Condominiums In Bangna?

Hi,

Anyone know of good agents selling Condo's in Bangna? I am attending ABAC university next year and would like to buy a 1 - 2 beedroom condominium near by... Looking to spend max 1,000,000B which I think should be plenty for this area so far out. What do you guys think?

Hi,

Anyone know of good agents selling Condo's in Bangna? I am attending ABAC university next year and would like to buy a 1 - 2 beedroom condominium near by... Looking to spend max 1,000,000B which I think should be plenty for this area so far out. What do you guys think?

Not 100% sure when the new BTS station at Bangna is opening but I'm pretty sure that the condo market will start to move prety soon there, I was looking at new 2 bed condos at 1.75million but the state of the economy in the UK has put a spanner in the works for the next 2 - 3 years

www.bangkokcondos.com

Hi,

For that kind of money you are better off if you just walk or drive around the area and you will see many ads on poles, many of them hand written, about sales.

In a 15-20 years old buildings, still robust and with pool and in a reasonable condition, you can expect like 500-700US$ per sqm.

Agents would not have much interest in carrying those properties, the price is too low for their commission. Many sales are through building management office (acting as an agent) or direct.

Brand new developments are about 1000-1200US$ sqm but that will go over your price range.

Since the Suvarnabhumi airport opening in 2006, better buildings (on the Sukhumvit) have started asking higher prices but "run of the mill" in side sois is hardly affected.

As somebody said, you may be better off renting. In 1 complex I saw many white people and was told they are related to nearby international schools and someone mentioned that same ABAC Uni. For 2 BR + parking, in a gated (oldish) complex with security and pool, rental was 14-15K baht.

Something like this:

post-7277-1218076656_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

Im not sure but a farang guy sells a fair few at Bangna I tink it was www.bangkokcondos.com I met him once when we were looking but at the time it was too far off the skytrain for us. Baan Sathorn if I remember rightly they had renovated some of them and they were about tis price.

Im not sure but a farang guy sells a fair few at Bangna I tink it was www.bangkokcondos.com I met him once when we were looking but at the time it was too far off the skytrain for us. Baan Sathorn if I remember rightly they had renovated some of them and they were about tis price.

Ohh, noo.

I saw that ad, several condos on sale. Intending to check several places in the area, I drove up to Bang Na and for this particular one I did not bother getting out of the car. That was back in May this year.

The compound is in terrible decay, the renovated condos may look nice - inside - but the whole complex is closer to be a slum than anything. Some balconies have wild bush with 2 inches thick branches overrgrown them and sticking out - nobody has lived in there for years. The paint peeling off the facades is rampant

Simply, whatever they made inside those renovated condos can not fetch the money they want (or, any money unless sold over the Internet) due to general state of the buildings. The swimming pool has a banner saying that you have to go to building office and buy a coupon prior to use.

The pic I posted shows a similar place but in a far, far better condition (although I presume worse than what Emporium suites wil look like in 20 years).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for all your help guys, I will check out everything you have mentioned. I also found a site that is very good for condo searching that is in Thai and English its www.homedd.com. They have listings all over central Thailand and you can search with in your price range. very large amount of stock most areas have over 100 condos in the 1M and under category have not checked the other categories but I am sure there would be even more.

Can anyone recommend a good area to look in the 1M and under price range..

Thanks everyone for your help :o still hunting....

Hi,

Thanks for all your help guys, I will check out everything you have mentioned. I also found a site that is very good for condo searching that is in Thai and English its www.homedd.com. They have listings all over central Thailand and you can search with in your price range. very large amount of stock most areas have over 100 condos in the 1M and under category have not checked the other categories but I am sure there would be even more.

I would say - be on the ground and see for yourself. Thai real estate market does not give you the opportunity to really land into what you want. Not even in developed places like UK , US or Oz. Especially for that (1 mil) price.

A 1 mil condo advertised on the net may have other identical condos in the same bulding - advertised on the polls - for half the price.

It would pay if you spent 1 month in some hotel while having a look, rather than on the net.

Bang Na realtors have tried to profit from the vicinity of the new airport but with little luck. They just jacked up the prices while many more real sellers don't trust that and don't go with the cyber space, they prefer handwritten ply wood boards on the polls.

