Will Family Settle For 10k A Month?

inlove

ShugNorris, you've been fleeced already by my standards! She'll likely divorce you within the year. Who's gonna pay for the monthly payments on the car, and BTW, who's name is the car in.............. hello............. wake up and smell the somtum!

From an outside perspective it may look that way. Sin Sod is Thai Culture which I eventually came round to understanding (not entirely agreeing though) I'm 23 and just forked out £5000, seemed a bit ridiculous. Anyway, if I can get everything I need, a nice house (swimming pool :D), a decent car and a little bit of land in her name (leased by me for 90 yearsfor, err, one baht? Need to look into that bit) it'll be good. I have a limit whereby I'm not going to spend any more than I wouldn't be able to pay back to the bank in the UK for more than four years. I will still work in the UK and rent a flat there probably. I'm in the Military so I have lodgings there and can afford to pay a little more out of my salary because of this. Leave the Navy at 30 with Land and house and car etc all paid for and then can see what I want to do then.

I've known her for two and a half years already, she's from Southern Thailand... She spent three months in shitty, cold and grey Scotland and is still happy enough. Her family actually seem Ok too, they took all the cheap corners for me in organising the wedding haha. Weddings on Friday and I'm the type of guy who looks forward to recieving the cards from the guests. :o Maybe get back 100 000 which'll mean I'll break even on the Sin Sod.. but will have still paid for the wedding if you know what I mean...

Only time will tell...

- Shug

You paid 100,000 bht for sin sod? What did the remaing 200,000 bht or so go for?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do TV members always get with the poorest and least educatdd girls?

Out of all the people i know with educated girlfriends, i have never seen a family asking for 100baht...

I believe MiG16's initial response to all this puts to bed once and for all that it's only the poor and uneducated girls who believe all farang are walking ATMs.

Poor yes, but uneducated not necessarily. I have a GF, who is in the third year of nursing school, smart & speaks good English. I have been "assisting" her with 4-6 K bht per mo and the family has tried to jump on the bandwagon with various "needs". She has already aquired from me a ring, music player, school fees & uniforms, camera & mobile phones (2) (over about an 8 month period). Recently, she has requested a laptop computer, "upgrading" her ring & previously owned gold chain and visits to the skin clinic. All of these I have refused and she is now on very thin ice. Her Father recently told her that the Farang was no good, because he would not upgrade the gold chain & she should not talk to him any longer.

ShugNorris, you've been fleeced already by my standards! She'll likely divorce you within the year. Who's gonna pay for the monthly payments on the car, and BTW, who's name is the car in.............. hello............. wake up and smell the somtum!
From an outside perspective it may look that way. Sin Sod is Thai Culture which I eventually came round to understanding (not entirely agreeing though) I'm 23 and just forked out £5000, seemed a bit ridiculous. Anyway, if I can get everything I need, a nice house (swimming pool :D), a decent car and a little bit of land in her name (leased by me for 90 yearsfor, err, one baht? Need to look into that bit) it'll be good. I have a limit whereby I'm not going to spend any more than I wouldn't be able to pay back to the bank in the UK for more than four years. I will still work in the UK and rent a flat there probably. I'm in the Military so I have lodgings there and can afford to pay a little more out of my salary because of this. Leave the Navy at 30 with Land and house and car etc all paid for and then can see what I want to do then. I've known her for two and a half years already, she's from Southern Thailand... She spent three months in shitty, cold and grey Scotland and is still happy enough. Her family actually seem Ok too, they took all the cheap corners for me in organising the wedding haha. Weddings on Friday and I'm the type of guy who looks forward to recieving the cards from the guests. :o Maybe get back 100 000 which'll mean I'll break even on the Sin Sod.. but will have still paid for the wedding if you know what I mean... Only time will tell... - Shug
You paid 100,000 bht for sin sod? What did the remaing 200,000 bht or so go for?
Shugs, the 90 year lease has no basis in Thai law, renewal of the 30 year lease is not automatic. You might get a shock although you can't be a lot older than her so maybe not? Where is the land? I think I know you.

