Very Bad Service From Air Crap Asia

HDRIDER

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry. But after being back in LOS for a month and flew with AA a few times. I wont fly with them again. Nok Air are much better. IMHO. Shit service and rude check in staff. The wife said the same. Infact she nearly lost it with them . I was the one who calmed her down.

I'll agree with you on that, had a similar experience with them earlier in the year. Wont fly with them again. Nok as you say are much better. Thre are other airlines in the region that you can use, that are not much more expensive, once you factor in all of the charges that AA put on.

Love Air Asia - great staff and always very polite. :o Continue to use them when needed - after all in most cases only on a flight for an hr, who wants to pay a silly price for such a short flight. BTW FA(s) look rather cute in red uniforms. :D

I agree on all counts.

Although I wonder what the KL to London flights will be like as a tad longer than 1 hour!!

I just returned from a trip to KL with Airasia. The aircraft was a new Airbus A320 and I am very happy with everything. I have used Airasia many times with only a few complains from their first year of operation. I like their concept and their growth seems to verify it works well.

I flew with them ret BKK-HKT last month and found them fine.

My only concerns were that the wing surface looked worse for wear (stuff fluttering in the air current for example) and that there is no actual exit row, just a missing seat on each side.

Additionally, they seem to block the front row of seats meaning that express boarding is a bit pointless unless you really need one of the 2 seats with legroom over the wings.

When I posted this on airlinequality.com, it was there briefly, then removed. As was my mostly glowing review of Thai airlines criticising them for making us close the blinds!

to make matters worse and add crap to crap, my UOB visa card is not verified by visa. This means, I cannot book the flights online but have to do that through a shop or their call center. NB, most of AA's specials are available only for online purchase.

...doomed...

hey tod, sometimes if you are lucky you get a real gate. I have had real gates at suvarnabhumi on a flight from KUL to BKK, and recently a real gate on a BKK-CNX sector. very nice :o The main problem with Suvarnabhumi is they have no 'Low Cost' terminal. So the Air Asia flights park a fair way off on a remote stand, that is not within walking distance of the terminal.

i agree that a domestic to intl connection on air asia could cause an issue, but if you give yourself a good 4 hour connection you will be ok 99.9% of the time. At least they operate into Suvarnabhumi, try a Nok Air to international connection in bangkok, erm, can't do it without a long taxi ride

Usually AirAsia they go to a gate when possible. However these are the expect.

1. First flight out in the morning (6 to 8 am) as they don't park at the gate overnight

2. Last flight in at night (after 10 pm) as they don't park at the gate overnight

3. Switch between international & domestic (& vise versa) Eg. International flight arrived in the domestic side, because the next take off is for domestic destination; international passenger will not go into the domestic side of the terminal, but bused to the international side of the airport.

Express bording not necessay. Just don't be the last few to board the plane, and you will be OK.

Baggage is the cheapest amount the low cost airlines. Just take a look at Tiger web if you don't believe me.

I flew with them ret BKK-HKT last month and found them fine.

My only concerns were that the wing surface looked worse for wear (stuff fluttering in the air current for example) and that there is no actual exit row, just a missing seat on each side.

Additionally, they seem to block the front row of seats meaning that express boarding is a bit pointless unless you really need one of the 2 seats with legroom over the wings.

When I posted this on airlinequality.com, it was there briefly, then removed. As was my mostly glowing review of Thai airlines criticising them for making us close the blinds!

you were flying on an older Boeing 737-300. These aircraft are about 20 years old and definitely look it... and the wing surface will look dirty and worn after that long. However there is nothing wrong with them. These aircraft are being phased out currently and being replaced by Airbus A320's... Malaysia Air Asia have already completed this process. The 737's will all be gone very soon.

As for the exit row, this is an option instead of increasing leg room in the exit row, they remove one seat at the exit to give more room to get out in emergency. Nothing unusual there either.

Express boarding is almost always pointless on Air Asia, just queue early if you are really concerned about the seat you sit in.

mrtoad Posted 2009-01-12 22:40:23

QUOTE (Jockstar @ 2009-01-11 12:03:58)

I am sorry. But after being back in LOS for a month and flew with AA a few times. I wont fly with them again. Nok Air are much better. IMHO. Shit service and rude check in staff. The wife said the same. Infact she nearly lost it with them . I was the one who calmed her down.

I'll agree with you on that, had a similar experience with them earlier in the year. Wont fly with them again. Nok as you say are much better. Thre are other airlines in the region that you can use, that are not much more expensive, once you factor in all of the charges that AA put on.

Nok Air are not even slightly comparable to Air Asia in terms of route network and frequencies. As for 'all the charges AA put on', absolute rubbish. AA have zero fuel surcharge and were one of the first airlines in the world to implement such a policy. As for any other charges, I dont pay anything unless I want to buy a pepsi!

I have just returned from Surat Thani to Bangkok on Air Asia (nokair do not fly there), was on a brand new A320, flight arrived in BKK 25 mins early, inflight service was great, checkin staff greeted me with a very warm welcome, and i paid.... 175 baht all in!!!!! not a baht more

Air asia, bunch of idiots with no money, have been waiting since december for a refund, done the phone calls,emails same response as the poster, just smiling idiots saying sorry it will be another 90 days if at all as they have no money. wont use them again and I hope they go down the toilet and take the idiots with them.

Sorry have a nice day :o

Air Asia - I hate em. Have been on 10 flights with them since the New Year already. Every one on time and smooth as silk, I hate that. This year I will do about 40 flights with them, 10 of which will be PTH - KL and that the one I hate the most, absolutely hate it.

I get the same seat for the 5 hour flight every time, exit ailse 35C, which gives me more legroom than business class on any other airline. I hate that. For the cost of 1 PTH - KL seat with Qantas I can fly 4 times with Air Asia. I hate that. The aircraft is a brand new Airbus only delivered in November. I hate that. The service is always warm, friendly and punctual and professional, I hate that too. The crew are always well groomed and easy on the eye, I hate that as well. So all in all I would strongly suggest that you dont fly with AA and leave other poor punters to have to fly with them to suffer in silence.

Now were we going to talk about AA sister operation Tune Hotels as well? Fantastic brand new hotel opening at KL LCCT in April with rooms starting at RM 5 a night? Bet I will hate that operation too...

Air Asia - I hate em. Have been on 10 flights with them since the New Year already. Every one on time and smooth as silk, I hate that........................................all in all I would strongly suggest that you dont fly with AA and leave other poor punters to have to fly with them to suffer in silence.

Now were we going to talk about AA sister operation Tune Hotels as well? Fantastic brand new hotel opening at KL LCCT in April with rooms starting at RM 5 a night? Bet I will hate that operation too...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you'll start a rush. Poor old me I'm off in April PNH-KUL-LON(Std)-KUL-BKK and I've got to suffer 4 nights in TuneHotels (KL) - the whole lot incl. taxes, heavy baggage charge, seat selection,insurance, meals, aircon etc etc for the ridiculous(?) price of £552. I'll suffer in silence too thanks. :o

You do have to read what it says on the can, but it's not exactly difficult for the average over 12yo.

Actually I did get stranded in PNH when BKK was closed - not AirAsia's fault of course - but I just got on a bus back to Pattaya for about 1000 baht and forgot about it. Are they refunding then?

Edited by mickba