Holliday In Hua-hin Instead Of Pattaya.

katom

There is nightlife but it is not the reason for the town's existence. You can have plenty of fun but there are no big Tiffany and Alcazar-type shows. But the beaches are far superior and its really a Thai town with a western overlay unlike Pattaya which is a falang ghetto.

If you want Pattaya 2 then its not for you.

We(me and my girlfriend) live in Thailand and every year go to holiday in pattaya,however I got sick of the place (I really dont understand why as have everything,naughty life,cheap massage,nightlife,good food..everything.).

Thought to change this time to hua-hin,however I afraid we'll get bored..comparing to the VERY active life (day and night) of pattaya,I think it will be hard to compete,or at least be good alternative..what do you think?

We like to hung out on night time to dance and have a good time,daytime food,beach,shopping..

get a room in the guest house over the sea, backpacker kind of accommodation but unique. There are sharp, underwater rocks on the main beach and not many people swimms, so you to get to go further south. Unlike in pattaya, water is clean. Definitely a place to go with a girlfriend

yes ,the idea is to get the relaxing enviroment but then..what about other part of the day..

to sit on the beach can sit for about 3-5 hours a day max..

we'll see.. until now,it sounds really boring place for old people..

yes ,the idea is to get the relaxing enviroment but then..what about other part of the day..

to sit on the beach can sit for about 3-5 hours a day max..

we'll see.. until now,it sounds really boring place for old people..

From you comments I would suggest that you stick with Pattaya, it sounds like your kind of place ! Personally, I think that Pattaya is a dump, but every one to their own!

• 2 weeks later...

i think huahin is a great place pleanty to keep you from getting board, great beach,plenty of bars,lots of good eating western and thai,pattaya has gone down hill crime rate up rips off galore,not a place to live just a lot of perverts

The only thing bad about hua hin is the standard of the mid range hotels, you really need to stay in a more expensive hotel if you don't want to have "issues", water supply seemed to be the main one when we stayed there. It's a nice place than pattaya but nothing beats sitting in walking st and watching the zoo of life from russians in 70's disco fashions, groups of chinese & japanese being herded round like sheep with their eyes popping out, 6 ft tall men with fake tit's trying to be women and every other kind of freakiness you could wish for.

i think huahin is a great place pleanty to keep you from getting board, great beach,plenty of bars,lots of good eating western and thai,pattaya has gone down hill crime rate up rips off galore,not a place to live just a lot of perverts

good to know that one specific hypocritic pervert is not living in Pattaya :o

The irony is, Pattaya has, for a family man with kids, a great advantage over Hua Hin.

It may take 2 weeks to explore and enjoy ammenities little known to ...say...posters like you. Half of them have dozens of coaches packed with tourists, some even have helipads.

Once you are done with them, the kids are 1 year older and you can do it all over again.

2 weeks of all day events, without even touching the sands. When it comes to the beach, Pattaya has it's water park, far superior to all that thailand has together, combined (ok, except Siam Park in BKK).

What do you do in Hua Hin on a rainy day? For anyone, especially with kids. Stay in your room. Not even a proper shopping mall, no cinema.

Over last 7 years we spent probably 8 months worth of holidays in Pattaya. We still go for a day trip to gardens, zoos, elephant villages, tiger zoo, mini Siam...

Before the baby, we were regular at Hua Hin. Now, it is too boring for a kid there.

Not that we go holidaying to Pattaya any more, BKK Siam Park has all we need and our home in BKK is better than any hotel

The irony is, Pattaya has, for a family man with kids, a great advantage over Hua Hin.

It may take 2 weeks to explore and enjoy ammenities little known to ...say...posters like you. Half of them have dozens of coaches packed with tourists, some even have helipads.

Once you are done with them, the kids are 1 year older and you can do it all over again.

2 weeks of all day events, without even touching the sands. When it comes to the beach, Pattaya has it's water park, far superior to all that thailand has together, combined (ok, except Siam Park in BKK).

