Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Hearts 0 Celtic 3

Celtic kept alive with a convincing win tonight in Tynescastle. The game will be overshadowed by an attack on Neil Lennon just after the 2nd Celtic goal. A spectator hopped over the fence raced to the Celtic technical area and appeared to make some kind of contact with Lennon before being handcuffed and led away. There will be plenty of condemnation in the next few days with an inquiry to be held.

Celtic looked business like from the start and in the 12 minute Commons robbed Zaliukas who was far too ponderous and set up Hooper for an assured finish. Bad goal to give away from a Hearts point of view. Celtic were bossing things and Commons had a shot pushed on to the upright. Hearts were down to 10 men late in the first half when Obua was sent off for raising his arm to Mulgrew. Mulgrew had shouldered him as the were side by side on the touchline. It was the linesman decision and in truth seemed harsh as he barely made contact with the Celtic player.

With the advantage of the extra man Celtic started the 2nd half in determined moos and in the 49th minute Hooper made it 2-0 after being set up by Ki. Then followed the ugly scene on the touchline. Celtic were cruising and another assured finish by Commons with 12 minutes left made it 3-0. He had been booked earlier for diving and foolishly walked into the Celtic supporters to celebrate. 2nd yellow and he was off. He will miss the last gaame on Sunday.

So yet another helicopter Sunday awaits but I would be amazed if Rangers let it go at this stage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm

Very sad and completely sickening behavior,sectarianism at a complete all time LOW.

Especially after the recent bomb threats.:unsure:

Agree 100%. Totally unacceptable and I really feel for Lennon. I hope he has the balls to see it out.

Celtic 4 Motherwell 0

Celtic finished the campaign with an easy victory over Motherwell. In terms of the title it was superflous. Rangers had it wrapped up with 3 goals in the first 6 minutes at Kilmarnock. Celtic scorers were Hooper, Samaras, Maloney and McCourt on as a substitute.

Looking back on the campaign the shocking display at Inverness will be blamed for our demise but I felt at the time 3 home draws in succession before Christmas 2 from winning positions were omnious. Rangers can of course also highlight dropped points which they feel were also avoidable but when you come out on top it does'nt seem to matter that much.

Celtic have an opportunity next Saturday to obtain some consolation by winning the Cup. Like today Motherwell will be our opponents. I doubt if it will as one sided as todays game. One hopes that a focused Celtic will turn up.

Celtic news

Lennon unsure of future

May 20, 2011

Email

Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has admitted that he is uncertain of his future following a dramatic few months.

GettyImages

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has an uncertain future

Lennon has seen his Hoops side fall short in the SPL and the League Cup but they have the chance to end the season on a high and clinch some silverware when they take on Motherwell in the Scottish Cup final on Saturday.

More troubling though has been off-field matters this term as the Northern Irishman has been the subject of death threats, bullets in the post and an intercepted parcel bomb.

Lennon is on a rolling contract which has yet to be renewed and he admits he is not sure whether the Celtic board will want him to continue in the post.

"I don't know if that decision has already been made, or if tomorrow will have an effect on it one way or another," he told Sky Sports. "In our mind, we are just concentrating on tomorrow and things will be dealt with after Saturday.

"We'll talk about things in the week, we want to bring success to the club and the avenue we have now is the FA Cup final on Saturday and we will do anything we can to win it."

Lennon has expressed his desire to remain at Celtic beyond the end of the campaign and is pleased with a number of positives in the main this term.

"We have got a good relationship with the players and in the main they have been magnificent this season," he added.

"We are pretty pleased with the progress they have made and the performances and consistency they have shown this season. There is a good atmosphere at the club and we want that to continue."

BTW Mon the Well!! :D

Celtic news

Lennon unsure of future

May 20, 2011

Email

Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has admitted that he is uncertain of his future following a dramatic few months.

GettyImages

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has an uncertain future

Lennon has seen his Hoops side fall short in the SPL and the League Cup but they have the chance to end the season on a high and clinch some silverware when they take on Motherwell in the Scottish Cup final on Saturday.

More troubling though has been off-field matters this term as the Northern Irishman has been the subject of death threats, bullets in the post and an intercepted parcel bomb.

Lennon is on a rolling contract which has yet to be renewed and he admits he is not sure whether the Celtic board will want him to continue in the post.

"I don't know if that decision has already been made, or if tomorrow will have an effect on it one way or another," he told Sky Sports. "In our mind, we are just concentrating on tomorrow and things will be dealt with after Saturday.

"We'll talk about things in the week, we want to bring success to the club and the avenue we have now is the FA Cup final on Saturday and we will do anything we can to win it."

Lennon has expressed his desire to remain at Celtic beyond the end of the campaign and is pleased with a number of positives in the main this term.

