Why It Is So Difficult?

ajarnmark

I am not ranting, but ThaiVisa forum is full of the posts that all foreigners (not just farangs) are marrying bargirls. :D

Do you all believe sincerely, that all foreigners marry bargirls, prostitutes etc.?

Is there anyone who marries to a nice girl? I believe a lot. But why we immediately assume that ALL Thai girls are hookers?

I strongly believe that there are a lot of good Thai girls and many foreigners marry those good girls, especially those who are NOT white skinned!

I am expecting a lot of attack due to this post. But I am completely :D so please forgive me if I touched your Achilles vein. :D

So what about those guys who have a decent gf/wife and all of you believe that this girl was a hooker in the past, although she is NOT. :o

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not ranting, but ThaiVisa forum is full of the posts that all foreigners (not just farangs) are marrying bargirls. :D

Do you all believe sincerely, that all foreigners marry bargirls, prostitutes etc.?

Is there anyone who marries to a nice girl? I believe a lot. But why we immediately assume that ALL Thai girls are hookers?

I strongly believe that there are a lot of good Thai girls and many foreigners marry those good girls, especially those who are NOT white skinned!

I am expecting a lot of attack due to this post. But I am completely :D so please forgive me if I touched your Achilles vein. :D

So what about those guys who have a decent gf/wife and all of you believe that this girl was a hooker in the past, although she is NOT. :o

The guys who marry bargirls never admit they were bargirls, But its bloody obvious!

The guys who marry bargirls never admit they were bargirls, But its bloody obvious!

Boo can i ask you if you live in Thailand or have ever even been to Thailand. Your comments are niave to say the least.

Cheers, Rick

May I put my 'two penneth' in ? I have had a quite scary time this last 8 weeks or so and there was a girl who was taking care of me. Not 'care' in the sexual format, but my interests and my health. She came to the 'city' to work with a friend in a store. however, it never transpired as she was more concerned about I. She never asked for money, she used to buy the nicest and cheapest food for us both, obviously, with my money. I always got my correct change, accompanied with a receipt, esp from the convenience shops.

In fact, she has now returned home to the North to work on her father's little rice farm and MSN's me frequently, at the moment.

In fact, she was my 'ANGEL'. Maybe, I was lucky, I am unsure. Or was this meant to happen?

I do not know if I have any feelings for her, but if I decide I do, I already know, she is too young for me.

Edited by TEFLMike

The 'Good Girls'. When they begin asking for vast sums, are they really any better than the others?

I am certain I have never dated a bar girl or a girl who worked in a bar previously. I know many who do and pay them a monthly sum. At least they know where they stand. Well, until the BG wants the same house and land and and and :D

Being :D is OK :o

Boo can i ask you if you live in Thailand or have ever even been to Thailand. Your comments are niave to say the least.

Cheers, Rick

I do not know if I have any feelings for her, but if I decide I do, I already know, she is too young for me.

One question I would ask above all,

Why quote the whole post with a few lines of your response, I find that more interesting?

Cheers, Rick

One question I would ask above all,

Why quote the whole post with a few lines of your response, I find that more interesting?

Moss please educate us on this one?

cheers, Rick

I wouldnt say the majority of farangs in los are cream of the crop type.

Good thai girls know what tons of farang here for, they wouldnt want to touch one with a metallic pole if they can help it.

On the other hand girl s throwing themselves at farangs are the ones that have to, the rural ones. They want marriage they got to take the bottom of the barrel kind of farang.

In either case i dont mean all, but many. Enough to see a trend.

This topic comes up so often dont people read pages and pages of prior material on this subject. One that is against the rules btw.

Much better to deal with a person then a label.

Are all falangs fat, smelly drunks?

The trouble with generalities is that they are generally right. Pointing to exceptions doesn't disprove the rule.

Nice Thai girls tend to stay with their own, and girls who are different for whatever reason may gravitate towards farangs. 'Normal' relationships grow over a period of time, and usually there is some arena or social group from which they develop.

I don't think people are being harsh, they are stating it as it is.

Maybe the paying field is opening up for youngsters though.

Moss please educate us on this one?

cheers, Rick

It is very easy to edit posts and it adds to the clarity of the thread and your particular answer, if your reply is directed at the particular part of the quote you are responding to, if you do not know how this is done, post a question Here in Forum Support, you will find a host of people willing to help you.

It took me some time and I still take some stick because of my use of the multiple quote function, but believe me it is better for clarity.

The trouble with generalities is that they are generally right. Pointing to exceptions doesn't disprove the rule.

The English don't wash

The Scots are all mean

The Irish all drink to destruction

The Australians are lousy lovers ( brace yourself Sheila )

The Americans are all loud

The French are all great Chefs

Yeah Right!!!

The English don't wash

The Scots are all mean

Yeah Right!!!

These are silly stereotypes with little basis in reality. The generalisation that Fat Nobby comes over to Pattaya and meets Lek who happens to work in a bar in Pattaya has some basis in reality and has been repeated exponentially.

But, yes generally the Irish who do seem to have more than their fair share of boozers, and I have met quite a few very thrifty Jocks.

Maybe it's a 'more than less' than thing.

Maybe we just don't like to see life for what it is.

There is a tendency to point towards the exception these days rather than just say what is in my view.

Plenty of bargirls that are nice girls, and plenty of non bargirls who are not so nice. Point being - judge each individual, not as a group. :o

Exactly. Met some great girls working in bars and some absolute fuc_king witches who don't.

May I put my 'two penneth' in ? I have had a quite scary time this last 8 weeks or so and there was a girl who was taking care of me. Not 'care' in the sexual format, but my interests and my health. She came to the 'city' to work with a friend in a store. however, it never transpired as she was more concerned about I. She never asked for money, she used to buy the nicest and cheapest food for us both, obviously, with my money. I always got my correct change, accompanied with a receipt, esp from the convenience shops.

In fact, she has now returned home to the North to work on her father's little rice farm and MSN's me frequently, at the moment.

In fact, she was my 'ANGEL'. Maybe, I was lucky, I am unsure. Or was this meant to happen?

Yes they are there.

You just got to look listen and learn.

Cheers, Rick

Spot on.

It's so difficult to believe because of the stereotyping you read so much about. What I find difficult to believe is that so much of it can be found on a Thai forum, presumably by people who reside, vacation, or spend time here. There are a multitude of circumstances and people (of all shapes, sizes, and ages) that create different situations and/or relationships. Generalizations abound. However, many foreigners meet, marry, and live happily ever after with bar girls, street girls, "nice" girls, "bad" girls, etc. Some get taken advantage of. We all do to some degree. I don't care how old, fat, bald, or ugly (I'm sure I'm missing some relevant adjectives) you are, anything is possible. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Edited by Shotime

My Thai fiancé has three University degrees including a Masters from an Australian University. As far as I know she has never worked in a bar or as a sex-worker. Does that mean she is a “nice girl”? I’ll have to think about that and let you know…

The English don't wash

The Scots are all mean

Yeah Right!!!

You actually got most of those right (most, not all), but i can add way more.... :o

Regarding the title "Why is it so difficult - to assume foreigners can marry a good girl",,,

It's not difficult at all to assume anything, including "I assume your were drunk when you started this topic" or "Why is it so diffucult to assume dogs can marry cats?"

Ofcourse you can find a nice girl from decent background or "higher class" the reason why most of you dont is because they are not desperate or have to "settle" for a farang that is lets say fat, ugly etc, they have many options farang or not. But the other girls we will take anything then can, thats why you see alot of "what the hel_l is she thinking??!!!!! Around Thailand.........