Suicide Drama At R-con Residence: Soi Buakhaew

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: August 18th 2008

SUICIDE DRAMA - UPSET WITH FARANG BOYFRIEND

A Thai woman from Pisanuloke province, who accused that her foreign boyfriend had an affair, made a suicide attempt by leaping off the 4th floor building. Fortunately, she only sustained minor injuries.

Pattaya – August 18th, 2008, at 7.20am, Pol.Maj. Kriengkraiwut Bua-kla, Pattaya investigator, received a phone call that a Thai woman had leapt off the building and got injury. Police team and Sawang Boriboon rescue rushed to the incident at R-Con Residence, Soi Bua-kao, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

At the rear car park of the residence, Miss Machima Supa, (23), from Pisanuloke province, was crying in pain, lying on the concrete floor after leaping off to commit suicide from the 4th floor balcony of room No. 417 at the apartment. She had sustained the head broken wound and scrapes on her arms and legs. Mr. Stimpson Timothy Wayne, (30), her boyfriend, from The US, was holding her hands and crying among witnesses. Sawang Boriboon rescue team , immediately took Miss Machima to Pattaya memorial hospital for treatment.

Police found Miss Machima was drunk and had a round with Mr. Wayne, after she had found out that Mr. Wayne had an affair but he did not admit it. Miss Machima was hurt and feeling neglected then had made a suicide attempt by leaping off the 4th floor balcony. Fortunately, she had fallen onto the awning of the first floor before hitting the concrete floor and sustained broken wound on her head.

She had sustained the head broken wound and scrapes on her arms and legs.

what is a head broken wound? :D did she just split her head open or was it a cracked/broken skull?

Yes excellent reporting from another illiterate, this is my favourite bit "Police found Miss Machima was drunk and had a round with Mr. Wayne" John perhaps ? :o

Yes excellent reporting from another illiterate

lets see if you could translate the article into thai and not be accused of illiteracy by any thais who read it.

the english is not perfect , but it is easily understandable to any english speaker , the writer is far from illiterate.

lets see if you could translate the article into thai and not be accused of illiteracy by any thais who read it.

the english is not perfect , but it is easily understandable to any english speaker , the writer is far from illiterate.

:o:D:D . dont take it personally

Ok i was a bit hard, however i think someone doing this for a living should be capable,..i beleive it was copied from an English language newspaper,

A Thai woman from Pisanuloke province, who accused that her foreign boyfriend had an affair, made a suicide attempt by leaping off the 4th floor building.

Well they are learning...wasn't it just a couple days ago one bird tried it from the 2nd floor of a building :o

Oh and she didn't notice the awning directly below her before she jumped? Pleeeaase.

Another attention seeker succeeds by the sound of her dimwit boyfriend crying at her side. Don't forget that the 4th floor is actually the 3rd floor to us brits, so she fell 20 ft onto an awning, and then 10 ft onto the ground.

Rather a non-news story in my book, but this is Libya's speciality, gotta keep that post count up somehow.

I don't know why taxexile is getting all defensive, PCN are normally one of the better English speakers, but it appears that their translator is on holiday as this is the 2nd story we have had which is, in the main, unintelligible. (Those online translators just ain't the same).

I actually enjoy the mistranslations that appear in the Pattaya English language press, very often they lend a little humour to a makeweight piece on a slow news day. It's a bit like the mistranslations on English language menus in Thai restaurants.

The ones that get me those made by largish companies in PR handouts and advertising. Many of these companies are not short of money and you'd think they'd hire a native English speaker, on an as needed basis, to proof read what they propose to put out (business opportunity?). But, judging by some of the offerings seen from native English speakers on TV, maybe they do but someone should tell them that Brits propping up beer bars may be more fluid than fluent.

Now if this had been a farang guy, everybody would have said something like that he was a victim, a poor bastard, whatever. Now it is a Thai woman and some of you........ :o:D

I wouldn't have said he was a victim, I would say he would be very weak, with no self respect... I do feel sorry for some people taking their lives when serious things happen.. but for farangs to jump out of windows cause some prostitute has left them... come on! Thats lame, a real sad excuse of an individual

Now if this had been a farang guy, everybody would have said something like that he was a victim, a poor bastard, whatever. Now it is a Thai woman and some of you........ :o:D

I wouldn't have said he was a victim, I would say he would be very weak, with no self respect... I do feel sorry for some people taking their lives when serious things happen.. but for farangs to jump out of windows cause some prostitute has left them... come on! Thats lame, a real sad excuse of an individual

Suicide- A permanent solution to a temporary problem. I am afraid I can not sympathise with people that think in such short term ways. There is always another chance to smile or laugh in life no matter how bad things seem. Jesus, why throw yourself off a building because your BG left you or you are out of funds, just go home to your country of origin with your tail between your legs and tell all and sundry what a terrible place Thailand is because you could not control your small brain, then save your pennies and come back and do it all over again. :D

.......................you are out of funds, just go home to your country of origin with your tail between your legs and tell all and sundry what a terrible place Thailand is because you could not control your small brain, then save your pennies and come back and do it all over again. :o

Almost the story of my last four years.

Not out of funds but they were getting low and no work to top them up.

