Scam Alert!

cynthialee

Order what you want and dont check the bill easy, !,. seriously though, i didnt know the price in the menu for a pizza was with no toppings !,. i kid you not, in the one at big c n pattaya we were flabbergasted,.does anyone order a piza with nothing on it ? :D

You mean you got, like...just a crust with a little tomato sauce? :o

you order small drink and they chargwe you for large size! it happens too often to be a coincidence :o:D . i think its in employee manual to increase sales.

its not the principle its the 5 baht im worried about!

The fact that the Pizza Company and Pizza Hut call there product pizza at all is a scam in itself.

Order what you want and dont check the bill easy, !,. seriously though, i didnt know the price in the menu for a pizza was with no toppings !,. i kid you not, in the one at big c n pattaya we were flabbergasted,.does anyone order a piza with nothing on it ? :D

You mean you got, like...just a crust with a little tomato sauce? :o

More or less ,yes !, when the bill came the toppings were extra, we queried it and were told the price listed was for a base with tomato sauce ,.pizza hut big c pattaya north,yesterday,.

you order small drink and they chargwe you for large size! it happens too often to be a coincidence :o:D . i think its in employee manual to increase sales.

Same thing happened to me - ask for a small and they will give you refill size and charge you for it.

Edited by canuckamuck

Just order the refill FOR ONE PERSON and then share it with you friends they love it when I do that.

The fact that so many Thai's love the Italian food from these places is beyond me. I don't think you could do worse getting microwavable frozen Italian from the supermarket.

It isn't beyond the owners of these chains....

The fact they have done so well is that they have amended their menu to take into account local tastes and preferences. The locals love it. Try serving them a 'real' pizza and they'd turn their noses up at it.

A bit like Starbucks really. Serves <deleted> coffee with way too much milk, and flavouring to cover it up the coffee taste. Americans, who have lacked a traditional coffee culture think starbucks is the bees knees, but you go to somewhere where there is a more 'mature' coffee culture, and people don't touch starbucks with a barge poll.

The fact that so many Thai's love the Italian food from these places is beyond me. I don't think you could do worse getting microwavable frozen Italian from the supermarket.

Italian ? I thought we were talking about Pizza Hut... It was nothing to do with Italian food... Except maybe the name : Pizza. It's just another fast food joint like B king, or McDonalds..

Anyways, I enjoy it, from time to time :o

I have to say i love the Extra Cheesy Sausage Bits crush from pizza co, i order one every weekend. Costs 510 baht for a large now though :o But last week they did give me a free large pizza coupon!

I've had a pretty good track record ordering from pizza company; but i no longer order from pizza hut as i have often been dissatisfied with the food/service there.

It isn't beyond the owners of these chains....

The fact they have done so well is that they have amended their menu to take into account local tastes and preferences. The locals love it. Try serving them a 'real' pizza and they'd turn their noses up at it.

A bit like Starbucks really. Serves <deleted> coffee with way too much milk, and flavouring to cover it up the coffee taste. Americans, who have lacked a traditional coffee culture think starbucks is the bees knees, but you go to somewhere where there is a more 'mature' coffee culture, and people don't touch starbucks with a barge poll.

Actually there are millions of Americans who don't like Starbucks either. I'm not sure exactly what countries you are talking about that have mature coffee cultures and whose people wouldn't touch Starbucks with a barge poll, but even after the recent wave of store closures worldwide there are still 45 Starbucks in France, 126 in Germany, 42 in Switzerland, 11 in Austria and 77 in Spain (It is true that Italy has none). There must be quite a few people in those counties who patronize the stores or they would have closed too. The fact that Pizza Hut has amended their menu to take into account local tastes and preferences makes them quite different from Starbucks in that Starbucks doesn't change their product from country to country. Maybe that's part of the reason Starbucks has struggled financially in the last year or so.

A bit like Starbucks really. Serves <deleted> coffee with way too much milk, and flavouring to cover it up the coffee taste.

BTW, you can order expresso or drip coffee at Starbucks without any milk or flavorings.

Actually there are millions of Americans who don't like Starbucks either. I'm not sure exactly what countries you are talking about that have mature coffee cultures and whose people wouldn't touch Starbucks with a barge poll, but even after the recent wave of store closures worldwide there are still 45 Starbucks in France, 126 in Germany, 42 in Switzerland, 11 in Austria and 77 in Spain (It is true that Italy has none). There must be quite a few people in those counties who patronize the stores or they would have closed too. The fact that Pizza Hut has amended their menu to take into account local tastes and preferences makes them quite different from Starbucks in that Starbucks doesn't change their product from country to country. Maybe that's part of the reason Starbucks has struggled financially in the last year or so.

Australia maybe ? There closing 2/3rds of their stores here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_...ralia_starbucks

but you go to somewhere where there is a more 'mature' coffee culture, and people don't touch starbucks with a barge poll.
Australia maybe ? There closing 2/3rds of their stores here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_...ralia_starbucks

I don't think samran was talking about Australia when he referred to countries with a 'mature' coffee culture. Starbucks also closed 600 stores in the US.

Australia and NZ's coffee culture is very developed. On the trendy Ponsonby Road in Auckland there must be around 30 high quality cafes serving wonderful coffee. There is also one Starbucks. Curiously, the only people you would ever see in that Starbucks are bewildered American and Asian tourists. Nuff said.

Australia and NZ's coffee culture is very developed. On the trendy Ponsonby Road in Auckland there must be around 30 high quality cafes serving wonderful coffee. There is also one Starbucks. Curiously, the only people you would ever see in that Starbucks are bewildered American and Asian tourists. Nuff said.

I wasn't taking a shot at Oz or NZ nor was I defending Starbucks. I was pointing out that I didn't agree with samran's comment that Americans have lacked an appreciation of coffee and his stereotype that all Americans think Starbucks is the "bees nees". He goes on to say that no one from one of the 'mature' coffee countries would touch them. The numbers however, just don't support that statement. I assumed the 'mature' coffee culture countries he was talking about were in Europe since they go back significantly longer than either Oz, NZ or the US. Even after all the closings there are still many Starbucks outlets open in Europe like it or not. You can't tell me that it's only tourists that keep them open. Starbucks also takes a lot of criticism in the US for their fast food approach to the coffee shop business. One trip to San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Denver, Portland, Seattle or any number of the other more progressive cities in the US and one will see that there is no shortage of small high calibre independent coffee shops. I don't doubt that Auckland sees it's fair share of bewildered American tourists but I seriously doubt if it is Starbucks that has them bewildered.