HELLO All

My wife's friend has bieng hit by her husband (not the first time) and we have had the police around to take statement and they have being around to him and arrested him,we are getting the police to attened so she can get her passport and clothes etc ,we need advice on what to do next i.e contacting thai embassey (london) or uk embassey solictor etc becuse she want to staay and work in the uk

she is here on settlement visa and she has a full time job and she not want to go back to him or back to thailand we want to know the right way off getting advice and help

all advice greatfully appreaciated

many thanks pete

If you are 1000% certain he is hurting her than the uk embassy for advise,but be careful as this is a ploy by some thai women to get to the uk and then leave their husbands.I know this beacuse a thai lady has told me the scam.Has the thai woman got a few friends in your area and do they yak yak plenty..Just be careful and dont get involved unless you know this to be true.

If you are 1000% certain he is hurting her than the uk embassy for advise,but be careful as this is a ploy by some thai women to get to the uk and then leave their husbands.I know this beacuse a thai lady has told me the scam.Has the thai woman got a few friends in your area and do they yak yak plenty..Just be careful and dont get involved unless you know this to be true.

Thanks for reply and yes it is 100% true just need to know what to do net etc

thanks agian pete

Any application for indefinite leave should include as much evidence as possible of the claimed domestic violence. This could be from the police records, including the details of any charge brought against the husband, and medical evidence of any injuries she has sustained.

She'll need a solicitor to initiate divorce proceedings and perhaps apply for an interim maintenance order. Depending upon how much she earns, she might qualify for legal aid.

Scouse.

• 2 weeks later...

just a update my wifes thai friend is now staying with us because her husband hit and lock her up police now fully involed and he has being arrested 2 times now she has been to see solicotor today,i think she needs to contact thai embassey in london?? and the immigation office in london??? to let them know what is excally going on, and to see what they say,he is also trying to talk to her parents in thailand saying she do wrong not him saying he go there etc etc,so she feel scared for her parents,he also is trying to get her home by threatening her that he will get her kicked out off the uk unless she goo back home, is the a right way or wrong way to contact the embassey, and now she not working because off him she will have to pay solicotor fees and ilr fees,or is ther where she can get solicotor for free???

many thanks for looking and any help or advice will be greatfully appricated

pete

Marry some guy, get over, say anything......
Get a doctor to write a false medical report and the police to back her up. Yeah, easy.

I bet you're thinking that she probably deserved it. Git. :o

Apologies to moderators etc. if this crosses the line, but as my wife was the victim of violence from her first (Thai) husband, this is a subject I feel strongly about.

Edited by 7by7

• 1 month later...

Agreed ubonjoe. Off topic and derogatory posts have been deleted.

This is yet another instance where, if you don't have anything of substance to offer by the way of help, then may I suggest you refrain from posting?