Son Coming To Uk

Can anyone help me with a question I have regarding my son coming to UK.

I have Thai wife and we have an 8 month old son together,things arent going too good between us now and she is finding it difficult to take care of him on her own.

She now wants me to come over and get him and bring him back to the UK with me, we have an Irish passport for him but I want to know is it easy for him to leave Thailand with no visa stamps for thailand on his passport, and is there anything else I should do.

Thankyou to anybody who can help me on this.

Firstly, you might be able to get free legal advice from a soliciter in a citizens advice bureau back in the u.k. to see how things stand that end. Secondly , you should definately contact the home office and explain things to them. They will be able to advise you on any paperwork you need that end...i.e custody papers etc. Thirdly you might look up the Bangkok British Embassy website on the internet. They will give you all the advise you need regarding matters this end. One important thing is his birth certifacate. I'm pretty sure your name needs to be on it as the father. This is because if a child is to be taken out of country it will require both parents permission. I don't have children so this is all the advice I can give. Good luck anyhow.

There should no trouible taking your son to the UK on an Irish passport. However, from my limited understanding of parental responsibility, you should be able to demonstrate that you are/were married to your son's mother. If the child was born illegitimately, you would not be construed to have parental responsibility for him and would have to consider applying for a Residence Order once in the UK. Without this, you could not legally consent to your child receiving medical treatment etc.

Scouse.

There should no trouible taking your son to the UK on an Irish passport. However, from my limited understanding of parental responsibility, you should be able to demonstrate that you are/were married to your son's mother. If the child was born illegitimately, you would not be construed to have parental responsibility for him and would have to consider applying for a Residence Order once in the UK. Without this, you could not legally consent to your child receiving medical treatment etc.

Scouse.

Thanx Bangyai and Scouse for the advice. We were married after he was born and still are. I have the marriage certificate and birth certificate both translated and certified. Would I still have to apply for a Residence order once in the UK?