Cambodian E-visa

I have used evisa to Cambodia, no extra charges on my card, had the same issue about not wanting to fill the last few pages of my passport with full page Khmer visas, it works in that respect as all you get is the entry and exit stamps. When I last did it, if I remember correctly, you could even pay by paypal.

My passport is getting quite full and I need to do the dreaded border run to PP. Jack Golf has told me that I can use their bus service to Poipet with my own e-visa. Instead of B2,200, they will charge me B1,400 for transport.

This seems pretty good, but on looking at the Cambodian e-visa website, I am wondering is it safe enough for my credit card.

Has anyone ever got an e-visa from the Cambodian Govt website (http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh) without any problems?

Thanks for any input.

Hi ,

Just been in Cambodia again with e-visa. No worries and your credit card is safe....

1 minute and I was through Immigration with a big smile from the Officer, hard to beat for the Thai Immigration, I guess.

Enjoy your time over there, Angkor Draft Beer is not bad and you only pay 15 baht a glass now.

Cheers, :o

http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vsindex.aspx

All the information you need. And it's not cheaper, someone charging you 1000 baht is clearly ripping you off, and you just have to stand your ground and you will be getting in at USD20, I always have. Of course with a organized visa run, this isn't an issue in any case, and Jack's seems to charge 800 baht for this. (which is around 24 USD).

Koh Kong is also problematic in this regard.

I did an overnight holiday trip to Koh Kong (Not visa run) with a friend (who was on a visa run) and his Thai Wife a year or two ago. They charged us 1200 Baht EACH No discussion - take it or leave it.

4) Your Thai wife doesn't need a Visa.. She shows her Passport at Thai side where you exit.. she can go through Foreigner line with you at the border where you stamp out. She DOESN'T need a Visa to enter Cambodia.

As I understand it, as a "Border Province" trip only, she did not need the visa as Thai, but they insisted.

One good thing out the trip was we found out we could take the Sportrider into Koh Kong, as long as the registration book was in the name of someone in your party (Company / Leased / HP cars not allowed) Cost only 50 Baht on the Thai Side and nothing the Cambodian side. They give you a temporary Cambodian Red Plate for your trip, which you hand back in return for your log book.

Thanks to all the helpful posters. So, it seems that the e-visa route is safe and a border run can be done without wasting a whole pp page!

However, methinks that if every border-hopper went this route, the officials on the border won't see any cash coming their ways at all and so, no visa money.........no tea money!! Do you think they could get shitty and start harrassing e-visers?

I myself have never done this, but I know plenty of people who did. The question remains, why ? It's 5 USD more expensive, and at Poipet it will not lead to any time savings.

Judging from the money Jack is going to charge you, you don't save anything money wise either.

I have used twice... It's perfectly safe and does save you a Passport page...

Also it is actually cheaper... (Or was at exchange rates when I did it)... 700Baht vs 1,000 at the border.

I think today, the rate is about 34/USD.. That's 850 baht vs 1,000.

Go for it.

CS

If you're concerned about giving your credit card details to the Cambodian government, fear not, the program is run through Pay Pal and no one in Cambodia will ever see your credit card number. And if you're concerned about Cambodian competence, the program was contracted out to a Malaysian company who oversee the technical aspects of it. I know many people have used it and no one has reported any problems than the occasional computer failure at the point of arrival. The website is here: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/.

:o

If you're concerned about giving your credit card details to the Cambodian government, fear not, the program is run through Pay Pal and no one in Cambodia will ever see your credit card number. And if you're concerned about Cambodian competence, the program was contracted out to a Malaysian company who oversee the technical aspects of it . I know many people have used it and no one has reported any problems than the occasional computer failure at the point of arrival. The website is here: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/.

Now that explains the extra $5 US, which is a service fee for the contractor.

Nothing special about that. OXFAM in the UK contracts out their donation collection and (when I was last given a firgure) charges 7.50 GBP (15 USD) to handle each transaction - hence the "Minimum donation of 10 GBP" requirement.

Used the site 3months ago using a mastercard and it was fine.

The only thing was at the aiport when I gave the evisa to the Immigration officer he flaffed about for ages.

It was fine in the end but I dont think the officer knew what to do with it!

Used the site 3months ago using a mastercard and it was fine.

The only thing was at the aiport when I gave the evisa to the Immigration officer he flaffed about for ages.

