Transportation Hat Yai Bus Station To Penang

bobroper

Can anyone tell me if I am able to get a mini-bus from Hat Yai bus station to Penang and where are the agents located and the approximate cost?

Never travelled from Bkk to Penang this way before, usually fly, but thought I would give it a try.

Any information would be appreciated.

Exit the bus station and across the road are a number of Mini van Agencies offering Penang, and other destinations. There are also several similar offices in Hat Yai town centre, which is easily reached from the bus station via songtaew. I'm sorry I can't give you up-to-date costs. Everything in Thailand is so cheap I usually don't bother to remember prices and it was a few years ago that I used public transport. I usually drive to Malaysia these days.

Another option would be to take the train from HY to Butterworth and the ferry over to Penang, much more pleasant than a mini van trip, but maybe the train times aren't convenient for you. Why not stay overnight in HY, visit Songkhla Town too, or are you in a rush?

Whatever you decide, have a pleasant time and I hope this is of some help.

Cheers, Rick.

Exit the bus station and across the road are a number of Mini van Agencies offering Penang, and other destinations. There are also several similar offices in Hat Yai town centre, which is easily reached from the bus station via songtaew. I'm sorry I can't give you up-to-date costs. Everything in Thailand is so cheap I usually don't bother to remember prices and it was a few years ago that I used public transport. I usually drive to Malaysia these days.

Another option would be to take the train from HY to Butterworth and the ferry over to Penang, much more pleasant than a mini van trip, but maybe the train times aren't convenient for you. Why not stay overnight in HY, visit Songkhla Town too, or are you in a rush?

Whatever you decide, have a pleasant time and I hope this is of some help.

Cheers, Rick.