The Thai Bride

leftcross

i just got a dvd from the uk with, among other things, a short tv film called ''the thai bride''.

it is only 30 minutes long but i thought it was absolutely brilliant (except the main actress looks a bit like a filipino).

not sure if this is on the net somewhere but if you get the chance to see it i reckon you'll like it.

dont want to mention the plot so i dont spoil it.

it's a drama/horror by the way.

i just got a dvd from the uk with, among other things, a short tv film called ''the thai bride''.

it is only 30 minutes long but i thought it was absolutely brilliant (except the main actress looks a bit like a filipino).

not sure if this is on the net somewhere but if you get the chance to see it i reckon you'll like it.

And now for something completely (different?) ... nope, TV stereotypical...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ashen1/ashen/.../heffalump.html

It amazes me how many people believe that Farang who marry Thai women are some sort of social jerk who are fat, bald, old and ugly.

I do not understand why people who do not know anything about these individual strangers who get involved with western/Thai marriages have to be so evil and childish in their criticism and attitude.

The video link to Ashen.com is full of vile, hate, stupidity and not correct in any of its thinking. It is the making of an immature mental masturbator with absolutely no facts but ridicules speculation.

The sad thing is that most people think like this guy.

So when you Western men walk down the road with your lovely Thai wife you will know what people think of you, which is extremely sad.

I would like to know where people get this attitude from?

Or am I taking this the wrong way and it's all a bit of fun?

Basically couldn't give a rat's ar*e what people think when I walk down the street with my Thai bride, been doing it now for more than 18 years. Their thoughts are of no concern to me or my wife. I cannot honestly remember any occasion when any adverse comment has been within earshot, either in Thailand or Australia.

Many times my wife would take my father to the doctors, shops etc. & she would be mistaken for his wife - always made his day, but caused the missus a little embarassement (lucky she's got a good sense of humour).

It amazes me how many people believe that Farang who marry Thai women are some sort of social jerk who are fat, bald, old and ugly.

Have you looked around you lately???

I do not understand why people who do not know anything about these individual strangers who get involved with western/Thai marriages have to be so evil and childish in their criticism and attitude.

Because of above, but I doubt if many people are evil about it.

The video link to Ashen.com is full of vile, hate, stupidity and not correct in any of its thinking. It is the making of an immature mental masturbator with absolutely no facts but ridicules speculation.

The sad thing is that most people think like this guy.

Haven't seen the link, sounds worth avoiding.

So when you Western men walk down the road with your lovely Thai wife you will know what people think of you, which is extremely sad.

Yes, that is what people think, but the farang must have expected this from the start surely and decided it was worth the social approbation of his own culture.

See above. Plus of course, the knowledge that the relationship is based on money, not love on one side.

Or am I taking this the wrong way and it's all a bit of fun?

As I live in the UK, looking around does not prove anything. From what I have read there is only 2% of mixed marriages here. In fact I very rarely see a black and white couple these days and have not seen a Thai/farang couple walking in the streets at all. I live in one of the largest cities of the UK (not London).

See above. Plus of course, the knowledge that the relationship is based on money, not love on one side.

So why do people think that because one has a Thai (oriental/Asian) wife one has automatically bought her?

Where in the world do they get this knowledge from?

And relationships are two way so the 'wife' has a choice in the matter and could have married for love and not money.

Yet the stereotype prevails and it seems that most people are inadvertently racist (which is evil).

As I live in the UK, looking around does not prove anything. From what I have read there is only 2% of mixed marriages here. In fact I very rarely see a black and white couple these days and have not seen a Thai/farang couple walking in the streets at all. I live in one of the largest cities of the UK (not London).

You don't see that many couples together, but you do see loads of half cast kids...

If you were to go to one of these Thai cultural events (which, apart from food, have little to recommend them IMO) you will see loads of Thai/British couples..

So why do people think that because one has a Thai (oriental/Asian) wife one has automatically bought her?

Where in the world do they get this knowledge from?

And relationships are two way so the 'wife' has a choice in the matter and could have married for love and not money.

Yet the stereotype prevails and it seems that most people are inadvertently racist (which is evil).

Come to Thailand and all your questions will be answered!

Alternatively read a few threads on TV to find out what is really going on with farang/Thai relationships!

To call people racist who live here and see the stereotypes all the time is plain ignorant. Anybody who is happy to live here is unlikely to be racist.

I found what i think might be the program in question at:

http://thebox.bz/main.php

just did a search on thebox. Is it the Louis Theroux program???

Yes. I'm presuming that's the one

Just re-read the OP and it says that its a Drama/horror. Cant imagine the Louis Theroux show falls into that category.

Gonna download anyway. Also a couple of other shows on thebox that look quite interesting. One about child Muay Thai fighters.

OP, can you give us the full title of the DVD you have.

Cheers :o

EDIT: Just found what I think the Op is referring to.

http://www.tv.sky.com/the-thai-bride

Must be out there on bitorrent somewhere.

Edited by Buzby

I found what i think might be the program in question at:

http://thebox.bz/main.php

just did a search on thebox. Is it the Louis Theroux program???

Yes. I'm presuming that's the one

Just re-read the OP and it says that its a Drama/horror. Cant imagine the Louis Theroux show falls into that category.

Gonna download anyway. Also a couple of other shows on thebox that look quite interesting. One about child Muay Thai fighters.

OP, can you give us the full title of the DVD you have.

Cheers :o

EDIT: Just found what I think the Op is referring to.

http://www.tv.sky.com/the-thai-bride

Must be out there on bitorrent somewhere.

Yes that's the one but reading through the review i think the one i posted actualy looks better!

Anyway if someone finds a link to it i'll watch both.

And now for something completely (different?) ... nope, TV stereotypical...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ashen1/ashen/.../heffalump.html

I think a “viewer awareness warning” should be posted with these kind of files. :D

My 4 year old even when she is engrossed in something else will come running over if she sees any type of cartoon character on the computer screen. Not knowing what was coming up, but knowing the type of humor on this forum I quickly shut down Heffalump before it got to the point where I had to explain the action.

:o

WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE