Thaksin And Wife Fail To Board Return Flight, No-show Sparks Exile Speculation

percy2

I thought it odd as well, especially when others like the "Taksin completes ManCity buyout" thread is still running (should have either been closed long ago or moved to the Football forum).

Maybe questioning Mrs T's weight is in violation of a forum rule ? :o

If that was the cause, I apologize. I was just speculating on a reason her weight wasn't recorded on her wanted poster AND she is quite portly, afterall.

If it well help soothe her hurt feelings any, she is still one hot mama.... :D:o

Edited by sriracha john

There is still plenty of mileage left in this debated thread and find it very mysterious indeed that no indication as to why, ???

If there has been some sort of violation then it is helpful to advise us all so we can avoid a repetition of it happening in other threads of a similar nature.

Just a personal view, by the way as a Thai Visa member.

It certainly hasn,t stopped being news and looks to be front page stuff for some time to come

The following is taken from The Nation which indicates that the PPP are Slightly upset Pissed Off by what i see as pathetic in the extreme.

FUGITIVE EX-PREMIER

People Power MPs up in arms over Thaksin

By THE SUNDAY NATION

Published on August 17, 2008

Seek explanation from Samak on why he failed to protect ex-PM's reputation.

What reputation /s <deleted> do they take people for.. Programmed Zombies

People Power Party members yesterday vented their anger at Prime Minister Samak Sunda-ravej for failing to protect the reputation of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Almost 200 party MPs and election candidates signed a letter urging Samak to clarify why police needed to circulate arrest warrants throughout the country with pictures of Thaksin and wife Pojaman.

They said the move was "disturbing" to many Thaksin supporters throughout the country.

About 40 MPs and party members from all regions met yesterday at the party headquarters.

Among those present were Yasothon MP Peeraphan Phalusuk, Chiang Mai MP Suraphong Tovichakchaikul, Bangkok MP Anusorn Panthong and Samut Prakan MP Natee Sutinphuak, an actor better known as Krung Sriwilai.

Peeraphan told a press conference after the meeting that their reaction reflected the general sentiment of people in their constituencies.

Suraphong said that almost 200 MPs and party members have signed the written request.

It will be presented to Samak tomorrow and they expect Samak to clarify the matter in person during a party meeting on Tuesday.

The group claimed many Thaksin supporters were disturbed and unhappy about the development. They agreed that Thaksin was treated unfairly as he has not |been convicted of any wrong-|doing, according to Peeraphan.

They also argued that Thaksin, as a former national leader who had contributed to the country, did not deserve to be treated as a criminal.

The opposition, however, criticised the prime minister for failing to respond publicly about Thaksin's attack on the country's justice system.

Deputy secretary-general of the Democrat Party Theptai Senpong yesterday lashed out at Samak for not making a public statement denouncing Thaksin's allegations about the judiciary. He said Thaksin's comments tainted the monarchy and Samak's silence cast doubt on his loyalty to the crown.

Theptai added that perhaps Samak was happy Thaksin is now no longer in Thailand because he had a more free hand at running things.

Meanwhile, deputy chair of the Senate foreign committee MR Preeyananthana Rangsit yesterday described Thaksin as "ungrateful". He said Thaksin has tainted the Kingdom's image in a statement defending his decision to skip bail.

Preeyananthana, an appointed senator, said none of Thailand's past leaders in exile had ever criticised the country like Thaksin did.

The senator defended the judiciary saying it was Thaksin who tried and failed to interfere with the process. He is a "sore loser".

The committee would meet with Foreign Minister Tej Bunnag to discuss Thaksin's extradition.

Unquote

As there is no indication of rule breaking, i hope it,s acceptable to post this here, to add evidence that this thread , if it hasn,t broken any rules is far from finnished.

It may of course be on the PPP thread or similar, but it,s still relevant to the closed thread, IMHO

Respectfully

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

LOL..... marshbags, my inimitable friend.... there's no surpassing your determination. :o

but I don't think we're going to get much traction moving the thread from the News Clipping Forum to the Forum Support Desk Forum to continue it. :D

I personally think it was somehow closed in error... a mouse misclick or something... and coupled with being the weekend, it's closure has remained un-addressed. Perhaps patience is key... in the interim, I'll PM a mod to see if it is, indeed, an overlooked glitch.

Absolutely the "story" is not finished.

Apologies again for the delayed response as well as for the inadvertent closure of the thread.

It is now open and available for comment.

Thank you BW, sorry for not reporting it earlier via the thread itself, when it happened, just pleased it wasn,t for any serious misuse of the forum rules, which was my main concern.

S.J. was spot on with his last post.

marshbags :o