"We have got a good relationship with the players and in the main they have been magnificent this season," he added.

"We are pretty pleased with the progress they have made and the performances and consistency they have shown this season. There is a good atmosphere at the club and we want that to continue."

If they lose today the Board will definately jettison him. He's already brought their club enough embarrasement with his disgraceful behaviour this season. Win today and it will be difficult for them to sack him.

Personally i'm torn between seeing the back of the foul mouthed, obnoxious, venomous wee turd or having him stay another year and letting Super Ally have a crack at him next year. Only problem is if he goes now Celtic might bring back a real manager like MON, which would be a much stiffer challenge for Ally in his 1st year.

Still can't bring myself to want "them" to win anything though. 'Mon the Steelmen - do it for 90% of Scotland ! :whistling:

If they lose today the Board will definately jettison him. He's already brought their club enough embarrasement with his disgraceful behaviour this season. Win today and it will be difficult for them to sack him.

Personally i'm torn between seeing the back of the foul mouthed, obnoxious, venomous wee turd or having him stay another year and letting Super Ally have a crack at him next year. Only problem is if he goes now Celtic might bring back a real manager like MON, which would be a much stiffer challenge for Ally in his 1st year.

Still can't bring myself to want "them" to win anything though. 'Mon the Steelmen - do it for 90% of Scotland ! :whistling:

If you are an example of 90% of Scotland God help the country. When you see a post like this it is not difficult to understand the mindset of those cavemen we have seen and heard about in the last few months. Now that you have given us the "benefit" of your "thinking" bugger off and leave this forum to people who can display some intelligence.

Scottish Cup Final:

Motherwell 0 Celtic 3.

Celtic captured the Scottish Cup for the 35th time with victory today. Celtic has most of the play for the opening half hour but had created very little. Samaras was at his infuriating worst doing his bull in a china shop routine. More stupidity from Majstorovic did not ease nerves. Losing the ball he lunged into a mindless challenge and was rightly booked. Later on in the first half he seemed to lose the flight of the ball in the very wet conditions handled and conceded a needless free. Thankfully he did not receive a 2nd yellow. Not the first time this season he displayed crass stupidity. Brown and Ki were also booked by the end of the half hour. Celtic showed little signs of a breakthrough and their odds of 4/1 on were looking riduculous.

Ki's next contribution was much more positive, receiving from Commons about 30 yards out he unleashed a thunderbolt which tore into the corner of the net. A terrific goal but any ideas Celtic were going to have it their own way were soon dispelled 3 minutes later when Gunning crashed a terrific shot against the Celtic Bar. Huge slice of good fortune for Celtic. Referee missed a handball on the edge of the Motherwell area nearing half time. It looked as if his view was obscured by another defender.

In the 2nd half apart from a shot saved by Forster Celtic had the better of things. Commons who was always featuring burst through but his touch was poor and chance went. Samaras also had a chance but as so often instead of hitting it just kept going and was crowded out. He was replaced by Stokes in the 68th minute.

After 76 minutes Celtic scored again when Commons laid it back to Mark Wilson for a shot which was deflected by Craigan past the unfortune goalie. Another break for Celtic. With the game now in safe keeping Forrest came on for Commons and Paddy McCourt made a cameo apperance for the last few minutes. Mulgrew made it 3-0 from a free kick with a few minutes to go.

So a good day for Celtic celebrated by all. Having battled back at Ibrox when we were a man and a goal down at halftime it makes this success just that bit more sweet. :)

No Salty i wont "bugger off " - football forums are all about differing opinions - this is mine. You don't have to agree.

Intelligence isn't measured by whether YOU agree with a statement or not.

You don't decide who can or cannot post on this forum.

Most neutral fans support the wee team in a cup final. Given what your manager has put my countrys football through this year i think 90% support for Motherwell throughout the country would be near the mark.

What "cavemen" behaviour are you referring ? This :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVzU1FGj4E

or this :-

No Salty i wont "bugger off " - football forums are all about differing opinions - this is mine. You don't have to agree.

Intelligence isn't measured by whether YOU agree with a statement or not.

You don't decide who can or cannot post on this forum.

Most neutral fans support the wee team in a cup final. Given what your manager has put my countrys football through this year i think 90% support for Motherwell throughout the country would be near the mark.

What "cavemen" behaviour are you referring ? This :-

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DPVzU1FGj4E

or this :-

What struck me immediately on reading the post was their total absence from the Rangers thread.......and there was me thinking there was a bit of sportsmanship here. Clearly one rule for us.....

Bad show lads is all I can say. :lol:

You want to post without antagonising then

you may find you will be answered with some

respect. Otherwise, forget it. I'm with Salty

on this one and agree that you should stick to

the pages that interest you, not the ones that

allow you to wind yourself up.

