairly deep into the pocket.