Did not go back with my tail between my legs - not my style.

No, told all and sundry what a great place Thailand is and how I am working to get back there.

Didn't save the pennies, takes too long, fifty pound notes is quicker.

Not back there, long term, yet but in the vicinity making money while the boom continues.

Yes, I'll probably come back and do it all over again, but that is what money is for. No point being the richest cadaver in the graveyard. :D

I wonder what the Thai boyfriend wants for hospital and pain and suffering compensation from the American sponsor boyfriend??

What a total joke. Wake up and smell the bullsh*t.

Where in this topic do you read anything about a thai boyfriend and/or compensation?

basjke: Maybe, you can read between the lines???

It is highly likely that this girl is under pressure to keep the sponsor/ATM machine working for the boyfriend or family, so she pulled off this stunt in order to win back the favor of the big buffalo. (The American was seen crying and holding her hand at the scene). So, this stunt worked well, and now, she is back in business and fully employed again....no need for her to worry about a cheating sponsor butterfly boyfriend because she is back to the number one slot after this tragic case of 2 story suicide attempt. Give me a break.....the farangs always seems to jump from 20 stories up in Jomtien condos, so I take it that this stunt was simply done to get the sponsors attention back and to maintain the money machine.

I'm not claiming 100% that this is the case, but in Pattaya, this is very common to find a Thai lady with a Thai boyfriend or husband, especially if she has a baby and needs money to support. OK 2-10% don't have Thai boyfriends/husbands. Maybe she falls within that group, but I doubt it.

Have you ever seen all of the Thai boyfriends/husbands driving their gf to work at the bars? Have you ever seen all of these same couples shopping together in the malls? Then, you can see these same couples going with farangs.

Edited by innovator

It is sad enough that she tried to kill herself. Some of the comments here are really well off topic and tasteless...

Mate, you must be as gullible as the rest... That's the point of all the comments made here, they aren't off topic and tasteless because she didn't actually try to kill herself!! All we're doing is taking the piss, cause it's all a bit silly..

EXACTLY!!!!!! Cudaproject is right on target. The point is clearly that if she really meant to die, she would have chosen a jumper condo or some other sure shot height. But, the report indicated that she only jumped from 3 stories up onto a ridge, that broke her fall and then she tumbled to the ground about 10 feet. Sure, it is sad that she was injured, but quite stupid to pull off this stunt for attention.

Wake up and smell the bullsh*t.

This is the reason why I choose to live in a bungalow with my complete nutbar of a wife. Anyone want to trade? Goats & other livestock accepted as part exchange.

Because you were afraid if you lived, at least, 10 stories high, you might have thrown her off? Maybe we can just swap apartments. I'm on the 23rd floor, but there's a swimming pool at the bottom.

No way she faked suicide because she saw the awning 20 or 30 feet below, and there are some cold posts here. Bitter even.

OK. If you truly feel that she did try to commit suicide, then fine. There are those that will feel that way and take pity.

However, there are those in the stunt camp that feel that this was yet another attempt at attention. I have witnessed similar, fake suicide jumps and wrist cutting with knives and some other stupid types of behavior to simply get attention. Don't underestimate some of these antics as fake, as they are. However, there are some real attempts and those are very sad.

However, you have to consider the motive in each case. In this story, the reporter claims that the lady was upset about an alleged affair.

I have a few questions.

1. Were these 2 people legally married? (If not, then the man was not committing any crime or adultery if they are simply dating).

2. Have you ever heard of anyone having multiple partners in Pattaya? I think it is quite common. So, it is natural behavior, especially if they chose to live on Soi Bukaauo which is full of working girls.

3. How long were they together? Was this a short duration or long duration relationship? Most of these girls are used to this type of behavior from the men, and they even make false accussations on a daily basis. They are so insecure with these financial relationships that they make false statements about their sponsor having another lady.

Following these points, it seems highly likely that if they can make false statements about having affairs, that they are capable of pulling of stunts. There is no doubt that she wanted to harm herself for attention, which is terrible. But, I doubt that she really wanted to kill herself.

4. Does she have a baby? If so, then it is very unlikely that she truly wanted to commit suicide.

Perhaps a 4th story jump would be enough to end the life....

But, what was the true motivation? Was it a deep love for the farang? Was it because she had broken heart because he had a short-time with another girl? Was it about money? Was she at the end of her rope without money? Did she have any other outside pressure placed on her about money, like another boyfriend?

Yes, I agree that this attempt may have been a deliberate attempt at suicide. Now, she is very lucky to be alive and that is the good news.

Now, we must learn about her motivation. This woud reveal a lot about her intentions and if her jump was truly related to her farang boyfriend having an alleged affair or short time with another girl on Soi Bukkau. (hard to believe that anyone would have a short time on a soi with thousands of working girls winking, smiling, and aggressively offering themselves).

In order to begin to prevent these types of jumps in the future, we will need to investigate the motivation behind the jumps. If we can learn the truth about the motivation, then we can begin to provide the necessary treatment and education to help those in need before they make the jump.

In the end, it is not about why/how and when/what, but rather, it is about trying to provide assistance to those folks in need. There seems to be an over-supply of suicidal folks in Pattaya. It is truly sad.