Expiration Of A Double Entry Tourist Visa?

I'm trying to determine when the best time would be to send off my passport and application for a double entry tourist Visa in LOS. Other posts on the validity and duration of a double entry tourist Visa seem to differ. If I apply for this visa, am I required to activate the first entry within 90 or 120 days? And now for the second entry... I know that I have to make a trip to BKK's immigration office for a 30 day extension on the first entry. But, do I need to make a trip back to the immigration office to activate the 2nd entry visa? I'm a little confused as to when I should apply. Essentially, I plan on arriving in BKK on December 9, 2008 and need to stay till April 4th, possibly a few weeks longer. It's not work related. What is the most economical and logical way to go about it? I've only used a 30 daY on arrival before in the Kingdom.

Tourist visas are valid either three or six month. All entries must take place during that time period. Only a new entry into Thailand will activate a new 60 (or 30) day entry (permitted to stay).

Apply end of November for a two entry tourist visa - that should take care of you regardless of 3 or 6 month validity of visa.

Tourist Visas are valid from date of issue so its best to obtain visa close to departure date.

It seems it depends on the consulate as to how long the validity is for. Could be 90 days or longer. Best to check with your consulate.

To activate 2nd entry you must leave the Kingdom and then re-enter. You must activate 2nd entry before the 'Use before' date printed on Visa.

:o