What do you do in Hua Hin on a rainy day? For anyone, especially with kids. Stay in your room. Not even a proper shopping mall, no cinema.

Over last 7 years we spent probably 8 months worth of holidays in Pattaya. We still go for a day trip to gardens, zoos, elephant villages, tiger zoo, mini Siam...

Before the baby, we were regular at Hua Hin. Now, it is too boring for a kid there.

Not that we go holidaying to Pattaya any more, BKK Siam Park has all we need and our home in BKK is better than any hotel

I personnaly found Hua Hin boring and I agree with gymshark good medium range hotels are difficult to find for a responable price. We did eventualy find one with vacancy but it was away from the bars and restaurants. We spent three nights there but then returned to Bangkok for the rest of the week.

Bars okay, great sea food but I prefer the likes of Krabi

Hua Hin has a cinema, bowling alley, HomePro, Villa and Tesco Lotus, far fewer brothels, etc.

All that together would fit in 1/4 of one of 4-5 or more Pattaya malls.

Even feels like the place is intentionally undeveloped - it used to cater for people who don't need or want more. Could be, that's how they want it to remain.

An attempt not to be left out, they have jumped on the wagon (with mini Tesco/Lotus) , it just pronounces it's inferiority.

The beach, although cleaner, is of the same type, similar murky water and shares the same lack of seagulls as in Pattaya.

It's a pure silica where the birds do not find calcium for their digestion.

Its pointless making comparisons between Hua Hin and Pattaya. They're chalk and cheese.

Hua Hin is a great place to live bring up a family etc, but it has limited (boring) nightlife. When we want a bit of a blast we go up to Bangkok.

I used to go to Pattaya when I first started coming to Thailand but its full of scum now and not worth a w**k.

For a beach resort with a bit of everything, particularly good nightlife, I'd go to Phuket.

If coming over with mates and looking for a bit of a time then it has to be Pattaya over Hua Hin, you'd die of boredom in HH, you probably won't die in Pattaya.

Cheers,

Edited by Burgernev

it just pronounces it's inferiority.

a comment of astounding stupidity , if i may say so.

as somebody just said , they are like chalk and cheese.

what hua hin would promote as its advantages , pattaya would consider to be disadvantages and vice versa.

there is no shortage of people , both young and old , for whom the relaxing and unpressured lifestyle that hua hin has to offer is all that they need for their break or their lives . the nightlife is there , but its lowkey , this is a thai town and thais like their nightlife too. no shortage of girls , drinking and dancing.

for others the excesses of pattaya are more fulfilling.

the addition to hua hin of huge shopping malls , mega coaches filled with gawping zomboid tourists , helipad equipped massage parlours , in your face nightlife areas and all the bad stuff that goes along with that would just take away its essence.

you can do all there is to do in hua hin in a couple of days , a week if you also visit the truly spectacular national parks and deserted coasline closeby , and after that you engage in some conversation , some thought , you read a book , your entertainment comes from within , instead of having it thrown in your face like a custard pie in the amusement parks , american style shopping malls brothels and go go bars of pattaya.

there is a time and a place for both kinds of resorts. but dont go to one and expect it to be like the other.

if you want pattaya style , go there , because if you go to hua hin you wont like it and will be disappointed. if you want hua hin style , then dont go to pattaya.

as for think too mut , best he stays at home ( the one thats better than any hotel), he sounds like a party pooper anyway.

it just pronounces it's inferiority.

a comment of astounding stupidity , if i may say so.

as somebody just said , they are like chalk and cheese.

what hua hin would promote as its advantages , pattaya would consider to be disadvantages and vice versa.

No need to quiote all the drivel from your post, it clearly shows fundamental lack of understanding on your part.

Listen: Pattaya is a Cineplex that is showing 20 different movies at any time, you choose what you feel like.

Hua Hin shows only 1 and you are stuck.

With "zomboid" tourists in coaches - Hua Hin receives mostly exactly them, just fewer as it has no facilities to accommodate more.

