Immigration Stamp "admitted Until Sept 1st"

This might be a dopey question, but I musn't be the only one to wonder this:

If my passport stamp from immigration says "admitted until Sept. 1st" -- can I exit ON Sept 1st without being on overstay? Or does that mean I legally have to exit BEFORE then?

thanks! :-)

Yes, ou are stamped in on the day you arrive even if it is say 23:55 on the 20th your length of stay starts the 20th. Thus if you are permitted to stay until the 30th you can pass through 23:55 on the 30th. In any case one day overstay has never been a problem.

Yes, ou are stamped in on the day you arrive even if it is say 23:55 on the 20th your length of stay starts the 20th. Thus if you are permitted to stay until the 30th you can pass through 23:55 on the 30th. In any case one day overstay has never been a problem.

Small correction here .... overstay is always a 'problem'. At the airport you might not have to pay 500 baht, at the borders it is different. You will be charged 500 baht from the first day overstay. In both cases you get a overstay stamp in your passport.

And one more .. if you pass immigration at 23.59, but your plane leaves at 1am, then you will be still on overstay.

Furthermore, canadiangirl, I think you said you already got 3 tourist visas, but you still have no clue about the stamps in your passport?

Small correction here .... overstay is always a 'problem'. At the airport you might not have to pay 500 baht, at the borders it is different. You will be charged 500 baht from the first day overstay. In both cases you get a overstay stamp in your passport.

And one more .. if you pass immigration at 23.59, but your plane leaves at 1am, then you will be still on overstay.

Furthermore, canadiangirl, I think you said you already got 3 tourist visas, but you still have no clue about the stamps in your passport?

I don't doubt what you say but wonder how this would practically work - would immigration really work out to the minute whether you were on overstay when stamping you out? Given the volume of people they process, seems more likely to me they'd just do it to the day, but I agree there's a risk you might get an officer in a particularly attentive / picky mood...

^ The above is actually stated on the signs at the airport that overstay is based upon the scheduled departure date and time of the airplane , and it's hardly rocket science, as they do ask for your boarding card as well.

It's stated on that boarding card what the scheduled departure date and time is.

However I do agree that there is way for some flexiblity here :o