this is a normal type of question for a newcomer, if they had all the anwers already they would hardly be newcomers to the LOS,

this is also normal for a troll

roy gsd

Yes sorry point taken, i suppose we were all like this origionally.

no i was never like this. in any group there is always the weak individual who others aspire to take the pee. then there is the individual who likes to take the pee. me . ive always been the master pee taker. all in the most possible tast. ive never taken the pee in a bullying fasion. so when i came to the land of scams, no scams its all realy to easy. ive been like this from a very early age. wonderfull things genes.

Out of all the people i know with educated girlfriends, i have never seen a family asking for 100baht...

I believe MiG16's initial response to all this puts to bed once and for all that it's only the poor and uneducated girls who believe all farang are walking ATMs.

Poor yes, but uneducated not necessarily. I have a GF, who is in the third year of nursing school, smart & speaks good English. I have been "assisting" her with 4-6 K bht per mo and the family has tried to jump on the bandwagon with various "needs". She has already aquired from me a ring, music player, school fees & uniforms, camera & mobile phones (2) (over about an 8 month period). Recently, she has requested a laptop computer, "upgrading" her ring & previously owned gold chain and visits to the skin clinic. All of these I have refused and she is now on very thin ice. Her Father recently told her that the Farang was no good, because he would not upgrade the gold chain & she should not talk to him any longer.

all this and you still want her!

ohh lord buddha!

Why dont people try to get girls who have dosh. I have never been with a girl that was a broke ass. Ever since I was a teenager I said to myself Im only ever going to marry a rich chick. But she has too look good too

all this and you still want her!

ohh lord buddha!

I did not say I still wanted her. She will soon be cut off from any further money.

Why dont people try to get girls who have dosh. I have never been with a girl that was a broke ass. Ever since I was a teenager I said to myself Im only ever going to marry a rich chick. But she has too look good too

A bit shallow arent we TheDon

Good luck in Los. I thought men were more interested in their dog than the women from the Land of down under.

When I was in Sydney that was quite evident. I loved Australia , but I think you should check your rosy shades (or beer goggles you got on.) this not the west Don. Chances of getting bit by a great white or riding a tube from Perth to the Gold coast. Lol

And if you do land a Dr. you better come up with the dosh to back it up. Well educated girls seem to enjoy high powered men which means you gotta have the cash & carry to play.I'm sure Australia is no different than The U.S. Not attacking your character & please don't think I am making light of you.Just really not to many high powered women that I see in Thailand compared to western countries.

The other day our taxi driver spent most of the trip complaining that his sister again didn't pay their parents salary and he has to pay for both of them even if he could barely afford to pay his own share ...

I believe it's normal for middle class asian people (not only Thai) to start paying something to their parents as soon as they get a salary. As for sindsod, it's funny to see that some TV member think this applies only to them.

Nobody has an obligation, but we are not just a bunch of individuals. Family is important, and just because they are Thai doesn't make things different.

Look at it like Wayne Rooney's new wife and all the stuff that happened around her wedding. Taking her buddies over to Florida and dishing out spending money. The situation is quite similar, all of her family probably think Wayne is loaded and can afford it so why shouldn't they experience a bit of luxury. I would hope that none of them ask for a monthly handout, but it wouldn't surprise me if she gave them some! Most Thais think that farang are on many million baht per year.

My daughter was upset because I was going away to work in another country (I fly back every month from the middle east). I said to her "The big people have to take care of the small people, that's why you have to take care of your little sister, and that's why daddy has to go to another country, so we have enough money to take care of everyone in the family and to buy you toys. If you don't want toys then maybe I can stay in Thailand; would you like that? <Shakes head> You want the toys? <nods head>"

It's nice to know you're appreciated...

