Whats The Main Thing To Watch Out For Here In Thailand?

BrooklynKid

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motorcycles on the pavement (sidewalk). Being offered sweets (that have chili). Drunk farang deadbeats who think they own the world. East European women who say they like to smoke-smoke (<removed>, <removed>).

Avoid people who think smoke smoke doesnt mean (s-ck, s-ck) :o

don't raise your voice.... the other day i was in line at a taxi stand... i told them i wanted to go to baiyoke. the taxi agreed and when i got in i specified ratchaprarop rd. soi 5.... the taxi driver started freaking out and yelling at me saying "you said baiyoke!".... i said "same!"... baiyoke is at soi 3, and i am at soi 5.... a block apart. most taxis yell at me if i don't give them a landmark to go by. anyway he kept shouting about it and i yelled back "go to baiyoke then!".... then a chill fell over the car. i seriously thought he might kill me. he took me to my destination but the whole entire way there he was glaring at me in the mirror, twitching and mumbling to himself.

so you see, it is ok for them to yell at you but don't yell back. if this was a situation in which we had both been drinking and i was a man, i would probably be attacked.

My opinions: Don't fall in love with one girl only. The choice is to big. Just enjoy them. Change them so often as possible. In US they say: "It's cheaper to keep her". But in LOS the clock works the other way. "It"s cheaper to change them". Don't ever get tied up with the girls family. I's gonna ruin you. Never put any propertie or car in any girls name. Never buy any properties, just rent it and you are free to go anytime anywhere.

Farangs on the bones of there Azz that will rip you off without a second thought. :o

You let your guard drop against Farang, Don't Do It !!!!!!!

why you hate falang so mut, ding dong? maybe no love you so long......................retard :D

Unforgiven, I suspect Maigo is a misanthrope, his hatred for fellow man embraces not only farangs.

Fat Russians Men in Speedos and Fat Russian Women in Thongs....

And Euro Trash in Pattaya....

Watch out for farang with bad attitudes, the bitter and dissapointed, they'll usualy take any thing, even the OP's post as a chance to hang sht. Dont let them bring you down!

:o

Taxi drivers BTW have allways been sus to me.

Gem scams (I think everyone knows that one)

customs limits on grog/anything.

Really depends on where your loc is, how heavy you drink and how late you party.

Damo.

You're sitting in a bar in New Jersey .........

That's a bad sign right there!

1) Count your change

2) Recount your change

3) No matter how much she cries the kwai (buffalo) does not need an operation

4) Never believe her when she says that he's her cousin/brother

5) Never give your passport to someone who says they will do a 'visa run' for you

6) Never toss away your return ticket home

A couple of good things to watch out for: Amici restaurant on Paragon basement, good cheap italian food. (Not advertising BTW, no personal affiliations.)

Pretty girls in abundance walking around in front of Thai University Faculty Compounds. LOL. That's for when you gravitate past the sopheni (hooker) stage, if you ever do!

Oh yeah, always wear a condom, lots available in 711 or watsons pharmacists etc. Try Durex comfort (bigger dark blue box on shelves), a little more pricey but bigger and easier to put on.

When buying home entertainment products such as dvd players or tvs try to stick to the well known japanese/korean brands or you may be quickly dissapointed, plus if you are new to se asia lots of copy dvds available on the 3rd floor? of mbk nr where all the fake mp3 players are sold, pantip plaza ground floor, and across the road from pat pong on the silom side(after dark), though patpong market is best avoided for dvds. ask : mastuuuur lew leua yang/ chad lew lua yang? to check if it is a master copy or not.

Edited by hamishgillan

Because I mentioned that I had materials things, they got mad at the Flashy American,the hate me and envy me, the tried to test me and I replied, because i stand up for what I believe in, because they dont understand how it can be that a young dude can have almost everything, because they are stuck here, not all, but most are, because to them my life is only a dream that they cannot reach, because I keep it real and I am from NY and dont take BS from anyone, no matter where you are from,because I worked my ass off and now i have everyhting and they cant understand that, cause they are old and I am young, cause they are short and i am tall, because I roll with the best in NY, because my job is exciting, because I married a Model, because I type slang ans speak slang and they cant understand, etc, because when I leave to bigger and better things they are still stuck here, should I go on? .......

what a f***ing <deleted>

Don't walk under coconut trees.

Don't even think of running a bar.

Don't invest in anything that eats or needs maintenance.

Never accept a marriage proposal or an invitation to dinner downtown from a Thai without making sure he or she is a childless

orphan.

Always wear a hard hat, whether your bike is idling or not.

If a Thai calls you "my brother", run for the hills.

Don't commence drinking before midday, and then only moderately.

never accept advice from someone who only visits on holiday

This post is written on the understanding that It will be read by reasonably well educated foreigners

Oops !

Yeah, didn't think about that, you never know who may be reading...... :o

I just come to look at the pretty little smiley faces :D

all the know it alls on forums :D

Yes, if you are refering to my post I was having aspirations, but it is a subject that must be handled carefully, no? :o

It's really a subject that the forum rules state you should not be addressing. But then again, it sounds like you are pretty sour at something in life. Perhaps the UK will take you back.... (Should have caught a ride with Mr. Glitter)

My opinions: Don't fall in love with one girl only. The choice is to big. Just enjoy them. Change them so often as possible. In US they say: "It's cheaper to keep her". But in LOS the clock works the other way. "It"s cheaper to change them". Don't ever get tied up with the girls family. I's gonna ruin you. Never put any propertie or car in any girls name. Never buy any properties, just rent it and you are free to go anytime anywhere.

Best advice so far.

all the know it alls on forums :D

Yes, if you are refering to my post I was having aspirations, but it is a subject that must be handled carefully, no? :o

It's really a subject that the forum rules state you should not be addressing. But then again, it sounds like you are pretty sour at something in life. Perhaps the UK will take you back.... (Should have caught a ride with Mr. Glitter)

Aw, come on. That little smiley doesn't look that unhappy with the cowboy hat on does he?

I'm lost as to how you have arrived at that conclusion from what you have read.

I wouldn't mind atall if the mods removed it.

From what I have seen so far I'm the same boat as you with a little half thai daughter here.

Edited by hamishgillan

- First I'd say bar girls and many Thai girls who looking for foreigners to whatever with. I juz had a bad experience with them (no im not foreigner, but im Thai woman who lost ex-husband on them)

- Second : Thai men or if they were relatives of above.

- Things that seem too good to be true ,that all traps.

- copy stuff

- Dogs and dog's ***t

and so on many more to list as I am Thai :o

Wish you all foreigners are safe and happy to be in Thailand.

Ciao

Thesunset75