Whats The Main Thing To Watch Out For Here In Thailand?

BrooklynKid

Please list things that I should watch out for here in thailand. Good or bad.

Thanks

BK :o

1st Rule.

NEVER RING THE BELL IN A BAR!

If you want to learn why out why wit il the bar is full of us obnoxious brits (as a disapointed yank on here calls us)

and all will become clear,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL

roy gsd

I have seen somebody learn the hard way RE: ringing the bell, not sure he saw the funny side of it although I did (With free drink in hand) :D:D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Angry obnoxious brits, all ages...

Angry obnoxious thai taxi drivers...

Angry,obnoxious people from bk,must be the poisonous fumes making them crazy

Retarded motorcycle taxi drivers driving down the footpath when you are walking with your iPod on.

Bars in Jomtien that market themselves as a biker bar and when you arrive you find it is full of men dressed as women and "big bad bikers" who sleep with said ladybirds. Disgusting.

Drunk drivers.

Fat Russians Men in Speedos and Fat Russian Women in Thongs....

And Euro Trash in Pattaya....

Keep an eye out for some stupid 6ft 6inch yank who thinks because he owns a bike and an attractive bird he is cool.

Dudes like Poshthai that wear Thongs.....but actually want to look like PoshSpice.

Thanks

Things to watch out for:

1. Listen and follow everything people say here on this issue.

2. Get a Thai culture book and read through it. Many people say Thailand has the more cultural rules than any other country.

3. After living here for a few months, disregard about 90% of what people say here as it doesn't pertain to your experiences.

4. After living here for a few months, disregard about 90% of what you read in the Thai culture book. You'll realize many of the things you read are outdated or only pertinent to unique situations and if you ask a close Thai friend they will laugh at some things you think you aren't supposed to do, especially if you're in Bangkok. However, be aware of the few important norms that you should never break (i.e. touching someone's head, showing the sole of your feet to people, respecting religious practices, etc.) and be aware of those norms that are insignificant and you can break as long as you're not doing it in an "in-your-face" way. Also understand "face" is very important. Other than that, you'll be fine as long as you don't act like an idiot in public.

Job one in Thailand and anywhere else for that matter is to hold on to and control your assets. Your number one danger of course is from entertainment workers. Each is trained and mentored in the art of extracting Baht from the tourist or expat. I am not degrading these people, they have to survive just like us. It is a dance of wills that you should remain in control of. Don't be a "Cheap Charlie" but don't give away the house.

The next thing to watch out for is people from your own country. Living overseas tends to bond people from one's own country. With a smile on their face they will try to get you to invest in something, anything, to get you to part with your money. Loans are also big on their wish list and you probably will not get your money back. Avoid loaning money to anyone from any country.

If you are in a bar or club and asked by ANYONE to invest in some kind of scheme, run! Think about it a minute. You're sitting in a bar in New Jersey and talking to perfect strangers who have an idea to sell snow blowers in Las Vegas you would blow them off. I would say that if that same proposal is talked up in a Bangkok bar there are people who actually give their money away. It sounds crazy but I've seen it hapen several times.

This is the number one place on earth to live. Just take the usual precautions.

GOOD LUCK!

Keep an eye out for some stupid 6ft 6inch yank who thinks because he owns a bike and an attractive bird he is cool.

Actually you should keep I eye out for me and watch out for me cause i dont play that!...then again if you are from Brooklyn like you said then you should know that, right?

On the other hand watch out for PoshThai who thinks being posh is having a 135cc Yamaha Icon or whatever and thinks Shopping in high class places means Windon Shopping at Emporium...hahahaha

He should be very easy to spot! His name is pipi I think. Last i heard he was riding a little red wagon. Probably the biggest TROLL :o you will ever see. He is a chronic story teller and very delusional. You may want to smash him in the face, but that would be like assaulting someone with a developmental disability.

Don't try to start a conversation, because nothing makes sense to him. It's not his fault. He likes to call people "boy". His vocabulary is underdeveloped, because he has been hit by the stupid stick one to many times.

Enjoy your stay in the LOS.! :D

Edited by mizzi39

I forgot to mention something that should be obvious but recent event require my to remind everyone: DO NOT take out life insurance on yourself then make your true love the beneficiary. It is a death sentence. If she doesn't have you killed her cousin or Thai boyfriend will so he can cover his gambling debts.

Enjoy!

He should be very easy to spot! His name is pipi I think. Last i heard he was riding a little red wagon. Probably the biggest TROLL :o you will ever see. He is a chronic story teller and very delusional. You may want to smash him in the face, but that would be like assaulting someone with a developmental disability.

Don't try to start a conversation, because nothing makes sense to him. It's not his fault. He likes to call people "boy". His vocabulary is underdeveloped, because he has been hit by the stupid stick one to many times.

This Guy is the Farang Dad that I posted about and his Family, check out the pics again on the first page of this post, thats the main one to watch out for here in Thailand. hahahahha...he is a bad ass behind a screen. ...oh and he is from Boston and you know what that means, right?

This Guy is the Farang Dad that I posted about and his Family, check out the pics again on the first page of this post, thats the main one to watch out for here in Thailand. hahahahha...he is a bad ass behind a screen. ...oh and he is from Boston and you know what that means, right?

