Dvd Ripping Software

dave111223

I'd like to backup some DVDs onto my media PC, but i've been thinking that most DVD ripping software out there just don't seem to work....What do you guys suggest using?

(I'm looking for something simple; put in a dvd click a button and end up with a dvix/xvid file)

Gordian Knot, but you will have to do something more then just press the button, as the ripping itself is indeed easy, but then the ripped content needs to be converted to Xvid or Divx.

Yet, this package includes everything you need and is pretty easy to use.

I'd like to backup some DVDs onto my media PC, but i've been thinking that most DVD ripping software out there just don't seem to work....What do you guys suggest using?

(I'm looking for something simple; put in a dvd click a button and end up with a dvix/xvid file)

ImTOO DVD Ripper

Xilisoft is fantastic I have found, easy to understand and use. Covers most formats for conversion. Get the DVD-MP4 going and you can go crazy, even on copyrighted stuff although I do not recommend this as its against the law :o

Oz

I too like AGK (Auto Gordian Knot), as a re-encoder (VOBs-->AVI). Fairly straight-forward to use. For DVD's which are encrypted you will have decrypt them first.

http://www.autogk.me.uk/

Dealing with sub-titles, special features, multiple audio tracks can be challenging.

Backing up a DVD is creating an exact duplicate of that DVD. Ripping a DVD typically involves decryption (where required) and re-encoding into a different format typically to enhance portability and reduce size.