Moving To Thailand

Hi there, i was hoping some of you coud help, i'm moving to thailand later this year with my thai wife and our daughter, and i was wanting to know what type of visa'a i can get other than the 30 day entry stamp. As we're hoping to settle there, but to be honest the visa requirements both confuse and worry me. Are there any visa's which can be renewed with out me having to leave thailand for a period of time? any help and advice would be greatly appriciated.

You can apply for a non-immigrant visa based on your marriage to a Thai. This will give you 90 days to stay in Thailand. In Thailand itself you can extend the time you are permitted to stay to 1 year if you can show a family income of 40,000 Thai baht per month. That is the income of you, your wife or combined income. Income can also be from outside Thailand.

If your daughter doesn't have a Thai passport yet, now is the time to apply for it.

Edited by Mario2008

Hi there, i was hoping some of you coud help, i'm moving to thailand later this year with my thai wife and our daughter, and i was wanting to know what type of visa'a i can get other than the 30 day entry stamp. As we're hoping to settle there, but to be honest the visa requirements both confuse and worry me. Are there any visa's which can be renewed with out me having to leave thailand for a period of time? any help and advice would be greatly appriciated.

A Non Imm Visa will give you 90 days. It can be extended in Thailand for 12 months if you or your Wife ,or both together can prove a monthly income of 40'000 Baht.

If not you will need a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa. This will need you to exit the country and return every 90 days.

You do not mention your nationality so do not know how easy it would be to get this.

Thanks for the link Mario i'll definatly check it out, hey lite beer thanks for the reply, my nationality is British but not sure how much that helps or hinders me

It helps as you can definitely obtain a Multy Entry Non Imm O Visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull.

You would have to pop over the border every 90 days ,but it will give you up to 15 months stay in Thailand.

It would give you time to sort out other options.

If you are over 50 you will have a couple of other options.