Please Explain What It Is With With Farang Women

russianrobert

I was at Witches Tavern in Thong Lo last night and met an English women at the bar. We chatted a bit and she then told me she was short a few baht to pay her bill. I put in the 200 baht to make the bill okay and we got talking a bit more.

However, it soon became very apparent to me that she had a severe chip on her shoulder. Not that i was expecting any "favours" for stumping up a few baht that she was short but i was not expecting to get an ear full.

It went some thing like this:

Are you here because you're fed up fighting off Thai women elsewhere?

Do you know how difficult it is for us (fareng women)? She then went on to explain how western guys "treat us like <deleted>"

I had a few minutes more of serious earache before i moved on.

Witches tavern is not a "pick up " bar and i only went there to listen to the entertainment and drink a few beers.

Can some of you fareng ladies please explain what that was all about and maybe tell me what i was doing wrong and how i can avoid it in the future?

Edited by russianrobert

I was at Witches Tavern in Thong Lo last night and met an English women at the bar. We chatted a bit and she then told me she was short a few baht to pay her bill. I put in the 200 baht to make the bill okay and we got talking a bit more.

However, it soon became very apparent to me that she had a severe chip on her shoulder. Not that i was expecting any "favours" for stumping up a few baht that she was short but i was not expecting to get an ear full.

It went some thing like this:

Are you here because you're fed up fighting off Thai women elsewhere?

Do you know how difficult it is for us (fareng women)? She then went on to explain how western guys "treat us like <deleted>"

I had a few minutes more of serious earache before i moved on.

Witches tavern is not a "pick up " bar and i only went there to listen to the entertainment and drink a few beers.

Can some of you fareng ladies please explain what that was all about and maybe tell me what i was doing wrong and how i can avoid it in the future?

Am not a Lady but to answer your question from my point of view is that i am here in Thailand to get far away from the Farang lady you encountered :o

Can I ask why you make the assumption that all farang women are like this based on the behavior of one? Seems a tad, well, OTT to me.

My mother taught me a valuable lesson. When I see someone angry or bitter I try not to think what a jerk they are (nor do I make broadbased assumptions based on the behavior of one) but rather, instead of sitting in judgment, ask myself, "I wonder what went wrong in their life today that they are so unhappy".

• Like 1

I didn't say all fareng women were the the same and i didn't make that assumption. But i have to tell you it was very strange to have to deal with that kind of attitude and it does make you wonder.

Not all fareng guys are ONLY interested in "shagging" Thai birds. I for one wouldn't mind having an intelligent conversation. Do we have to walk around with an apology around our neck or what?

I didn't say all fareng women were the the same and i didn't make that assumption. But i have to tell you it was very strange to have to deal with that kind of attitude and it does make you wonder.

Not all fareng guys are ONLY interested in "shagging" Thai birds. I for one wouldn't mind having an intelligent conversation. Do we have to walk around with an apology around our neck or what?

rr - I think the title of the post may have left you open for that one. Perhaps - "a problem with a Falang lady last night...." ??

Agreed, the title suggests that you have a problem with farang women, perhaps a change is in order?

As for the attitude, well, to be perfectly frank, I have, as a woman, encountered some very abusive comments from men on this forum. Frankly, it shocked me at first, as I have never encountered these kinds of aggressive and hate filled attitudes in person. However, quite a few women on this forum say they have encountered this from some western guys so perhaps she had already been on the receiving end of attitudes similar to the ones expressed by other posters on this forum.

There is a reason the Ladies forum has stricter rules about what is and is not acceptable behavior as most of the women prefer that the Ladies forum be a refuge from abusive comments.

As for me, well I would never expect a total stranger to pay for my drink, if I didn't have the money I simply wouldn't buy. I am also quite an open and friendly person, regardless of who I am talking to. So, as stated before, perhaps she was just a rude woman, perhaps she had had a bad experience to make her unfriendly. Either way, she had no call to take her bad mood out on a stranger.

Please explain what it is with this thread. :D

Your scenario doesn't make sense. You meet a foreign woman at the bar, and she can't pay her bill until you happen to come along. :o

And to top it off, she then gives you an "earful" about how terrible Western men here are to foreign women. Right. As if a Western woman who has lived here awhile to know the cold war between Western men and Wester women in LOS, is going to play out the perfect, bitter Western male stereotype. :D

I don't know what it is with farang women, but I certainly know what's up with this thread:

Droll, boll, CULL ...

