British Food Stores

bobroper

Have been living in Thailand now for nearly 3 years and although I enjoy Thai food, I do miss British food.

I have been living in Rangsit, Pathumthani and rarely go into central Bangkok, maybe thats where all the British Food Shops/Stores are.

Can any of you brits or in fact anybody tell me where to buy a good selection of British Food, I know of Foodland, Village Market store, Central food store. Are there any others and where are they situated?

I have found quite a good selection of British stuff in Topps, under Central Plaza Pin Kloa.

Last time I was there they had Walkers crisps and oat cakes, and even the cheese to with them.

Heinz spagetti and various other items as well, I can not remember all they had, but that is what stuck in my mind.

They seen to be marketing this as alot of the items had a lable 'Only at Topps'

FD :o

Have been living in Thailand now for nearly 3 years and although I enjoy Thai food, I do miss British food.

I have been living in Rangsit, Pathumthani and rarely go into central Bangkok, maybe thats where all the British Food Shops/Stores are.

Can any of you brits or in fact anybody tell me where to buy a good selection of British Food, I know of Foodland, Village Market store, Central food store. Are there any others and where are they situated?

You don't have to come all the way in for Villa, they have stores on Pracha Chuan and Chaeng Wattana.

Cheers

Well, I reckon any branch of The Mall should see you right. A bit pricey but much better than Tescos , Big C, Carre Foure ( ? ) and Tops. The deli section is the only place I have been able to find English Bacon. Also, the Japanese bakery ( forget its name ..Yoshi...something or other ) does the best wholemeal bread there is and will slice it any way you like it. Baked beans !! No worries ! While you're at it try Nestles wholewheat flakes with banana chips and nuts. Twice the price of cornflakes but very tasty especially if you chuck in some dried raisins ( 10 baht a bag ). Ah well, and now I'm ranting and drooling try the homemade soups...luvely jubbley.

Yep we all love Thai food but its not a religion. Even my girlfriend prefers an English breakfast to Khao Dtom.