Has Anyone Noticed The Big Increase In 25-35 Male Farang?

NoSpeakIt

when i came to thailand about 5 years ago it was very unusual to meet young guys living here. now when i go out, i swear there are more guys in their early 30's than there are in their 50's. have they stolen all the english teaching jobs from the older farang?

no i havent noticed.

lots of younger folks, 20's and 30's working in professional capacitys other than teaching though mate.

did you spell capacities wrong on purpose to convince me that you're not an English teacher? most of these guys look rough and I don't think professional is the word Id use, atleast in regards to how they handle themselves and who they choose as company.

when i came to thailand about 5 years ago it was very unusual to meet young guys living here. now when i go out, i swear there are more guys in their early 30's than there are in their 50's. have they stolen all the english teaching jobs from the older farang?

This sounds gay. I forgot to look at what the forum was.

1. farang are not respected in thailand

2. they are not respected because of the way the majority behave

thus i am complaining about the way they behave.

these guys are young even, and you would think they would have some self respect, but they do not.

Well someone has to take your place, so yes we "thirty somethings" are the new generation of expats. Make some room please? :o

well obviously if you are the guy sticking your tongue down the mouth of a dark skinned Thai girl wearing a see through blouse and low cut jeans in the middle of central world yuo dont care what other people think about you...

i agree that worrying what others think about you is not good, however i still think people should not make complete idiots out of themselves in public. it just gets old after awhile.

i think you are 100% wrong that its impossible for Thais to respect farang. there are many that ARE respected but as long as the majority act like <deleted> on a regular basis, you are by default a <deleted> until proven otherwise.

When I was teenager, young people in Europe travelled across Europe on an interail ticket for one month. Now they travel the entire world.

I would think you would see the older staying permanent, while the youngsters are staying short time. So the youngsters you see today might not be the same as them you see in two weeks.

:o

well obviously if you are the guy sticking your tongue down the mouth of a dark skinned Thai girl wearing a see through blouse and low cut jeans in the middle of central world yuo dont care what other people think about you...

i agree that worrying what others think about you is not good, however i still think people should not make complete idiots out of themselves in public. it just gets old after awhile.

i think you are 100% wrong that its impossible for Thais to respect farang. there are many that ARE respected but as long as the majority act like <deleted> on a regular basis, you are by default a <deleted> until proven otherwise.

Dont worry about other people, worry about yourself mate. There will always be people out there that will tarnish the reputations of farang, unfortunatly thousands of them in thailand, but why worry you cant do anything about it.

Listen to the monkey when he speaks.

I can see where you're coming from but the guys like you are referring don't generally live here.. they are probably on holiday or something. It doesn't take long to realise that other people (Thai people) take offence to certain things that people do if you've got half a mind, most people that end up staying here longer term have a bit of respect for Thailands society.

I'd never stand in the middle of somewhere like central world yuo (Although I don't know the place, I'm imagining it as some sort of shopping plaza) equivalent in the UK sucking the tongue from a girls throat, but definately not here. Even the prostitutes have a general bit of decorum when it comes to stuff like that so this one must have been a real degenerate to allow him to do that so perhaps they were soulmates? :o

Anyway, these A-Holes come in all ages.

I did see though, a couple of young chavs, and they WERE chavs, in Bangla Road, Phuket... (England shirts, tracksuit trousers and white trainers lol) They were wasted and dancing on that ladyboy stage on the end of soi crocodile... Everything I come to Thailand to avoid was well and truly alive in Phuket... In the heart of it's red light district... right, nuff said... haha

I can see where you're coming from but the guys like you are referring don't generally live here.. they are probably on holiday or something. It doesn't take long to realise that other people (Thai people) take offence to certain things that people do if you've got half a mind, most people that end up staying here longer term have a bit of respect for Thailands society.

I'd never stand in the middle of somewhere like central world yuo (Although I don't know the place, I'm imagining it as some sort of shopping plaza) equivalent in the UK sucking the tongue from a girls throat, but definately not here. Even the prostitutes have a general bit of decorum when it comes to stuff like that so this one must have been a real degenerate to allow him to do that so perhaps they were soulmates? :o

Anyway, these A-Holes come in all ages.

I did see though, a couple of young chavs, and they WERE chavs, in Bangla Road, Phuket... (England shirts, tracksuit trousers and white trainers lol) They were wasted and dancing on that ladyboy stage on the end of soi crocodile... Everything I come to Thailand to avoid was well and truly alive in Phuket... In the heart of it's red light district... right, nuff said... haha

Sounds a bit like what i imagine pattaya to be like, terrible place, stay away from the tourist places and you will be ok!

I haven't been to Pattaya since I was 19 and I was only there for 2 days, didn't like it that much really... Walking down the street and a girl running out of what I thought was a shop and grabbing my crotch and saying... "You want drink? boom boom?"

"No thanks, it's only 1400..." (I mean the time, not the price)

I'm in Trang now though, it's nice down here and pretty quiet on the farang front... Not that I've anything against seeing other farang, if you see another around here there's no acknowledgement, just look away from each other and maybe thinking, "Not another one...!" I'd quite like someone to talk to round here, anyone in Trang fancy a beer?! :o

Getting constantly eyeballed, stared at and looked up and down wears a bit thin after a while though, this may be a Thai version of banjo country for all I know?!

At least in places like Bangkok (certain districts), Phuket and Pattaya the people that work there know what to expect so they can sit and judge for hours on end but like is said very often, these areas aren't really Thailand anymore.

Edited by ShugInternational

I know a couple dozen of male farang in their 20s or early 30s, and none of them would do something like that. In fact I imagine that you made that scenario up in your head based upon your own prejudices. Most of the young farang males I know are dating girls with good jobs, or students at a university. Aside from the ones that are going to RCA or Ratchada every night and picking up a different chick every time.

Ahh well snogging in a public place such as a shopping place is pretty rude. However I find it amusing more than anything else - if someone wants to entertain us with twatish behaviour then look at it as a bonus. However as I said doesnt affect me one way or the other. :o

I realy wouldn't know, i dont go out to 'meet young guys'

Still,each to their own i suppose.