Easy Ways To Geat A Schengen Visa?

Hello does anyone know a quick or easy way to get a schengen visa, my wife (Thai living in the UK with ILR ) wants to her visit siter in holland.

Just phoned the apointment booking line and the best they could offer 26th Sept for an apointment which is far to late! Anyone know of companys that will process a visa a bit quicker for a bit of coin?

Many thanks.

That's absolutely rediculous, it's simple really IF a country is requiring people to apply for visas, then the least they could do is make sure that someone can apply in a reasonable amount of time, September 26 is in more then 7 weeks !

I seem to remember that she doesn't need a Schengen visa, if she has provisional stay in the UK ?

Otherwise, try any other Schengen embassy or consulate.

Netherlands Embassy Hull i rang on a Monday a few weeks ago they said come the very next day. Apparently the German Embassy will issue you one by post without even seeing you both just post the docs no fee just include secure postal envelope.

http://www.thailand-uk.com/ they have an excellent post from Cliff on this http://thailand-uk.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...1982#7461051982

Edited by mariner29

Thanks Guys!

I called the Southampton consulate this morning and he was quite helpfull, we have an apointment tomorow morning. however it still will take 1 month to process. better than nout i supose!

I dot think is very good at all........... :o

roy gsd

My partner has been applying for a schengen Visa 5 times already, (for the Netherlands) and the procedure has always been, submit on day one, call on day two and collect passport on day three. Don't know why a simple Schengen visa would take one month to process...

Ir was only taking 3 days to process at the German Embassy read the post.

In fairness you didnt say how long it would take to process at the german embassy, but the german embassy does seem to be more switched on than some other embassies.

From memory I recall that the German embassy website in london states that if the schengen visa applicant has entered the uk within the past 12 months a visit to the embassy would not be required, from that it should naturally follow that over 12 months requires a visit.

However I came across an anomoly whichI discussed with the head of the German Visa Section who on hearing my enquiry told me just to send the wifes application in for processing, as I am requesting a Schenen visa that will be valid for the best part of two years it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

As Yet I have not had time ( excuse really!) to draft the letter to accompany the wifes S. V. application but this has reminded e to do so within the next day or two.

When the wife gets the passport back I will let you know hw lonfg it is valid for, finger crossed.

Roy gsd

My partner has been applying for a schengen Visa 5 times already, (for the Netherlands) and the procedure has always been, submit on day one, call on day two and collect passport on day three. Don't know why a simple Schengen visa would take one month to process...

Is that in LOS or the uk?

Roy gsd

Yes sorry about that but i thought if i was good enough to insert the link to an excellent post you would also have taken the time to read it ? :o

Good luck

Hi,

If you would like to take the time to click on the link you provided you will find you need a groupee account to access it,

I doubt many people would be keen to open yet another account.....

roy gsd