Slingplayer 2.0 Beta Released

marcus

A couple of days ago Slingmedia finally released their new player.

Their website says it's only for US boxes, but it works fine on my UK Classic model and the PRO.

The good things are :

* it buffers the stream for one hour, meaning that the player has limited timeshift possibilities now (you can pause the stream and rewind it, very much appreciated !)

* you can now enable the slingstream for higher resolutions as the 320x240 on the previous version (so you don't longer need to do it manually) resulting is a smoother stream

* it has an EPG, right now only for the US and Canada, so I wasn't able to test it

The bad things :

* you have to create an online "slingaccount", which means that the slingbox has to find your information online every time you want to connect. Deadly slow !

* there are a couple of bugs in the soft (it creates automatically new slingboxes in your directory, it's sometimes more difficult to connect)

* if you connect through a proxy, you have to configure it every time again if you want to use it.

All in all, I like the improvements very much, just hope that they fix the bugs soon !