Fitness Clubs In On Samui?

bubu

Hi world :-)

I am looking for a well equipped gym in Chaweng, Lamai, Big Buddha or Bophut area!

Any recommendations? Fitness are in a hotel would be OK also.

I found Neptune Chaweng already, and World Gym Chaweng and SuperPro Samui in Chaweng.

Who can recommend other places?

The fitness club should offer one-month-memberships!

I don't need any courses or lessons, only workout machines!

Used to be one at the junction of the Ghost road & the road leading up to Bandon. Only 1,000 baht for 3 months, best equipped & open from 6.30am- late but no air con...good selection of free & fixed weights pluse CV stuff as well....yes 1,000 for 3 months...check it out

[Take the main ring road to Chaweng, carry on to Bandon Hospitol, take that turning, about 1-1.5 clicks down on the left...hope it is still there...best equipped & best price as long as you dont mind fans rather than air con...I preferred it

this fitness is called 99 hotel, do not go to the hotel but to the complex, they host also badminton(cover) aswell as ping pong, pool etc etc.

the price is 500 month, you got all machines available BUT it's lacking for legs, thus only a leg press, no leg curl or leg extension.

all machines are in individual boxes with tv and fan, a frozen shower(yes not cold, frozen) is available after training.

the cheapest fitness club is in the jungle in chongmoen 20 bath for each entry but can't recommend it as it's lacking a lot of things.

this fitness is called 99 hotel, do not go to the hotel but to the complex, they host also badminton(cover) aswell as ping pong, pool etc etc.

the price is 500 month, you got all machines available BUT it's lacking for legs, thus only a leg press, no leg curl or leg extension.

all machines are in individual boxes with tv and fan, a frozen shower(yes not cold, frozen) is available after training.

the cheapest fitness club is in the jungle in chongmoen 20 bath for each entry but can't recommend it as it's lacking a lot of things.

No he is not talking about 99, he is talking about the "Jungle Gym"...the owner Thomas closed and went back to Germany about 3 or 4 months ago...sold all his equipment to muay Thai club on KPNG...gone.

OK, that means I don't have to try to find this place :-)

I need more recommendations pleeeazzze ;-)

good luck bubu! there just are not many gyms on the island and fewer that are decent and even fewer that are decent and have decent hours...if you find, let us know! :o

• 4 weeks later...
theres a full gym in the chaweng regent hotel ,monthly memberships,also the central hotel also in chaweng

@ lazeeboy do you know the prices for monthly memberships at chaweng regent beach resort?

@ all: do you know the superpro samui?

http://www.superprosamui.com/content/index.php

2000 baht for monthly membership ...

http://www.samuiphanganinfo.com/neptune.html

1790 baht, but it looks a bit older and not that modern ...

theres a full gym in the chaweng regent hotel ,monthly memberships,also the central hotel also in chaweng

@ lazeeboy do you know the prices for monthly memberships at chaweng regent beach resort?

Superpro is great!

I think I payed 1000baht/month only for gym there. I had a 3-months card then.

They also have thai boxing and excellent BJJ and MMA-training there!

Neptune is a little bit old in my oppinion.

It was ok a few years ago but from what I remember it was very expensive.

They closed and made some changes about a year ago but I havn't been there since.

The last thing I saw was that the building is for sale or rent.

i asked regent hotel for their prices ...

they offer 3-months-memberships only ... and longer.

but not 30-days :-(

I see.

I had a 3 months subscription I think and when I splitted it up it was 1000baht/month.

they wrote the 3-months-membership is 6500 ...

yesterday i also received an answer of the centara beach resort ... they have a 1-month-membership ... 2500 baht.

Oh I am sorry Bubu, I missunderstood you in my preivous post and answered all wrong. sry about that.

I mean that one months training at Superprosamui costs 1000 baht.

There is a gym just opposite of the Samui Town Center, just down the slope when you go from Big C towards Maenam, on the left side.

One month training there cost 1800 bath and they also have sauna.

Equippment is good there but I heared from a friend that thaipeople only pay 1000 baht/month.

Superpro is great!

I think I payed 1000baht/month only for gym there. I had a 3-months card then.

They also have thai boxing and excellent BJJ and MMA-training there!

Neptune is a little bit old in my oppinion.

It was ok a few years ago but from what I remember it was very expensive.

They closed and made some changes about a year ago but I havn't been there since.

The last thing I saw was that the building is for sale or rent.

how much was that

• 2 months later...