PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

This is what happened in Jakarta in 1998. (At Lippo Karawaci)

Looters were in a shopping mall, so the guards locked the doors and torched the place. Hundreds killed.

why do you post this horror? today?? is this a warning or a suggestion??? is this your concept for a clean government????

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good leaders are elected in a democratic society rather than leading riotous mobs on the street.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Thailand has something like 35 Million voters and here we have a mob of 30 thousand trying to force their political will on the rest of the country through street protests and general disruption of the community in Bangkok and the government.

Good leaders don't engage in electoral fraud either. I can't wait for 2 September to see if they get dissolved for the *second time*. It speaks volumes that they are already setting up the third incarnation of the party :-)

PAD hosts on stage at Government House are calling for officials to turn on more lights on the grounds of the government compound - THAILAND OUTLOOK -

Preparing for the impending arrest of the 9 key PAD members, PAD protesters have been on a high alert for any presence of undercover police officers.

They chanted "turn on the lights" several times, calling for Government House officials to turn on more lights on the Government House grounds. They also claim the lights would normally have been turned on by now under normal circumstances.

The protesters have been informed that there's a possibility police could raid the rally site at 9 p.m.

Reckon a few heads are going to be cracked pretty soon now.

You salivating?

BREAKING - CNN reporting that the police are now removing protesters from the government house compound.

Completely false.

More are coming in, food and water is also donated and delivered on site.

Short a few dozen washrooms though... Wait until Samak opens mouth, do it collectively. :o

CNN has been reporting on NEWS TICKER since early afternoon that police are removing protesters and has not updated News Ticker yet. I guess this is based on 3am clash between police and protesters early morning.

CNN should correct this...anyone has Dan Rivers' number?

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

Incidentally I took a taxi over to government house last night around 10.30 pm to see for myself what was going on - if anything -

In the taxi I could only get as near the Nakon Sawan-Phitsanulok intersection. From there I walked to government house and entered the compound from one of the gates facing the building. Got refused entry by the guards at the first gate for some resaon but then was able to walk straight through the second gate on that side.

A couple of the PAD trucks were parked on the LHS up against the railings and there were thousands of protesters filling the compound.

The most surprising thing is that in all the time I was there - including the approaching roads - I didn't spot one uniformed police officer. Not one!

And also I didn't see any of those long green trucks that I have seen at previous PAD rallies which have on board toilet/wash facilities.

They need Mr. Happy Toilet to deliver a few hundred....

30070474-01.jpg

Thanks for the report and good luck to you, Bulmercke... stay safe.

Thanks for the sentiments sriracha john - I guess it's all part of the job!

Incidentally I reported on the total lack of toilet facilities anywhere near government house simply because I needed to take a pxxx whilst there last night.

Also - not surprisingly didn't see any other foreigners there except for a group of four older foreigners stood outside near one of the gates.

99% certain the police are going to move in tonight on the protesters and start removing them - and no longer a question of 'if' rather than 'when'.

Looks like it's goin' to really kick off soon unfortunately.

Good leaders don't engage in electoral fraud either. I can't wait for 2 September to see if they get dissolved for the *second time*. It speaks volumes that they are already setting up the third incarnation of the party :-)
offices.jpg

Shinawatra Thai Silk building

-------------------

Puea Thai Party in talks on new home

The Shinawatra Thai Silk building has started clearance sales to make way for the Puea Thai Party, a new political party registered by a group of PPP MPs, who want to move in.

Surawit Khonsomboon, a PPP MP for Chaiyaphum, said several party MPs had visited their constituencies and told local residents that the PPP, if dissolved, already had a new home in the Puea Thai Party. Sakda Khongphet, a PPP MP for Roi Et, said Puea Thai was ready to enter the political race as the Election Commission had already endorsed the party.

He said all factions of the PPP, including veteran politician Newin Chidchob's faction, would move to Puea Thai if the PPP was dissolved.