I think it is a silly amount to give, unless you are ugly and she beautiful or miss-matched in some other way, in which case it is a pure business transaction. Alternatively, you could be a mug, in which case wake up dude.

NO NO NO= problems galore!

I hear plastic surgery is cheap in Thailand! And 15000 baht a month will go along way in learning to play the guitar so you might be a bit interesting, but maybe its to difficult to teach an old dog new tricks?

In that case why dont you settle for being the sugar-daddy?

The other day our taxi driver spent most of the trip complaining that his sister again didn't pay their parents salary and he has to pay for both of them even if he could barely afford to pay his own share ...

I believe it's normal for middle class asian people (not only Thai) to start paying something to their parents as soon as they get a salary. As for sindsod, it's funny to see that some TV member think this applies only to them.

Taxi drivers are not middle class.. their sisters usually marries guys like the OP..

Shugs, the 90 year lease has no basis in Thai law, renewal of the 30 year lease is not automatic. You might get a shock although you can't be a lot older than her so maybe not? Where is the land? I think I know you.

The Sin Sod was 300 000 but they gave 200 000 to her, I was meaning it's possible that I'll get 100 000 back from the wedding 'gifts.' they didn't want Sin Sod at the wedding because 300 000 is a large amount of cash to be handing over ... they didn't think it was wise... They are gonna make a 'pretend sin sod' at the wedding... I wont lie to you, this Friday, at my wedding, I still have no idea what to expect! Although it's a very good point and something that I never gave much thought. I'll get back to you :o

I dont own the land, it's what I intend doing, I haven't got the land yet, just been inquiring and seeing if I can get a good price... The land is around Trang though. You think you know me? Not sure if it's possible because I dont know anyone around Trang at all and haven't really got anything solid, maybe you are confusing me with someone else?! If not let me know though! Maybe you've seen me around!

Anyways, Cheers!

- Shug

They don't want to show it @ the wedding so will have a pretend Sin Sot, love it............

You were quite believable to begin with, in comparison to some other storys I've heard 1st hand.. :o

Yeah, pretend, make believe, a wad of paper with a couple of thousand on top... A decorative box containing shredded paper with a couple of thousand on top for show again.. Doesn't tax the imagination too much... I didn't mean that I'll do a mime act and lay out an invisible package...

I think a lot of people have paid a dowry on this forum and I'm not doing anything unusual and if it all went pearshaped, OK, I've lost 5 grand, a bit of a pisser but nothing that'll ruin my life.

Also, the fact that I don't have a Thai Bank Account and I carried the cash on my person through customs I didn't want to leave it in a safety deposit box or in a hotel room safe so I stuck it in her bank account. Anyway, I've known her for two and a half years and been to Thailand a dozen times to see her... I've spoken to her on the phone most days... I KNOW her, she's not some bar girl I met on the internet and decided to marry...

Edited by ShugNorris

They don't want to show it @ the wedding so will have a pretend Sin Sot, love it............

You were quite believable to begin with, in comparison to some other storys I've heard 1st hand.. :o

Yeah, pretend, make believe, a wad of paper with a couple of thousand on top... A decorative box containing shredded paper with a couple of thousand on top for show again.. Doesn't tax the imagination too much... I didn't mean that I'll do a mime act and lay out an invisible package...

I think a lot of people have paid a dowry on this forum and I'm not doing anything unusual and if it all went pearshaped, OK, I've lost 5 grand, a bit of a pisser but nothing that'll ruin my life.

Also, the fact that I don't have a Thai Bank Account and I carried the cash on my person through customs I didn't want to leave it in a safety deposit box or in a hotel room safe so I stuck it in her bank account. Anyway, I've known her for two and a half years and been to Thailand a dozen times to see her... I've spoken to her on the phone most days... I KNOW her, she's not some bar girl I met on the internet and decided to marry...

Shug,

All stuff aside, congrats on your pending wedding, hope things go well and the future is a good one for you and your lady... JayJay