Best Exchange Rate In Thailand

Hi all,

Just booked a trip to Thailand, travelling with the family, my flex account has expired and we dont have enough time to get all the paperwork,pin numbers etc through in time! travelling next week.

What is the best thing for me to do? Take cash and exchange it in Thailand or exchange it here? post office and banks are offering 58.5 baht to the pound.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Just booked a trip to Thailand, travelling with the family, my flex account has expired and we dont have enough time to get all the paperwork,pin numbers etc through in time! travelling next week.

What is the best thing for me to do? Take cash and exchange it in Thailand or exchange it here? post office and banks are offering 58.5 baht to the pound.

Thanks.

Definitely change your money in Thailand......you will also get slightly more Baht for travellers cheques than cash, although you will pay in the UK for the travellers cheques.

The exchange rate quoted is what you get in your hand.

Definitely change your money in Thailand......you will also get slightly more Baht for travellers cheques than cash, although you will pay in the UK for the travellers cheques.

I dont pay for travlers cheques when ordered from my HSBC branch , travlers cheques is a much safer why to go than carrying large amount of cash in Thailand .

JB

I dont pay for travlers cheques when ordered from my HSBC branch , travlers cheques is a much safer why to go than carrying large amount of cash in Thailand .

JB

The exchange rate on Travellers Cheques in Thailand is far worse than any other rate because the bank or financial institution has to wait to be reimbursed by the company that issued the Travellers Cheques.

The best rate when changing currency is at Super Rich, a money changer near to the World Trade Center in Bangkok.

Nationwide do not charge any fees for FX (and this is not incorporated into the exchange rate either) for cash point withdrawals. You get the true market rate on the exchange which is often better than the local banks (including Bangkok Bank). This is a feature of the card.

If you transfer cash to a Bangkok Bank you will pay a SWIFT transfer fee (about £10 last time I did this) and will incur a charge by the Thai Bank - I think this was about 600 THB last time I did this.

Just check on line with the Thai Bank on the day for its exchange rate, then ring up Nationwide and ask them for theirs. It really is down to the rate on offer there is nothing else hidden here.

BTW a great way of transferring small amounts of money to Thailand is to draw it out of a cash point machine from a Nationwide account and stick it in your own Thai bank account - There is virtually no loss in value even for a few hundred Baht.