''Thaksin earlier told me the PPP would not survive. However, we are not worried as some phuyai [senior figures] in our party have already prepared the Puea Thai as a new home. Those who see the abbreviations or the logo of the new party will understand that it is Thaksin's party. Thor means Thaksin and Phor means Potjaman [Thaksin's wife],'' said Sakda.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/230808_News/23Aug2008_news003.php

Edited by sriracha john

BREAKING - PAD Expects Police to Crackdown on Protesters at 10 p.m.

UPDATE : 27 August 2008 - THAILAND OUTLOOK -

PAD protesters believe the police will crackdown on therally-goers at 10 p.m. It's also been reported that there's an increase in police's presence at Government House.

"I'm ready to be arrested," Chamlong said. "If they come, we will let them arrest us. If they want to put us in jail, we'll go to jail. We will be here. We aren't going anywhere."

He drew laughter from his supporters when he said, "If we were afraid we would flee abroad" - a reference to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has sought political asylum in Britain

- New York Times / 28Aug2008

On one hand, I know this is probably crap given the source is ASTV, but on the other hand it should be noted that they are saying troops are moving up from the south, ostensibly to make the arrests and move people out of government house.

question being, whos troops are they????

"I'm ready to be arrested," Chamlong said. "If they come, we will let them arrest us. If they want to put us in jail, we'll go to jail. We will be here. We aren't going anywhere."

He drew laughter from his supporters when he said, "If we were afraid we would flee abroad" - a reference to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has sought political asylum in Britain

- New York Times / 28Aug2008

OK, with Chamlong I would agree with this bravado. However, as soon as Sonthi figures out that the charges carry the death penalty, he will be looking for the backdoor.

On one hand, I know this is probably crap given the source is ASTV, but on the other hand it should be noted that they are saying troops are moving up from the south, ostensibly to make the arrests and move people out of government house.

That is a very fair question Tim. We will have to wait and see!

Cheers, Rick

PAD heavyweight Chamlong Srimuang, a retired major-general and ascetic Buddhist who led a 1992 people power uprising against military rule, urged the demonstrators to stand fast.

"More people will join us tomorrow. Don't leave or we will lose. If we hold on, we will win in the next three to four days," he told the crowd at Government House.

Earlier, Chamlong told reporters: "They can't arrest us all. There aren't enough jails."

- Reuters

Chamlong later apologized for his role in the events: "I wanted a peaceful rally," he said afterwards. "I can’t deny some responsibility for the damage and loss of life. I feel deeply sorry for those families whose members were killed in the incident, for those people who were injured and their families." Nevertheless, he noted that "we were right in what we have done."

Quote Wikipedia Chamlong on the events of the bloody may 1992

TOC now: the Analyst told it is not secret that at the royal family there are some close to the royal family.

This is the trueist comment you have ever made. :o

don't overestimate me.....only took it from TOC, but recall the lady singing with her husband on the piano who was a teacher of the royal family v(my wife told so, not a hard fact).

PAD always told Thaksin was against the King but Samak no one tells

Everyone knows that Samak is a an embarassment of a PM and the PPP are just a bunch of thieves, even if was all done according to the laws. Everyone knows they have violated the spirit of those laws, but being nice diplomatic people we say "innocent until proven guilty" and wait for courts decisions.

PAD is not playing these niceties game anymore.

The courts can't catch all the criminals even if they try very hard, and there aren't enough laws to cover all possible transgressions. There MUST be a sense of propriety, there MUST be desire and commitment to follow the laws and set examples, and this government is doing exactly the opposite. They are playing catch me if you can game instead.

Many believe they should be allowed to twist and turn and run and duck and plunder the country until jail doors are shut on them with all appeals completely exhausted.

PAD has decided this won't do.