And you don't even have to pick up the tab. :D

To be fair, there are a lot more men in Thailand with a chip on a shoulder in regards to western woman than the other way round. Most of this bitterness from the men seems to stem from the fact that western women don't give them the attention that they now feel like they deserve -i.e. the attention they get from Thai women in the entertainment spots of Thailand.

I wouldn't say that the attitude of the woman in the OP is typical, but it does seem that a lot of western women are a little bit cynical about western men in Thailand - mind you, so are a lot of their fellow men.

Edited by garro

in the same way that when western men come to thailand they find themselves in the land of plenty , the sweetshop , the land of milk and honey after the withered and parched landscapes of the west , so this falang women seems to have made the journey in reverse.

from the competitive and sometimes combatitive nature of western relationships (both romantic and non romantic , i.e.the workplace ) where the modus operandi often seems to be "i'd better hurt them before they get a chance to hurt me" , from relationships where the roles are blurred leading to conflict and uncertainty , from relationships where parties are constantly on the look out for breaches of all those 21st century boundaries introduced by courts and social commentators and the inflated sense of entitlement when those boundaries are breached or imagined to have been breached.

some western women seem to have taken on board a variety of masculine traits that they have complained about for so many years , and in doing so have lost a degree of their natural charm , attempts at appeasement by men have left them taking on a more feminine role.

women with less than the full complement of feminity and men with less than their full share of masculinity are less attractive to each other. these are inner qualities and attributes , having little to do with the superficialities of appearance.

is it any wonder that an awful sense of suspicion and mistrust has developed.

life is much simpler here. and it has nothing to do with the often quoted but always incorrect assumption that eastern women are subservient towards their men. its just that the roles are so much better defined here.

there was another thread running the other day , a light hearted thread about how a danish lad was getting spoilt rotten by the girls in the office to the consternation of a western woman who also worked there. they were bringing him coffee and food all day. whether in jest or not ... i dont know , but the poster made one telling comment , and that was that she would never ever fetch coffee for anyone.

i have just returned from 6 weeks back in the motherland ( blighty) and as an inveterate people watcher the thing that i noticed most was the increasing amounts of agressive behaviour by the women along with the increasingly sheepish behaviour of the men.

i met many kids of friends , younger relatives etc. over there who have travelled to asia , some have worked in thailand , japan etc.

all of them bar none said they would like an asian women as a partner. "thats how women should be" they said. seeing that natural femininity , sadly an increasing rarity in western lands , struck a chord fast becoming muted in the deep recesses of the male psyche.

am i making any sense , probably not.

To be fair, there are a lot more men in Thailand with a chip on a shoulder in regards to western woman than the other way round. Most of this bitterness from the men seems to stem from the fact that western women don't give them the attention that they now feel like they deserve -i.e. the attention they get from Thai women in the entertainment spots of Thailand.

I wouldn't say that the attitude of the woman in the OP is typical, but it does seem that a lot of western women are a little bit cynical about western men in Thailand - mind you, so are a lot of their fellow men.

think you hit the nail on the head there garro.

Very eloquently stated Tax!!!

I think basically its a complete role reversal the chased aren't normally used to being the chasee. However there are certainly cases where mistreatment is apparent on both sides. Live by my motto - don't waste your time being bitter whoever you are - far easier to be happy.

And Western women wonder why at least some of us prefer Asian ladies....

you only have to read stories on this forum to know that there are thai ladies capable of similar stunts and outbursts.

you cant condemn 50% of the western world just because of the behaviour of one maldjusted , loudmouthed , angst ridden , alcoholic and , even though the op doesnt mention it , quite possibly overweight and frustrated feminist dungaree clad lesbo-nazi.

so lets all keep an open mind on this and think before we post please.

Edited by taxexile

post closed, as proven by nearly (but not all :D ) every post made by the men on this thread so far, just another excuse for some to get their rocks off making stupid & rude generalisations about women (again, yawn).

Op suggest you toughen up lad, if one women having a bit of a drunken ramble got you so upset, you best find more singular pursuits & save your delicate constitution cause some people will be like this.

I assume by you not starting a "whats up with these western men" thread that you've not come across any blokes in los yet who tell you how bad western women are??? oh wait, hang on, just read this thread :o