Another thing is - within that price range hardly many agents would bother to make their staff available for showing the property.

Also, unless you enjoy it or do not mind, there are many mosques in the Bang Na area that broadcast their prays several times a day, very loudly. No web site would say that, unless it is for devoute Muslims.

Edited by think_too_mut

Hi,

I would say - be on the ground and see for yourself. Thai real estate market does not give you the opportunity to really land into what you want. Not even in developed places like UK , US or Oz. Especially for that (1 mil) price.

A 1 mil condo advertised on the net may have other identical condos in the same bulding - advertised on the polls - for half the price.

It would pay if you spent 1 month in some hotel while having a look, rather than on the net.

Bang Na realtors have tried to profit from the vicinity of the new airport but with little luck. They just jacked up the prices while many more real sellers don't trust that and don't go with the cyber space, they prefer handwritten ply wood boards on the polls.

Another thing is - within that price range hardly many agents would bother to make their staff available for showing the property.

Also, unless you enjoy it or do not mind, there are many mosques in the Bang Na area that broadcast their prays several times a day, very loudly. No web site would say that, unless it is for devoute Muslims.

I currently live In a condo complex in Soi La Salle, off Sri Nakarin in Bang Na, I have yet to see a mosque or hear the call to prayer. There is a brand new condo complex, Parkland Sri Nakarin, nearing completion next door to my condo complex. I am not aware of the price but I have heard 1.2 Mill around the traps. It looks like it will be quite nice when it's finished. Apparently the BTS will be pretty close to here in a few months, just a quick run down Suk soi 107 (Soi Baring). Anyway, good hunting.

Sorry my friend. From Srinakarin to Sukhumvit you will need to pass through a mosquito infested swamp where traffic is a nightmare. At every single new BTS station condominiums are going in like there is no tomorrow.

Be on Sukhumvit Road itself.

I currently live In a condo complex in Soi La Salle, off Sri Nakarin in Bang Na, I have yet to see a mosque or hear the call to prayer. There is a brand new condo complex, Parkland Sri Nakarin, nearing completion next door to my condo complex. I am not aware of the price but I have heard 1.2 Mill around the traps. It looks like it will be quite nice when it's finished. Apparently the BTS will be pretty close to here in a few months, just a quick run down Suk soi 107 (Soi Baring). Anyway, good hunting.

The Bang Na area is 4-5 times bigger than Hong Kong.

That Parkland Sri Nakarin is where we bought , not my wish but my wife liked it there.

The condos are 1.7 mil for a studio up to 2.5 mil for a 2 BR 2 baths.

Peanuts money, nothing that would kill me.

This one is further down (south) from Bang Na off Srinakarin

It is very easy to the new airport, Foodland, Tesco, Carrefour and Central Bang Na. Quite a way to Onut BTS but the new circle road is opened and makes it quite easy to town and to outside of Bangkok on route 9

http://theconnex.com/

Edited by Krub

Hi,

No mosques where you are but 2 or 3 around the Floraville complex.

The Parkland Srinakarin is finished, they told us our keys will be ready this week. Once open, there will be hundreds of brand new condos for rent (the building is like 1250 condos).

The picture is from the condo itself July 15th. You are probably in that green roof complex. I would advise the OP to check there, that's where I saw forreigners in the complex. They looked like academics.

The green roof building is called La Salle or something, they have office accross the road and several full time staff. Many rentals.

post-7277-1219296855_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1219296879_thumb.jpg

This one is further down (south) from Bang Na off Srinakarin

It is very easy to the new airport, Foodland, Tesco, Carrefour and Central Bang Na. Quite a way to Onut BTS but the new circle road is opened and makes it quite easy to town and to outside of Bangkok on route 9

If On Nut and Sky Train and Bangkok city itself were of any interest to me I would not have thought of moving away from SkyTrain and Phrakhanong where we are now, especially not to Bang Na.

Now the coordinates are changing - airport, Seacon Square, Tollway 9 and Siam Water Park are on that side. That's all I need from Thailand.

• 1 month later...