The country is going to the dogs and PAD are the only ones who really care - people sitting around wating for the process to take its natural course are tacitly approving it, in the name of "democracy". Yeah, right, half the parlament are relatives of political criminals, the PM is a self proclaimed nominee of a criminal fugitive, and is on his last appeal, and half the Cabinet are in various stages of court proceedings.

Calling this abomination "democracy" only cheapens the word and the concept.

Personally I'm among those who'd rather sit and wait a little bit more, but if PAD's patience have run out, I totally understand and support them in their drive.

>>>>

Don't forget that PPP, Matchima, and Chart Thai can all be dissolved for electoral fraud. Their electoral victory and the right to govern is legitimate only from strictly legal point of view and only because legal wheels need time to turn around.

It's all nice and proper to give them the benefit of the doubt but, honestly, these serial fraudsters don't deserve any, and PAD has decided that waiting for the courts is just a waste of time.

I know how it sounds - taking law into your own hands, but we are not talking about issues of life and death here, we are talking about thieves right to steal until they get caught. At worst they lose their jobs as MPs, not their freedom, not even their credit status. Their regular rights are not going to be violated, they'll only lose the right to steal, as I said.

At this point someone will surely say - but they represent people who elected them. Yeah, right. They all run under Thaksin's banner, telling people they are Thaksin's reps, they took his money, they made their pledges and promises, they flew to Hong Kong to get his approval for this and that, and now it's suddenly all about people.

I understand why PAD is not buying any of this bullshit, and others are too nice to call it what it is.

And what is a people supposed to do when a party filled with criminals keeps coming back over and over again after endless dissolutions that they brought upon themselves to begin with, TRT-PPP and crime are like moths on a hot bulb, they just can't help it even though they get burned every time.

The TRT reincarnation each time can never be anything else but the same f*&% crime syndicate disguised as a political party working hand in hand with the majority of a corrupt police force, another crime syndicate. The same police force that wants the PAD taken down today was a week ago distributing THaksin and Pojaman's mugshots. :o

Have a major police reform to begin with and THEN you can start thinking of controlling such protests. Until then, those who say they are in power are no more in power than the protesters are, they are only pretending since the police force itself is divided to begin with.

Edited by Tony Clifton

BREAKING - D Expects Police to Crackdown on Protesters at 3 - 5 a.m.

UPDATE : 27 August 2008 - THAILAND OUTLOOK -

PAD protesters believe the police will crackdown on therally-goers at 3 - 5 a.m.. It's also been reported that there's an increase in police's presence at Government House.

TOC now: the Analyst told it is not secret that at the royal family there are some close to the royal family.

This is the trueist comment you have ever made. :D

From the South then you both should know.

Kan Win :o

PAD heavyweight Chamlong Srimuang,.... (said)

"More people will join us tomorrow. Don't leave or we will lose. If we hold on, we will win in the next three to four days," he told the crowd at Government House.

- Reuters

Sounds like reality is slowly dawning on the PAD leaders. Chamlong can see his dreams slipping away......no blood on the streets, no chance of the army staging another coup and his support on the ground beginning to crumble away. Do I detect a note of desperation in his plea?

Everyone knows that Samak is a an embarassment of a PM and the PPP are just a bunch of thieves, even if was all done according to the laws. Everyone knows they have violated the spirit of those laws, but being nice diplomatic people we say "innocent until proven guilty" and wait for courts decisions.

PAD is not playing these niceties game anymore.

The courts can't catch all the criminals even if they try very hard, and there aren't enough laws to cover all possible transgressions. There MUST be a sense of propriety, there MUST be desire and commitment to follow the laws and set examples, and this government is doing exactly the opposite. They are playing catch me if you can game instead.

Many believe they should be allowed to twist and turn and run and duck and plunder the country until jail doors are shut on them with all appeals completely exhausted.

PAD has decided this won't do.

The country is going to the dogs and PAD are the only ones who really care - people sitting around wating for the process to take its natural course are tacitly approving it, in the name of "democracy". Yeah, right, half the parlament are relatives of political criminals, the PM is a self proclaimed nominee of a criminal fugitive, and is on his last appeal, and half the Cabinet are in various stages of court proceedings.

