Kad Farang-california Wraps.

haybilly

Owing to the sudden demise of the mother of Nong, the proprietor of California Wraps in Kad Farang, Hang Dong--she has asked me to post that, providing there are flights available, she will be obliged to close the shop for about 1 week, sometime during the coming week--I can't be more specific as she isn't sure whether she will be able to get a ticket; so, if you are travelling any distance to get your Mexican Burritos, Calzone,Enchelladas or whatever be advised that a 'phone call might save you a wasted journey. If you don't already have the tel. no. it is 053-432-413.

• 1 year later...

here's a little shout-out to California Wraps... they're still going strong and make a MEAN breakfast burrito that would make any farang melt in his chair! I just did a brief review with pics on thailandtraveldepot blog... Pat is the current owner, speaks almost perfect English and fries her cuisine with a smile!

Condolences to Pat on her loss. I will miss her food while she is away. Good Burritos, Burgers and pizza in the evenings and a great breakfast menu as well.. Easy to have it your way as she speaks English, in fact lived in the USA for some time.

I made the mistake of going to this place once due to the recommendations on here. The portions were small and very slow service considering I was the only customer.

It's a good ways out the Hang Dong road as well...

what do you recommend as an alternative in the hang dong area?

I made the mistake of going to this place once due to the recommendations on here. The portions were small and very slow service considering I was the only customer.

a songtaew to Chiang Mai

I live near the city. I went out of my way to eat at this place because it was recommended on here.

A few years ago I ate at a Tex Mex place just off the Hang Dong road not far from the airport plaza. Very nice garden setting and very quiet. The owner also has a Tex Mex restaurant at Tapae Gate.

I can't remember the name of the place, perhaps somebody else can help...

Cheers :)

Try the HideAway same owners as the Art Cafe Address

140/93 moo.10 Amornivet Village Chiangmai-Hod Rd, Chiangmai

Thailand Tel. 053-202257, 086-1161533

Driving away from the airport plaza heading south down the hang down road, it's about the 3rd or 4th road on the left hand side. Drive slowly, it's easy to miss the HideAway sign.

I haven't been for a while but it used to be cheap and tasty...

Cheers :)

Edited by Thaihog