You want to post without antagonising then

you may find you will be answered with some

respect. Otherwise, forget it. I'm with Salty

on this one and agree that you should stick to

the pages that interest you, not the ones that

allow you to wind yourself up.

I feel perfectly at liberty to view or post on any forum or thread i choose and don't seek or ask permission to do so. Why would the Celtic thread be any different ?

As Rangers main rivals, the Celtic thread is of interest to me. Just like Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc supporters, look and contribute to each others boards. Not at all unusual.

My aim is not to antagonise and your suggestion to stick exclusively to your own board sounds like some sort of football forum apartheid to me !

Looks like it's you bhoys getting into a bit of a lather - not me.

Finally i don't seek your respect and very much doubt it would be forthcoming whatever my actions - thanks anyway.

Looks like Celtic are coming downunder. Just got this in my email through ticketek.

Former European Champions, Celtic Football Club, is set to join a growing list of world-famous football clubs to play at ANZ Stadium in Sydney and AAMI Park in Melbourne! The 42-time Scottish Champions will play two powerhouse A-League teams in July - The Central Coast Mariners on Sat 2 Jul, and then Melbourne Victory on Wed 13 Jul.

Make sure you get your tickets during the My Ticketek Pre-sale! Vic on sale to public Wed 8 Jun, 9am, NSW on sale to public Fri 27 May, 9am.

Celtic also taking part in Dublin SuperCup at end of July together with Man City and Inter Milan. Usually these pre season friendlies are like a cure for insomnia, but Celtic's presence should ensure a good turn out from the faithful on both sides of the Irish Sea.

Hearts ballboy pelted with coins by Celtic "fans" sustains brain injury !

I can only imagine what the reaction would have been if it was Rangers fans involved. Banner headlines in all papers, questions asked in Scottish parliament , etc, etc.

It's ok though because it was TGFITW and it was only the "craic" . Buried on page 23 of the Record ! Sweep, sweep. :huh:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/05/23/hearts-ball-boy-pelted-by-coins-from-celtic-fans-says-i-won-t-let-thugs-stop-me-86908-23150864/

It is disturbing to read about the thuggish behaviour of some Celtic "fans" at Tynecastle, and I hope the unfortunate young man makes a full and speedy recovery.

I have followed Celtic for over 50 years and I am not so naive as to believe all are paragons of virtue. I expect some of the local morons to spend most of the Ireland /Scotland game in Dublin jeering Rangers players not that it will unduly worry them.

As it says in the bible let he/they who are without sin cast the first stone. I have no intention of trawling through the Scottish newspapers looking for examples of bad behaviour by Rangers fans.People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Having the advantage of seeing most of the Celtic games on TV I have posted accounts of many of these games. I believe my comments have been mostly unbiased and I have not been shy about critizing Celtic players when I felt it was justified.

It is depressing that a relative newcomer seems determined to hijack the Celtic thread in the last week or so. Gloating over Rangers success in the League, bad mouthing the Celtic Manager and relishing the opportunity to highlight bad behaviour by Celtic "fans".

Gloating is always short sighted because things can change so quickly. In 2008 when we completed 3 in a row I was on a huge high and would not have felt the need to gloat about it.

Neil Lennon is certainly an abrasive character but he has been subjected to unacceptable behaviour ever since he signed for Celtic. He received death threats in Nortern Ireland and now is being subjected to having bullets posted to him and been attacked in Tynecastle. All fair minded people rather that bad mouthing him roundly condemn these developments.

If I read of bad behaviour of Rangers fans I do not feel the need to start mouthing about it on the Rangers thread. I know there are plenty who "support" both sides that all decent people would avoid like the plague.

I would hope that this thread can resume with mainly observations about Celtic football matters and not continue to be plagued by unwelcome intrusions.

It is disturbing to read about the thuggish behaviour of some Celtic "fans" at Tynecastle, and I hope the unfortunate young man makes a full and speedy recovery.

I have followed Celtic for over 50 years and I am not so naive as to believe all are paragons of virtue. I expect some of the local morons to spend most of the Ireland /Scotland game in Dublin jeering Rangers players not that it will unduly worry them.

As it says in the bible let he/they who are without sin cast the first stone. I have no intention of trawling through the Scottish newspapers looking for examples of bad behaviour by Rangers fans.People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Having the advantage of seeing most of the Celtic games on TV I have posted accounts of many of these games. I believe my comments have been mostly unbiased and I have not been shy about critizing Celtic players when I felt it was justified.

It is depressing that a relative newcomer seems determined to hijack the Celtic thread in the last week or so. Gloating over Rangers success in the League, bad mouthing the Celtic Manager and relishing the opportunity to highlight bad behaviour by Celtic "fans".

