Roof Racks

Jonny B

hi, i am in need of some roof racks and mountings/brackets for my honda civic sedan in order to carry a 5+metre sea kayak. Does anybody know where i could get them fitted around bkk, chonburi pattaya area.

thanks for your help.

Hi Jonny,

Thule has a shop in Central World in Bangkok, on the 4th floor. Tel: 02 - 6461840

They carry the whole range of Thule products, including three different Kayak carriers.

Thule Hull-a-Port 835-1

Thule Kayak Carrier 874

Thule Hydroglide 873

In addition, you will need a roof rack for the above items to be fitted onto.

I looked at buying the Hull-a-Port 835. THB 8010.00 in Central world, less 10%. I enquired about 3 weeks ago, when the 10% discount was offered.

In the end I did not buy, as I have not made up my mind about which Kayak I would like to have.

I understand that you are looking in the Pattaya area. Perhaps you can telephone Thule in Central world, they may have a dealer in your area.

I have used a variety of Thule products many times whilst I lived in the UK. Very good equipment in my opinion although not cheap.

Prices here are very similar, if not a little more than in the UK.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Frm-Bkk

thanks alot for that fellas. FRM-BKK are you looking at getting a kayak here in thailand? im after this model http://www.wildernesssystems.com/tempest-170 which im in the process of trying to get it sent from america, bit pricy but i want it. let me know what you end up doing or your plans are and mybe we can get together to do some paddling.

hi, i am in need of some roof racks and mountings/brackets for my honda civic sedan in order to carry a 5+metre sea kayak. Does anybody know where i could get them fitted around bkk, chonburi pattaya area.

thanks for your help.

Any of the "4x4" shops on Sukumvit Chonburi Bangsaen sri racha AND Pattaya have basic "laddrer racks" - look for the roo-bars outside - do roof-racks. If you want thulle, a large proportion have them too.

• 8 months later...

to answer my own question i finally found a shop in bkk that fitted some racks for me, only 2700 baht and should do the job. the owner was also very friendly and helpful, will provide contatc details if anyone wants, the only problem is they are missing the rubber type strip that goes in the gap that runs along the top of them and the wind goes in there when driving so makes a bit of noise. Does anyone know where i could get some rubber or something similar put in there? pattaya, chonburi bkk area pls.

thanks

you can go to rangsit university area, there are alot of roof racks at cheap prices and alot of bull bars and what not over there.

go on the dindang highway, towards don-mueng airport, go all the way passed that airport,

to the next toll station, exit on left, pay, then go down, keep on the left. go down about 2-3ks,

you will see a sharp short turn to the left, to go down to tesco or big c (cant remember which one it is),

after turning left go stright for about 1km and you will start to see on your left hand side about 30shops that only do roof racks, bull bars, and what not.

apparently they are cheaper there then around anywhere else.

you can go to rangsit university area, there are alot of roof racks at cheap prices and alot of bull bars and what not over there.

go on the dindang highway, towards don-mueng airport, go all the way passed that airport,

to the next toll station, exit on left, pay, then go down, keep on the left. go down about 2-3ks,

you will see a sharp short turn to the left, to go down to tesco or big c (cant remember which one it is),

after turning left go stright for about 1km and you will start to see on your left hand side about 30shops that only do roof racks, bull bars, and what not.

apparently they are cheaper there then around anywhere else.

cheers mate, i already got the roof racks but unfortunately they havnt got the rubber strip running along the gap, so if i cant find it anywhere il check out where u said and see if they would have something there. thanks