Optimal Bittorrent Settings In Thailand

withnail

I'm currently running either shareaza or bit comet can anyone tell me what settings to use to speed things up. Also I'm getting system freezez using bit comet, I seem to remember reading somewhere that there's a way of fixing this. However I've done a search and can't find anything.

Please help

Withnail

Bit Comet freezes - I ran the TCP optimiser that comes with the True Billion installation disc. I'll share this too in DC++ when I am in. I ran settings for DSL (not ppoe) and then on the second tab set both 'max connections' to 100. (which is OTT but hey...)

I also upgraded to IE6 - but doubt this had any effect. Also run only one torrent at a time, and don't run it with DC++. Make sure your share ratio which is displayed for each torrent and an accumulated score under statistics in Bit comet is above parity (1:1) otherwise your Torrents will slow to a crawl.

Also set global UL bandwidth to no more than 80% of your Upload capacity - lower is better but you will have to seed longer to maintain a good share ratio.

Lastly under prefs/advanced/connection set max connections per task to 60, and connections to keep per task to 60.

I did all this and the freezes all but stopped.