Printer Wanted

binnsy

Guest Reimar

I use an Epson R310 for 4 years now. Was testing an Canon but isn't that good than the epson, but more cheap. The difference between the two is, if you use the right ink, the Epson uses Pigment Ink and the Canon normal ink which not last that long. And the quality of printaouts with Oigment ink is very high.

I would go for an Epson, maybe a bit more expensive than an Canon but better Services avilable and a better warranty.

Cheers.

Have to disagree with the above. Have used Epsons and Lexmarks for quite a while. The Canon iP5300 I have is far better in print quality. It uses both Dye based and Pigment based inks and I have found the ink lasting longer then my previous brands. Plus the inks are fairly inexpensive with multiple cartridges rather then a single one for all colors.

All my prints with the Canon have come out flawlessly with photographic quality that when I show to someone they are surprised it came from a printer. Of course as with any printer, paper will make a big difference in this. Still highly recommend Canon.

Guest Reimar
Have to disagree with the above. Have used Epsons and Lexmarks for quite a while. The Canon iP5300 I have is far better in print quality. It uses both Dye based and Pigment based inks and I have found the ink lasting longer then my previous brands. Plus the inks are fairly inexpensive with multiple cartridges rather then a single one for all colors.

All my prints with the Canon have come out flawlessly with photographic quality that when I show to someone they are surprised it came from a printer. Of course as with any printer, paper will make a big difference in this. Still highly recommend Canon.

I don't know which Epson you have use for to print CD/DVD's but I use the R310 = 6 Color, had an R210 = 6 Color and an R230 = 6 clor and all of them single tanks! The ink I use is the original Epson Ink for Plotters (Dura Brite / Pigment) in an Tank-system. Printed wth the R310 app 30,000 + CD's and DVD's within 4 years and had to really clean the Printhead just 2 times and it's still the first Printhead!

I printing Catalogue and Product CD/DVD's for our customers in Series up to 1,000 pcs. Quantity above that we let pressing.

The Canon Prixma Printhead was down after 6 month the first time and with 3 month 2 times again! Never a Canon again!

But that's my experiences not others.

Cheers.