Mr. PapaRico, What is wrong with you! I've been coming across your rants and posts for a few days now. Please, please tell me you're not really an American! Out of more than 300,000,000 which includes all the people in jail we somehow get you. If you are who you say you are I'm sure most here feel truly sorry for you. If your presence is some kind of cyber joke I think it has run its course. It appears the moderators have taken a few days off.

I personally, IMHO, believe you are a teenager who lives offshore with your single mom. You may have heard of Thailand on the Discovery Channel and may have been through here once but by your writings you know nothing of the culture, history, geography or what you are talking about. My advise to you is stay in school but find another outlet, perhaps Playboy Magazine, for an outlet for your teen angst.

Good luck!

Mr. PapaRico, What is wrong with you! I've been coming across your rants and posts for a few days now. Please, please tell me you're not really an American! Out of more than 300,000,000 which includes all the people in jail we somehow get you. If you are who you say you are I'm sure most here feel truly sorry for you. If your presence is some kind of cyber joke I think it has run its course. It appears the moderators have taken a few days off.

I personally, IMHO, believe you are a teenager who lives offshore with your single mom. You may have heard of Thailand on the Discovery Channel and may have been through here once but by your writings you know nothing of the culture, history, geography or what you are talking about. My advise to you is stay in school but find another outlet, perhaps Playboy Magazine, for an outlet for your teen angst.

Good luck!

aawwwww...I am sorry, i didnt mean to hurt yor feelings ok? but you can go at me, its ok, I dont care, like i said before, it dosent change a bit about who I am and where I am going,what I have and what I know,what I been through etc. So keep you silly comments to yourself, and dont forget to Call me Mr. like you did from now on, ok? I guess If someone stands up for what they believe here they get punished? I mean its ok for others to bash right? But when the Flashy American does, then he is the bad guy...right? Stay Happy stuck here in your crappy little lives.

I forgot to mention something that should be obvious but recent event require my to remind everyone: DO NOT take out life insurance on yourself then make your true love the beneficiary. It is a death sentence. If she doesn't have you killed her cousin or Thai boyfriend will so he can cover his gambling debts.

Enjoy!

Thanks, I am not here for that, but i will keep it in mind.

Take care

Bk

Good luck!

aawwwww...I am sorry, i didnt mean to hurt yor feelings ok? but you can go at me, its ok, I dont care, like i said before, it dosent change a bit about who I am and where I am going,what I have and what I know,what I been through etc. So keep you silly comments to yourself, and dont forget to Call me Mr. like you did from now on, ok? I guess If someone stands up for what they believe here they get punished? I mean its ok for others to bash right? But when the Flashy American does, then he is the bad guy...right? Stay Happy stuck here in your crappy little lives.

Hey Man, I have been reading some of your posts, somethings you say are crazy, I am not saying they are true or not true, but why does everyone hate you? Whats Up?

He should be very easy to spot! His name is pipi I think. Last i heard he was riding a little red wagon. Probably the biggest TROLL :D you will ever see. He is a chronic story teller and very delusional. You may want to smash him in the face, but that would be like assaulting someone with a developmental disability.

Good luck!

Hey Man, I have been reading some of your posts, somethings you say are crazy, I am not saying they are true or not true, but why does everyone hate you? Whats Up?

Cause from what i read of all his posts....he most likely got his head stuck way up his arse. :o:D

Good luck!

Because I mentioned that I had materials things, they got mad at the Flashy American,the hate me and envy me, the tried to test me and I replied, because i stand up for what I believe in, because they dont understand how it can be that a young dude can have almost everything, because they are stuck here, not all, but most are, because to them my life is only a dream that they cannot reach, because I keep it real and I am from NY and dont take BS from anyone, no matter where you are from,because I worked my ass off and now i have everyhting and they cant understand that, cause they are old and I am young, cause they are short and i am tall, because I roll with the best in NY, because my job is exciting, because I married a Model, because I type slang ans speak slang and they cant understand, etc, because when I leave to bigger and better things they are still stuck here, should I go on? .......

He should be very easy to spot! His name is pipi I think. Last i heard he was riding a little red wagon. Probably the biggest TROLL :D you will ever see. He is a chronic story teller and very delusional. You may want to smash him in the face, but that would be like assaulting someone with a developmental disability.

Good luck!

Because I mentioned that I had materials things, they got mad at the Flashy American,the hate me and envy me, the tried to test me and I replied, because i stand up for what I believe in, because they dont understand how it can be that a young dude can have almost everything, because they are stuck here, not all, but most are, because to them my life is only a dream that they cannot reach, because I keep it real and I am from NY and dont take BS from anyone, no matter where you are from,because I worked my ass off and now i have everyhting and they cant understand that, cause they are old and I am young, cause they are short and i am tall, because I roll with the best in NY, because my job is exciting, because I married a Model, because I type slang ans speak slang and they cant understand, etc, because when I leave to bigger and better things they are still stuck here, should I go on? .......

No. Please don't go on. That may be the longest sentence (question) I have ever seen anywhere. He has everything but a formal education. Unbelievable Mr. Rico :D:o !

Thanks

I think you mean "people"

how should i interpret that? :D

Edited by aehn

Good luck!

roflmao

Thanks

Shallow opinionated Americans

For your record, i am not American, and never had any trouble with them so far.