English Premier League In Thailand

tigerontour

I'm going to be travelling around Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia from December-March. I'll really want to see my team, Hull City, on TV whenever I can. What are my chances in each of these countries? Are the games shown live (ie. UK afternoon = Asia middle of the night) or in full on a delay (so the whole 90 minutes is shown, just not live so it's on at a reasonable time!)? Or both? Will it just be when we're playing against Man United and Chelsea that we're on TV, or are a range of games shown? What kind of places will show games on big screen TV's? Bars? Sports bars? Hotels?

Thanks,

Andy - Tiger on Tour

You will have no problems watching EPL. The big four tend to be favoured but all teams get shown.

Thai TV shows live games as well as the satellite/cable channels like ESPN and True visions and these two repeat games I'm sure??

There will be a 7 hour time difference during your travels so the Saturday 3pm games are shown at 10pm local time.

Bars etc will show the games. The premier league is VERY popular out here.

Happy travels :o

I'm going to be travelling around Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia from December-March. I'll really want to see my team, Hull City, on TV whenever I can. What are my chances in each of these countries? Are the games shown live (ie. UK afternoon = Asia middle of the night) or in full on a delay (so the whole 90 minutes is shown, just not live so it's on at a reasonable time!)? Or both? Will it just be when we're playing against Man United and Chelsea that we're on TV, or are a range of games shown? What kind of places will show games on big screen TV's? Bars? Sports bars? Hotels?

Thanks,

Andy - Tiger on Tour

Great chance mate, keep your eye on ESPN, easy to watch, not so next year though when they are back in the championship, although I wish them well, best luck from K u H :o

You will have no problems watching EPL. The big four tend to be favoured but all teams get shown.

Thai TV shows live games as well as the satellite/cable channels like ESPN and True visions and these two repeat games I'm sure??

There will be a 7 hour time difference during your travels so the Saturday 3pm games are shown at 10pm local time.

Bars etc will show the games. The premier league is VERY popular out here.

Happy travels :o

Note that the 7 hour difference is only when the UK puts its clocks back one hour at the end of October.

So from now till the end of October the time difference is only 6 hours ie.3pm kick off in UK is 9pm in Thailand.

End of October till end of March its 7 hours difference then the UK puts its clocks forward so end of March till season finishes its back to 6 hours again.

I'd hate for you to miss the first half of Hulls first ever match in the Premiership. :D

Enjoy your travels.Good luck to Hull City for the season......personally I think they might just stay up ! :D