What Do You Miss Most...

caretina

When dealing with a governmental agency, being able to go to one person (or one internet site) and getting a definitive answer as to the proper procedures and documentation needed.

You're obviously not a Brit then.

You have me there...proudly American :o

Our government runs on paper, just like any other. But you generally can find out what you need to do, even when it involves myriad forms.

Pubs. Pubs with Guinness. Pubs without bargirls and the dross that goes with them. Pubs. Pubs where you could have the craic. Pubs. Pubs with live music played by people under fifty. Pubs with comfy chairs and barstools and not hastily slung up bamboo shacks with a tinny music system blaring out boom boom boom I want you in my room. Pubs. Pubs. PUBS.

Not hearing a song sang..... "Rike a Lock". :o

And hearing songs sung with the verses in the proper order, with the right lines in each verse, rather then just mish-mashed together.

My mum, dad and hollands steak puddings - yummy.

Hollands pies aren't so tasty any more since they came under Chinese management; I think they lost the

recipe.

I live in Germany so I miss Thai and Indian food, pies, English cheese and many other things that I took

for granted in England; they just can't be had here in the provinces.

One consolation though, the beer and coffee are good here.

Decent British style bangers, good bacon, haddock & chips with mushy peas. Roast lamb, and friday night in t'pub with me mates having a laugh. I don't miss the weather though, and that by far out weighs the things I miss.

being able to put my mouth under a running tap (with cold, clean drinking water) at 4 am when your mouth is like a dessert from drinking beer the night before.

also a decent kebab.

Beirut and the other leb place near soi 11

being able to put my mouth under a running tap (with cold, clean drinking water) at 4 am when your mouth is like a dessert from drinking beer the night before.

also a decent kebab.

Beirut and the other leb place near soi 11

thanks for that, next time im in bkk its on my list

Although I'm living in the Philippines right now, I will include what I also missed when I was living in Thailand:

1. Good USDA Grade A beef.

2. Shirts that fit.

3. Going to a bank and finishing banking transactions (when it's not an ATM) in less than an hour.

4. Getting a straight answer to my questions.

Otherwise, there isn't a thing I miss about my old country. I'm in SE Asia by choice, not chance.

lifestyle & env:

Walking (sidewalks, clean air, cool temperature)

Blue skies and rivers

food:

mexican jalapenas - green pickled chilies

baklava, lukum and other turkish sweets

russian liquid plain yogurt kefir

roast lamb

camel milk

bratwurst german sausages

:o

... from your home country - living in thailand?

just a little survey.

for me it is definitively being cold and having to wear a pullover or even better: a warm jacket.

Marmalade on brown toast and not having to keep looking at the Thaivisa forum.

(I'm waiting in soi 2 for the rain to stop.)

number one is good mexican food. i also really miss intellectuals (yes there are some here but i am not meeting many of them) and people who understand my culture. i miss the type of art/music/films/literature/theater that is available in NY and not so much here.

oh, and whole foods i miss a lot! and winter, sometimes, especially around christmas!!!!

Edited by girlx

Trips on my brothers boat up the river dart in Devon and Devon clotted cream tea when we arrive at Totnes,in fact we are going back, had enough,. ! :o

Ohh Devon, the river dart, clotted cream and Totnes, I remember it well - beautiful fading memories of days past..... I particualrly enjoyed visiting the Newton Abbot cattle market when i use to go to Devon on camping trips when i was a child. My memories may have faded but they will never be erased.

bacon sausage and cheese staffordshire oatcakes and of course my mum and dad and son,with 2 grandkids now.josky is right what she says we miss them more than they miss us because they have a life to lead,we dont lol.i realy mean as far as i am concerned i think about them more probable because i am kee niou and they work for a living.

I miss loads of stuff from back home. I stock up on each trip back.

Biltong and Droer Wors

Milk Tart and Koeksisters

Appletizer and Yogisip

Ouma rusks

Decent chocolates

Larger selection of potato crisps

Smooth apricot jam