Bangkok Tattoo's

Dondi

Im a big fan of body art and i know Bangkok can be a good place to get some done

for those that have a clue on this , im looking for a colourful Tiger 8cmx15cm approx on my right shoulder

what would this cost on average ?? could it be done for under 8000bt ?

i cant find any websites :o

Haven't got mine in Bkk yet as i am not too sure of the health safety here. From my experience it's better if you really scout around and do alot of research on it.

Remember a tattoo that is done with not a properly sterlized needle or a damage needle could change eveything from what you will be expecting.

I got 2 of mine done in Borneo, good results but with a price. Of course you won't mind paying a bomb for something that will be with you for life, right?

Remember " Think before you ink "

Explorer :o

some of Bangkok's tattoo shops are at a very high standard , one on KSR got an award for its cleaniness and quality by Tattoo Asia magazine , health and safety dont worry me.

ive got 3 done in Bangkok already but im in need of a price for this Tiger tattoo i want. In Sydney (my home city) its around 7000bt at a high quality tattoo shop in the city, its just super packed there and take hours of waiting to just get a price.

ill just wait and see i guess ..... the money factor for my trip over isn't allowing to be pushed too much

There is a guy called little Joe in Soi Thonglor....He works on appointment only..Do a google.....There is another dude in Mah Boon Krong who is reputed for being good, on ground floor.....Jimmy Wong(sic) has several parlours, one on Soi 7 Sukhumvit I think.... :o

I thought Jimmy Wong's was on Soi 5. My son is a tattooist in the US and asked me to find out where he was located a few years ago. Jimmy is quite famous in tatoo circles.

There is a guy called little Joe in Soi Thonglor....He works on appointment only..Do a google.....There is another dude in Mah Boon Krong who is reputed for being good, on ground floor.....Jimmy Wong(sic) has several parlours, one on Soi 7 Sukhumvit I think.... :o

I thought Jimmy Wong's was on Soi 5. My son is a tattooist in the US and asked me to find out where he was located a few years ago. Jimmy is quite famous in tatoo circles.

Jimmy Wong started doing tattoo since 1971 and the first to be in bangkok. The whole family does tattoo too.

Explorer :D

A couple friends of mine had humongous and beautiful tattoo work done on their back(large Bald eagles) in Pattaya three years ago, as I recall the guy was Thai and reputed to be the best in Thailand but from the work I saw it was beautiful indeed, I am not into this stuff so my opinion is based only on what I see and hear from others. Am not sure of what the price was but I believe it was about Baht 15000 but these were two sitting tattoos and not small, many colors.

Im a big fan of body art and i know Bangkok can be a good place to get some done

for those that have a clue on this , im looking for a colourful Tiger 8cmx15cm approx on my right shoulder

i cant find any websites :o

I had a tattoo done just about a month ago. basicly the same as you have described here.

I paid 7000 baht for it. had it done in my hotel room.

the tattoo artist name is anu and his "shop" is located on sukhumvit soi 11.

normally he dosent start up until about 22.00 and then works until 04.00.

It took him about 5 hours to make.

he changed neddle everytime he changed colours and was very proffesional.

if you are interested pm me and I will give you his contact details.

ps. he speaks a little english .

the monkey

5 hours :D whats a long time , i might do it over 2 days .... unless theres a TV or something to watch

i might PM you mate .....

[/quote

he came to my hotel room with all his gear and used about one hour setting it up and agreeing on the design. I spend the time looking tv.

I also have to say that I paid 7000 baht, but that was not only for the tiger, I had the tiger done on the inside of my upper arm and on the outside I allready had a dragon which he also coloured up for me again.

so the price from shoulder to elbow is about 7000 baht, If you only want the tiger I would say between 3000-4000 baht.

Including colouring up my dragon it took 8 hours all together so doing it over two days will just prolong your pain,( coz it hurts like ###### near your arm pit)

hope you find what you are looking for. and as said before you are welcome to pm me..

the monkey.

ps I might be able to send you some pics of his work :o

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Haven't got mine in Bkk yet as i am not too sure of the health safety here. From my experience it's better if you really scout around and do alot of research on it.

Remember a tattoo that is done with not a properly sterlized needle or a damage needle could change eveything from what you will be expecting.

I got 2 of mine done in Borneo, good results but with a price. Of course you won't mind paying a bomb for something that will be with you for life, right?

Remember " Think before you ink "

Explorer :)

You got to be kidding me, so you live in Bangkok and Pattaya...and you can't do a risk analysis on a tattoo parlor to screen out a place that is using dirty needles? Have you driven, flown, ate or tried to cross a street lately in Thailand lately?

i cant find any websites :)

I had a tattoo done just about a month ago. basicly the same as you have described here.

I paid 7000 baht for it. had it done in my hotel room.

the tattoo artist name is anu and his "shop" is located on sukhumvit soi 11.

normally he dosent start up until about 22.00 and then works until 04.00.

It took him about 5 hours to make.

he changed neddle everytime he changed colours and was very proffesional.

if you are interested pm me and I will give you his contact details.

ps. he speaks a little english .

the monkey

Anu did a large dragon on my back and a full calf Koi fish. The dragon too 12 hrs over 2 sittings. I second Anu and his work.

Jimmy Wong also did a small tattoo for me and I can tell you he is 2 or 3 times as expensive than Anu.

• 1 year later...

Or view here. This guy is very well known by many foreigners as well as by other Thai tattoo artists. Really worth going to see him. Speaks excellent English.

http://eaktattoo.bangkok247.net

hey guys, i just found this thread somehow - anywho, i clicked on link above, but it's no longer in existence

i found two eak tattoo studio online, so i'm not sure which

anyone, to shed a light on this? much appreciated with thanks!

• 2 months later...

I paid 40k for a quater sleeve by Joy wong.

Custom work.

... 40K thats way too much for a 1/4 sleave

Agreed, but take a look at the tattooists name, says it all.

Bear in mind though quality work doesnt come cheap,plenty of scratch artists out there, no doubt after visiting one you will be heading to Jimmy/Joy Wong for a cover up.

New shop Tattoo OD in Soi 53 near ThongLor BTS. Opened by Thaitanium the Hip Hop band.

No idea what they charge (I can bet its high) but its always busy with a mix of Farangs and HiSo Thais. Some stunning looking girls hanging around there too for what its worth ;)