Bangkok Dangerous

Karlm84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what nightclub was used for filming?

Well, that was the funny thing for me: They actually filmed those scenes at the nightclub that is really named Caribbean! I wonder if the club owners had to pay for this very good free advertising, as most if not all of the girls shown in the movie actually work(ed) there! ....So I have been told by a reliable source, not that I would ever frequent places like this... :o

I'm looking forward to Tropic Thunder. ..

Funny, funny movie!

robert downey jr was great in that movie

He was great in Ironman, too. He is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

I have to admit to some stupidity, though. I flew back to Washington DC for a business meeting, and near Chinatown, they had three huge 50-foot posters for Tropic Thunder hanging from a building. Each one was a picture of one of the big stars with their names plastered on the top. So one said "Stiller," one said "Black," and one said "Downey, Jr." I couldn't figure out why the one with "Downey, Jr." was of a black guy, so I actually went online to see if there was some obscure African-American actor who also had a last name of "Downey" and was a Junior.

Sorry to say but this was probably the worst movie I've seen all year. Best part was trying to glimpse places I might have been.

Anybody seen this film yet?

Ive seen the original Thai version and unfortunately found a little to be desired.

Ive seen a trailer for the new film with Nicholas Cage and it looks pretty good. Think they were filming in 06 but stopped when the coupt was going was going on, but now its complete and showing in the Uk next month.

So anybody seen it or got any views on whether its gonna be any good?

Please throw your thoughts into the ring

there was a lot of rumours to that effect.

The producers had a plane standing by for him (primarily for insurance reasons) but he didn't leave.

There is also a claim by the film's producers that filming only stopped for about 6 hours and that during filming of certain sequences that day, they can claim to have fired the only shots during the coup d'etat.

I'll clarify that for you, I added it to IMDB!!!!! It was the armourer who coined the only shot thing (and, yes, I have the t shirt!!) The producers had nothing to do with any claims, but were stopped filming because of the scene we were doing involved a lot of gunfire and it was deemd wise not to carry on!!!!!!

Cage jumped on a plane to take his wife and kid to Korea and was back working the next day, as were we all!!

Thought CON AIR was one of his better ones.

I enjoyed Bangkok Dangerous right through but the scene in the warehouse near the end could have been a lot shorter and I could happily have sat through a lot more of the nightclub scenes with the stunning coyote dancers and Aom (Panward Hemmannee)>>>

panward-hemmanee-001.jpg

Thought nudity was illegal in movies shown in Thailand? Surprised me to see it in this..they normally fuzz it over.

The whole of Bangkok Dangerous (1999) is on Youtube in 11 parts in Thai with English subtitles if you want to watch it>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd_31m97Ns

They used the Caribbean club in Rachada which I though was strange caus they didn't even change the name of the club for filming. Great place to burn some cash for a night and yes the girls there are that cute :o

Thought CON AIR was one of his better ones.

I enjoyed Bangkok Dangerous right through but the scene in the warehouse near the end could have been a lot shorter and I could happily have sat through a lot more of the nightclub scenes with the stunning coyote dancers and Aom (Panward Hemmannee)>>>

panward-hemmanee-001.jpg

Thought nudity was illegal in movies shown in Thailand? Surprised me to see it in this..they normally fuzz it over.

The whole of Bangkok Dangerous (1999) is on Youtube in 11 parts in Thai with English subtitles if you want to watch it>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd_31m97Ns

They used the Caribbean club in Rachada which I though was strange caus they didn't even change the name of the club for filming. Great place to burn some cash for a night and yes the girls there are that cute :o

It was the only time ALL the crew (including the ones that weren't needed) arrived early and didn't have a problem doing the overtime!!!!!! I can't imagine why! I know some people ended up with complimentary membership too!

A Thai friend emailed me this partial synopsis of the film:

I will told you about the movei Bangkok Dangerous.This movie star and finish in Thailand untill ending.

Nicorus Kate Actor from hollywood but the Lady maybe from Chiniese or Japaniese .I m not sue.

The story Nicorus kate .he is the killer from Russain.The Mafaer in Thailan pay the money to him for kill the 4 people in Thailand.Nicorus never know his boss is name and never see him befor.Same the Mafaer don t know Nicorus too.

When Nicorus arrived in Thailand he live in Youvarat.This place the movei want to show the Business Centre in Thailand for longtime ago.Have maney chiniese people live in this area .and have maney Mafaer in this place.Right now this area same the business Centre too.I don t know you want listen this story all not if you want i will email to you again to night.

:D better then ghost rider

You ARE joking - chai mai ? :o

Ghost Rider was an excellent movie (imho).

Bangkok Dangerous was average at best, stereotyped frequently and slightly patronising with the deaf and dumb chemist (Boots assistant). Although I did enjoy the action scenes in Thailand.