Gloating is always short sighted because things can change so quickly. In 2008 when we completed 3 in a row I was on a huge high and would not have felt the need to gloat about it.

Neil Lennon is certainly an abrasive character but he has been subjected to unacceptable behaviour ever since he signed for Celtic. He received death threats in Nortern Ireland and now is being subjected to having bullets posted to him and been attacked in Tynecastle. All fair minded people rather that bad mouthing him roundly condemn these developments.

If I read of bad behaviour of Rangers fans I do not feel the need to start mouthing about it on the Rangers thread. I know there are plenty who "support" both sides that all decent people would avoid like the plague.

I would hope that this thread can resume with mainly observations about Celtic football matters and not continue to be plagued by unwelcome intrusions.

Apologies Salty, i consider myself duly chastised. Please don't be depressed by my comments, they are intended as a mild "wind up" and are not intended to cause you or anyone else distress.

I totally condemn the actions of the idiots who have threatened Neil Lennon and sincerely hope they are swiftly brought to justice and dealt with. This is a seperate issue from my dislike of him and shouldn't be linked.

I acknowledge you as a better person with a stronger will than i, but i couldn't help myself with just a wee gloat after the league was won. Relief more than anything else. This was unnecessary.

Finally, i can see you are a fair minded and sincere man and will endevour to ensure any comments are factually based. If you see any comments by me just disregard and move on to the next post.

Finally, finally please lighten up a wee bit and don't take me so seriously.

And finally one that Salty should approve of :-

CELTIC Football Club is delighted today to announce that it has been declared the best in Britain for its matchday experience.

Celtic beat off stiff competition from top English Premiership and Championship clubs to scoop the award, which was accepted last night at a glittering ceremony at Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club.

The award recognises the matchday experience which involves all aspects of that day.

Award judges, Stadium Experience, employed a Salon Culinaire Chef to assess all that we provide to hospitality customers from the initial welcome, standards of food and beverage, atmosphere and service standards.

Celtic's Head of Catering David Stothers said: "To be voted the best in Britain is a magnificent achievement.

"We are very proud to accept this award, which is testament to all the efforts of our colleagues at Celtic Park.

"We like to think we offer our supporters and their guests the very best treatment and the very best Celtic experience - clearly this has been reflected in this award."

http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=22799&pid=323665&st=0entry323665

Apparently Celtic now get a bye into next years Masterchef competition ! :lol:

Yes, but to be fair Salty most 3rd strips are an abomination.

Look at this eyesore from Birminghan City from season 1992-93. Eek !

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/23/birmingham-city-for-sale-vintage-football-shirt-1992-1993-s_11542_1.jpg

Or this gem from Coventry City. Topped off with the obligatory 1970's perm.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/javaImages/6a/26/0,,10269~5777002,00.gif

My own personal favourite - looks like the designer just went out and bought a Hawaii shirt from Topman and stuck a sponsors logo on it. Scunthorpe actually wore this in 1994-95 season !

http://freebetbookmaker.com/images/uploads/scunthorpe.jpg

• 1 month later...

CB,

I trust you are alive and well and all set for the new season. The downside of being here is that there now appears to be no coverage of the SPL. A certain publication which gives the TV Sports listings show no indication of any coverage, so it looks as if you will be spared my usual post match

observations until the end of August when I return home.

It goes without saying that we need to hit the ground running. Last season both clubs won the first eight before we lost the 1st Old Firm game of the season. The margin stayed very tight right until the end when we came out of the wrong side. I do not anticipate things getting any easier this season. :huh:

CB,

I trust you are alive and well and all set for the new season. The downside of being here is that there now appears to be no coverage of the SPL. A certain publication which gives the TV Sports listings show no indication of any coverage, so it looks as if you will be spared my usual post match

It goes without saying that we need to hit the ground running. Last season both clubs won the first eight before we lost the 1st Old Firm game of the season. The margin stayed very tight right until the end when we came out of the wrong side. I do not anticipate things getting any easier this season. :huh:

They used to show the games on the South African UBC if i remember.

CB,

They used to show the games on the South African UBC if i remember.

You need a bar that shows GoalTv, schedule here,

http://www.goal.tv/schedules.php

Salty Old Son! It has been a while.

So you are in the Sandpit, I presume.

Enjoy yourself. Have a good knees up . . . . B) .

I watched the game on the computer at home. Fine

start. Missed penalty was poor, but at that stage

it didn't really matter. Was a wee bit surprised at

the attendance. Very low. Seemed to be more seagulls

than Hibs fans.

Anyway, that's us 2 points clear of 'you-know-who'

and we haven't played at home yet.

Enjoy ra beach!