Edited by think_too_mut

The 'Chalk and Cheese' comment sums it up for me. I much prefer Hua Hin although on my next visit I'll find my accomodation a bit further away from the fish markets. Take a couple of days to drive South and see some of the spectacular coastal scenery.

Listen: Pattaya is a Cineplex that is showing 20 different movies at any time,

going on vacation and watching films ? how sad is that. dont you do enough of that when you are home ?

you will be even more angered when you know that the hua hin cinema only shows films in thai , thereby forcing tourists into uncharted levels of boredom and depression as they find that entertainment here doesnt grow on trees and they actually have to think for themselves instead of submitting themselves like sheep to the usual diet of artificial "entertainments" other resorts offer.

like i said , hua hin leaves you alone , it doesnt interfere , it doesnt get in your way. thats the big attraction.

Listen: Pattaya is a Cineplex that is showing 20 different movies at any time,

going on vacation and watching films ? how sad is that. dont you do enough of that when you are home ?

you will be even more angered when you know that the hua hin cinema only shows films in thai , thereby forcing tourists into uncharted levels of boredom and depression as they find that entertainment here doesnt grow on trees and they actually have to think for themselves instead of submitting themselves like sheep to the usual diet of artificial "entertainments" other resorts offer.

like i said , hua hin leaves you alone , it doesnt interfere , it doesnt get in your way. thats the big attraction.

Reading comprehension or you just don't get even such a simple metaphor as Cineplex (Pattaya) and single screen cinema (Hua Hin)?

Why did it confuse you so badly? Because both places have Cineplex, literally.

That thing with Cineplex did not mean that Pattaya has a bigger Cineplex than Hua Hin (although it actually does).

That meant Pattaya offers more choice, in terms of public convenience amenities (water parks, zoos, tropical gardens with zoos and amusement....). I tried to put it simple, linking it to Cineplex with many movies to choose from, including 1 that, figuratively, represents Hua Hin.

Would this be easier to get: Hua Hin is a subset of what Pattaya is.

Edited by think_too_mut

In answer to the OP, I've not been to Hua Hin but why not give it a try? It's not like you're the other side of the world from Pattaya so if you don't like it jump a bus to Bangkok and another down to Pattaya and hey presto you've done two places.

Better to try something and not like it than to miss the experience altogether (with some notable exceptions). At least thereafter you will be able to contribute to conversations speaking from personal experience.

I find it interesting that some people can go to a place for a few days and become experts on it. Feel that they have all the answers, and don't think anyone else should have a opinion, unless it agrees with theirs.

Personally I find Hua Hin to busy for me and don't go there very often. I'm 20 minutes away in Cha Am. Now if you want a place with no amenities at all Cha Am is the place to be. No Cineplex, no nightlife, no bowling alleys, no shopping malls but a great beach and good restaurants. Hopefully it will stay just the way it is.

Not everyone needs to have all the amenities of Pattaya or BKK to enjoy life. Nothing wrong with wanting the amenities just saying they are not for everyone.

Think too mut, I think you are not getting why some of us choose to live in Hua Hin.

Yes it has far less facilities than other bigger resports, it has less farangs, less traffic, less in-your-face nightlife, less meth freaks, less crime ..... but guess what? That's why we like it here.

If Hua Hin had 4 malls, a 10 screen Multiplex thing etc etc it would be because it was a big busy place, thankfully its not.

If we wanted to be part of the set instead of the sub-set we would be living in Pattaya. Every now and then some of us want Nana and Q-Bar so we pop up there for it, but I don't want to live with it.

Horses for courses and all that.

Cheers,

Edited by Burgernev

Think too mut, I think you are not getting why some of us choose to live in Hua Hin.

No, no, that's cool, living there.

What I am arguing is - for a holiday, with kids, Hua Hin is boring and nothing for kids to do.

The paradox is - before I had kids, Hua Hin was our default destination. 10 weeks over 2 years.

Since the baby became able to walk, we switched to Pattaya and all the amenities that keep children amused and active outdoors. For worst case, there are shopping malls to spend time when it is raining.