It was fine in the end but I dont think the officer knew what to do with it!

......or how to extort money out of it?!!! :o

I have just applied for an e-visa, and it all seems pretty safe via PayPal.

My passport is getting quite full and I need to do the dreaded border run to PP. Jack Golf has told me that I can use their bus service to Poipet with my own e-visa. Instead of B2,200, they will charge me B1,400 for transport.

This seems pretty good, but on looking at the Cambodian e-visa website, I am wondering is it safe enough for my credit card.

Has anyone ever got an e-visa from the Cambodian Govt website (http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh) without any problems?

Thanks for any input.

Hello....I have the last years apply for E-Visa to Cambodia,it works very good and its safe to use credit card and the border runs goes more smoothly than before when I apply at the border and no need to use glue to get the E-Visa to your passport, just staple it or print out at least 2 copies of your E-Visa when you goes for the border run.

I really recommend Cambodia E-Visa....wish that Thailand also could do the same or??

Love it! Used it 3 times the past year.. paid with paypal, no worries about extra forms... just walk through and ignore the touts.

Thanks for any input.

Hello....I have the last years apply for E-Visa to Cambodia,it works very good and its safe to use credit card and the border runs goes more smoothly than before when I apply at the border and no need to use glue to get the E-Visa to your passport, just staple it or print out at least 2 copies of your E-Visa when you goes for the border run.

I really recommend Cambodia E-Visa....wish that Thailand also could do the same or??

It was pretty straightforward as you create your own PayPal account and pay there and then online. I applied last night and got my new visa this morning!!

So far, this seems a good way to do a visa run to Poipet with Jack Golf and not wasting a whole passport page on a permanent visa sticker.

However, as I said before, if hordes of people suddenly rock up to the border with pre-paid visas, there is no room for the acquisition of tea money by the immi people. Will they stand for this?? :o

Edited by jamesjdaly

OK, I have used the eVisa 5 times now and it's great, payment is through Paypal so your CC is safe as no number is given to anyone else, you don't have to mess around with the visa touts at the border, they even have an eVisa window at poipet but don't bank on it being open, I avoid the queue (if there is one) by the usual 200baht method which stamps me in and out while I get a beer then back to LOS.

I've been doing border runs for 5 years now and this has cut the time down by at least an hour.

And just for info, my last run was a last minute decision to go on a sunday, I applied for the Visa on Saturday about 2pm and got it back the same day, how about that for service!!!!!!!!

I just got approved for my Cambodian e-Visa. The payment was made through paypal and was taken directly from my bank account!.. I'd say it was safe... I have my printed e-visa and i'm ready to go!!

FYI... There are only a few entrance points that will allow you to enter Cambodia with the e-visa. CHECK 1st!..

Oh! another plus, they're super quick! I sent in my info and was approved the next day!

Good Luck!

FYI, I went to Poipet last weekend for my visa run (with my first Camb e-visa). No problems whatsoever!! Sat back and let Jack Golf's staff do all the donkeywork. The issuance of the e-visa was done overnight.

A lot of posters say that it is a safe route for your cc.

Have we found the perfect visa run (Shortest time and no whole-page stickers)??!!

Donations of money, booze or fags gratefully received!!! :o

Edited by jamesjdaly

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an e-visa on Sunday September 7th, 2008 and used it at the Had Lek/Koh Kong border crossing on the Thursday September 11th, 2008 with out issues.

I was made to pay "tea money" to get my departure stamp from Cambodian customs as I entered and left on the same day. This is not a real fee, this is a bribe, but it is common. They asked for 300 THB and we settled on 160 THB after some haggling. Probably could have gotten em down to 100 THB, but I wanted to leave :o

So i repeat, no issues using e-visa at Had Lek/Koh Kong border crossing. I was issued my e-visa in 1 day. I used the .aspx site.

If you use an e-visa, please post your information on http://www.cambodiaevisa.com/ for others to read.

Oh and Had Lek border is much much nicer than Poi Pet if you need to do a run. I took the 90 THB songtau from Trat and then 120 THB mini bus back to Trat traveling by myself. It's a pretty drive. I wish I could have stayed in Koh Kong for a night or two, but I cut my foot pretty bad on barnacles at Koh Chang, so I wanted to get back to Bangkok.

Now I present you with Koh Kong Monkey Boxers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVRRlv1jDNo