Calling this abomination "democracy" only cheapens the word and the concept.

Personally I'm among those who'd rather sit and wait a little bit more, but if PAD's patience have run out, I totally understand and support them in their drive.

>>>>

Don't forget that PPP, Matchima, and Chart Thai can all be dissolved for electoral fraud. Their electoral victory and the right to govern is legitimate only from strictly legal point of view and only because legal wheels need time to turn around.

It's all nice and proper to give them the benefit of the doubt but, honestly, these serial fraudsters don't deserve any, and PAD has decided that waiting for the courts is just a waste of time.

I know how it sounds - taking law into your own hands, but we are not talking about issues of life and death here, we are talking about thieves right to steal until they get caught. At worst they lose their jobs as MPs, not their freedom, not even their credit status. Their regular rights are not going to be violated, they'll only lose the right to steal, as I said.

At this point someone will surely say - but they represent people who elected them. Yeah, right. They all run under Thaksin's banner, telling people they are Thaksin's reps, they took his money, they made their pledges and promises, they flew to Hong Kong to get his approval for this and that, and now it's suddenly all about people.

I understand why PAD is not buying any of this bullshit, and others are too nice to call it what it is.

Great post. Samak, Toxin, Chalerm and friends of the PPP are just criminals and thieves who never have enough.

Just wondering - has anything on the ground been changed 1 iota by 42 pages of navel gazing on Thai Visa?

Dunno. Ask Plus, Insight, Sriracha's John and Tony Clifton, in whose joint post count they have reiterated and repeated repeated repeated the same basic anti-Shinawatra point nearly 35,000 times, apparently to no avail for they still seem to have convinced few outside of their own quartet !

They deserve medals for perseverance. Well done hansum men ! Keng maark chang loy !

Good leaders are elected in a democratic society rather than leading riotous mobs on the street.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Thailand has something like 35 Million voters and here we have a mob of 30 thousand trying to force their political will on the rest of the country through street protests and general disruption of the community in Bangkok and the government.

It is quite the misnomer to call it a party

it is no more and no less than Thaksin's personally modeled political machine.

In the best Tammaney Hall Boss Tweed tradition.

It's ONLY reason for existing

is to control the graft and the boss's investment

in manipulating the Thai system for his ends,

and the patronage he hands out to keep the

lackey foots soldiers in line.

It is a political machine, and it only takes a

few phone calls from Kuhn T. even in escape mode,

to put order back in the house. Money TALKS loud and clear.

PAD clearly felt there was a pressing need to

clean house BEFORE the military reshuffle.

But it seems someone had prepared a game plan

for their big day that they had not factored in.

I keep seeing the figure 35 million voters.

But one has to wonder how many up country voters

are voting with most of the TRUTH as facts in their decisions.

Up country this HUGE machine controls a LOT of the information,

including TV and mostly radio and press distribution.

Is it still democratic if voters apply their votes based on a tissue of lies

controled by a political machine; a la 'Meet John Doe'...

This sure looks like that here.

awesome,

i wonder if the baht

will hit 40 to the dollar

by the weekend.

i need to move $20k

by the end of the month :o

was just watching this

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

no clue what they are saying

but they are definitely all drunk.

cheers !

Just wondering - has anything on the ground been changed 1 iota by 42 pages of navel gazing on Thai Visa?

Dunno. Ask Plus, Insight, Sriracha's John and Tony Clifton, in whose joint post count they have reiterated and repeated repeated repeated the same basic anti-Shinawatra point nearly 35,000 times, apparently to no avail for they still seem to have convinced few outside of their own quartet !

They deserve medals for perseverance. Well done hansum men ! Keng maark chang loy !

Can I also ask younghusband, sunrise, heng, Journalist, Thaigene2, gymshark et al?

Any hansum men there?