Tourist Visa

A friend of mine currently has a 30 day extension on his Non O which has expired. He wants to stay a little longer if possible and was wondering if he could apply for a tourist visa, and if so would this be his best option for temporary stay. He is going back to the UK soon so he can apply for another Non O there.

If he applies for the tourist visa is this done at the Immigration office in Bangkok or at a border. He normally goes to Cambodia when a visa run is required.

Thanks

A friend of mine currently has a 30 day extension on his Non O which has expired. He wants to stay a little longer if possible and was wondering if he could apply for a tourist visa, and if so would this be his best option for temporary stay. He is going back to the UK soon so he can apply for another Non O there.

If he applies for the tourist visa is this done at the Immigration office in Bangkok or at a border. He normally goes to Cambodia when a visa run is required.

Thanks

well, i have not had a "non o" so im only guessing on this, but i would assume he would be able to do 3x 30 day border runs "visa excempt???

not sure, but cant see why not, when i get a tourist visa, then i extend, then i do 3 x 30 border runs, but not had a non o, sorry,

chris

Thanks

Not sure what he he has now as you cannot get a 30 day extension on a Non O Visa.

Anyway he can do a border run and get a 30 day exempt OR go to a Thai Embassy/Consulate in a neighboring country and get a Tourist Visa.

Thanks

Not sure what he he has now as you cannot get a 30 day extension on a Non O Visa.

Anyway he can do a border run and get a 30 day exempt OR go to a Thai Embassy/Consulate in a neighboring country and get a Tourist Visa.

I knew someone would mention that. I can confirm that he has a 30 day extention as i went to Cambodia with him. The officer at the desk noticed his Non O visa had expired, but his stamp hadn't, she gave him a 30 day stamp. Regardless of that my question was about obtaining a tourist visa.

Edited by CCCP

Thanks

I knew someone would mention that. I can confirm that he has a 30 day extention as i went to Cambodia with him. The officer at the desk noticed his Non O visa had expired, but his stamp hadn't, she gave him a 30 day stamp. Regardless of that my question was about obtaining a tourist visa.

Extensions can only be issued by Immigration Officers in Thailand. Not at border points.

What he has is a 30 days Visa Exempt stamp. Which means he has already used up 30 days out of his 90 days quota.

Thanks

Regardless of that my question was about obtaining a tourist visa.

a Tourist visa is issued at a consulete, outside of thailand, and ya nearest one most people use is laos, theres a thread on here thats got lots of current upto date info from many on here!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

chris