Bottom Line On Best Isp's In Bangkok?

AlongtheChaoPraya

I'm sure many have many frustrating experiences here trying to deal with unpredictable service and lack of infrastructure in this industry. I am currently using TRUE, but before I try to remedy with an upgrade, could anybody summarise the 'best' couple of providers and what is being offered at present?

I'm sure many have many frustrating experiences here trying to deal with unpredictable service and lack of infrastructure in this industry. I am currently using TRUE, but before I try to remedy with an upgrade, could anybody summarise the 'best' couple of providers and what is being offered at present?

1. CAT

2. TRUE

3. TT&T

4. TOT

Since the quality of connections seems to be very geographical related, this could differ in certain areas.

I've been a TRUE 2mb subscriber for over a year now in Bangkok, it has its good times and its bad times, but overall its an acceptable package. I wouldnt give them any more money (i.e. Upgrade) as i still have issues with the services. Some people on ThaiVisa.com have even claimed that downgrading their package didnt have any noticeable effect on performance.

just keep that in mind before you ca$h them up for an upgrade :o

1. CAT

2. TRUE

3. TT&T

4. TOT

Since the quality of connections seems to be very geographical related, this could differ in certain areas.

I can only get Maxnet so i have no choice and it is extremely slow when the kids get out of school.

I also have 2 mb True DSL in BKK...paying about 850 baht per month.

At best.... it runs about 1.7 - 1.8 mb... in the late night (after midnight) and early morning hours.... During the day it slows down some...and it really slows down in the evenings after dinner time...

If there's any better alternative in central BKK, I don't know what it would be. One good thing to say is....during the year I've had it....their down times have been VERY minimal... It almost always is working...even if slow...