Normal Cat Behaviour?

Our eldest female when on heat will (thankfully) have nothing to do with the 2 toms we have. I say thankfully as they are her grandsons. If the start trying anything, she just sits down blocking all attempts to mate. When the coast is clear she usually toddles off to see the regular mate for a few days. Is she acting in a typical cat fashion?

Not really sure, I thought cats were not really difficult re finding partners.

No experience either, domestic cats should be spayed/neutered anyway IMO, as are all my cats.

You'll get much more loving animals, and in the case of females you'll reduce the risk for cancer later on in her life as well!

For females it would actually be good to let her have one litter and then spay, that is if you can handle the kittens or can place them with good families!

It is typical for female cats (and for that matter I think females of most species) to be picky about whom they will accept as a mate.

Agree though that you shouls have her spayed. Too many homeless kittens in Thailand already....and spayed cats live longer (among other things less likely to roam far afueld and risk being hit by a car)

Yes, this is normal cat behavior...normal for dogs also.

As "slutty" as a cat in heat may act, they can be somewhat choosy, same with dogs.

Often with a pack of dogs, the group will act to prevent certain animals from mating...I have not observed this in cats.

I did not see anywhere that the OP asked for anyone's opinions on spaying/neutering. The benefits of doing such are well known, and I agree that animals not kept specifically for breeding should be spayed or neutered.

But that was *not* what the OP asked.