Lost Uk Passport

Hi,

I am fortunate enough to have lost my passport so am going up to BKK today to get a new one. I am hoping that I will be able to get an extension at Thai Immigration whilst waiting for the new passport as my non B runs out today (otherwise I am looking at 10 days overstay!). What are my chances (once I have my new passport) of getting a Non-B issued at Immigration in BKK, or will they only issue me a temporary visa and I will still have to go to Penang to get my new Non-B? If I get a tourist visa, would this not mess up my work permit?

Also is the 10 days they quote accurate? I know the US is 3 days only...

Any advice appreciated - I am sure I am not the only one who has had to do this, but I can't find an exact link...

Also is the 10 days they quote accurate?

spot on!

chris

If you have had your non-b extended in immigration in Bangkok, they will be able to transfer it on your new passport. but if you had it outside (like a 1 year multiple entry), they have no way of re-issuing you that kind of visa. Anyway, if your visa will run out soon, get a police report that your visa, departure card was lost and then go to your embassy to ask for the same type of report (just certified by your embassy) then the immigration can, I believe, give you an emergency extension of 30 days. This prevents you from overstaying.. but of course, that's another 1,900 baht fee in immigration office

Book a flight before you goto the UK embassy, they will only consider it an emergency and fast track you a new passport if you have a flight booked. My advice would be to book one for Friday, they should have your new passport by then, PROVIDED you have the ticket to show them when you go in to order the new passport.

I stood there and explained that my visa was running out/there was no room for new stamps and I needed it ASAP and this had no effect coz I had no flight booked. The response I got "Mr Mr, if not have flight, not emergency, maybe take 10 days.." :o

Hi,

I am fortunate enough to have lost my passport so am going up to BKK today to get a new one. I am hoping that I will be able to get an extension at Thai Immigration whilst waiting for the new passport as my non B runs out today (otherwise I am looking at 10 days overstay!). What are my chances (once I have my new passport) of getting a Non-B issued at Immigration in BKK, or will they only issue me a temporary visa and I will still have to go to Penang to get my new Non-B? If I get a tourist visa, would this not mess up my work permit?

Also is the 10 days they quote accurate? I know the US is 3 days only...

Any advice appreciated - I am sure I am not the only one who has had to do this, but I can't find an exact link...

You need to act quickly to save your work permit.

When you say your 'non B runs out' do you mean your 90 day entry stamp, or are you referring to the enter before date on your non B visa?

If it's your entry stamp, you must go to immigartion a.s.a.p to ask for their help. The visa that was in your lost passport is lost and they cannot issue a duplicate to put in your passport.

BKK do not issue non immigrant visas, they can only your extend permission to stay and yes, a tourist visa will mess up your Work Permit.

You must apply to renew your work permit before it's permission expires (I presume tomorrow). You can explain the situation that you will have a delay getting your visa and labour should be able to help you.

the tourist visa will not mess your work permit BUT you'll have to convert it to non-B or go immediately to a consulate and buy a new non-B prior starting to work again.

once you come back in thailand you can renew your work permit.

the tourist visa will not mess your work permit BUT you'll have to convert it to non-B or go immediately to a consulate and buy a new non-B prior starting to work again.

once you come back in thailand you can renew your work permit.

When the OP goes overseas to get a replacement visa, then he might as well get a non immigrant B visa, there is no point whatsoever in getting a tourist visa. He has a work permit already, so he should be able to supply the correct paperwork for a non B.

Also he cannot wait until he returns to Thailand to renew his work permit. If his WP permission expires tomorrow and he does not make a WP5 renewal application before close of business (the WP5 reciept will be marked in Thai to indicate that labour are waiting for a new visa will be supplied) - then his work permit has expired. Normally you must supply any additional required paperwork to labour within 7 days.